Where is the Best brunch in TV on weekends?

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Default Where is the Best brunch in TV on weekends?

Can I please get some recommendations for the best place in TV to have brunch on the weekends? Thank you for your help.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I like Bob Evans. Tierra del sol had made to order omelets and great baked stuff, but I haven't been there in over a year. Katie Belles used to have a great brunch on Sundays.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Hacienda and Orange Blossom country clubs have the best sunday brunch. Katie Bellies unfortunately no more have it as they also had a good one. I don't know about the other country clubs. Bob Evans always have an excellent menu selection, food, and service.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:08 AM
Veteran member

Cane Gardens.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:13 AM
Veteran member

La Hasienda Country Club has everything plus beef carving station. Bonifay has the Buffet with omelette stations.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I like Bob Evans. Tierra del sol had made to order omelets and great baked stuff, but I haven't been there in over a year. Katie Belles used to have a great brunch on Sundays.
They almost all have made to order omelettes. We went to Tierra del Sol a few weeks ago and were very disappointed.
They seem to be very disorganized. We got there at nine when they open and had to sit around for twenty minutes before the food was ready. They didn't bring out any scrambled eggs until we were ready to leave at about 10:15. The food was mediocre at best, but it was the service that disappointed us the most.
Went to Hacienda on Easter and it was great. Incredibly crowded, but I expected that on Easter Sunday.
The omelette station was very busy and I don't like waiting in line, but that's my problem. They had another station where they were making pancakes and French toast. I waited for the line to go down and got up to get some pancakes. They were good and you could order them with several different fruits, but I would have preferred that they just put them in a warmer so I wouldn't have to wait in line. I didn't bother with the omelettes to the carving station, but again, that's my choice.
We agreed that we'd go back to Hacienda but never return to Tierra del Sol unless we hear that they've gotten their act together.

Haven't tried Orange Blossom but if Don says it's good, we'll have to give it a shot.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
They almost all have made to order omelettes. We went to Tierra del Sol a few weeks ago and were very disappointed.
They seem to be very disorganized. We got there at nine when they open and had to sit around for twenty minutes before the food was ready. They didn't bring out any scrambled eggs until we were ready to leave at about 10:15. The food was mediocre at best, but it was the service that disappointed us the most.
Went to Hacienda on Easter and it was great. Incredibly crowded, but I expected that on Easter Sunday.
The omelette station was very busy and I don't like waiting in line, but that's my problem. They had another station where they were making pancakes and French toast. I waited for the line to go down and got up to get some pancakes. They were good and you could order them with several different fruits, but I would have preferred that they just put them in a warmer so I wouldn't have to wait in line. I didn't bother with the omelettes to the carving station, but again, that's my choice.
We agreed that we'd go back to Hacienda but never return to Tierra del Sol unless we hear that they've gotten their act together.

Haven't tried Orange Blossom but if Don says it's good, we'll have to give it a shot.
We've been there a few times and we were very pleased with them. We went over when we thought it wouldn't be crowded.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:20 PM
Sage

Tierra Del Sol, is a filthy pit-look @ the scrounge that is imbedded in the crevices on the bar.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:27 PM

Bonifay
Old 03-31-2016, 09:17 PM
Gold member

Palmer has a great brunch and the ultimate Bloody Mary!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-31-2016, 09:50 PM

If you want to spend a little money Harbor Hills and Mission Inn have awesome brunches but are nearby.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 03-31-2016, 10:21 PM

Orange Blossom is a breakfast buffet - no brunch items. The food is good. The service is terrible. If you don't care if your coffee cup is ever refilled, try it out!

Old 04-01-2016, 03:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Bonifay has been our go to with service and food. We are finding it harder to go out to resturants and really say it was worth the trip. Not just in TV, but up north also. We go to Cheesecake Factory every Sunday. But Easter brunch the same dishes we always get had less of everything (one Canadian Bacon instead of two and so on). Brought this up to the manger and he said it is always served that way. will will go this Sunday and see. If I am spending $15.00 on an egg, it needs to be worth it.

I love breakfast out but really miss breakfast at a coney, when we are in TV.

Last edited by asianthree; 04-01-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:35 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=They didn't bring out any scrambled eggs until we were ready to leave at about 10:15. .[/QUOTE]

Had the same experience. There at 9, no scrambles eggs. Was told they didn't bring them out until there were more people !!!

The omelet station was open early though and there was a large bakery items available that I have not seen at other places.
Closed Thread

Tags
brunch, weekends, place, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.