Where should the TOTV Monthly meetings be?

View Poll Results: Good replacement place for Crispers for our 3rd Friday Crispers meetings?
Beef O'bradys 0 0%
Bob Evans 2 8.70%
Cody's Roadhouse 3 13.04%
Johnny Rockets 3 13.04%
Sonny's Bbq 1 4.35%
Sonrise Cafe 3 13.04%
Steak 'n Shake 1 4.35%
Subway 1 4.35%
Toojay's 3 13.04%
Another choice. 9 39.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Where should the TOTV Monthly meetings be?

I sounds like Crispers in Southern Trace Shopping Center will be closing at the end of this month.

Where would be a good place to have our 3:00 PM monthly meetings each third Friday?
Old 05-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage

TooJays | Original Gourmet Deli

I picked Toojay's. There are a number of these here in the Villages.

Locations | TooJays

Really like Lil Bits Cafe but they close at 2:00 PM on most days.  
Old 05-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
TooJays | Original Gourmet Deli

I picked Toojay's. There are a number of these here in the Villages.

Locations | TooJays

Really like Lil Bits Cafe but they close at 2:00 PM on most days.  
I suppose the time can be modified too for this meeting on each month's 3rd Friday?
Old 05-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

One of the nicer things about meeting at Crispers was being able to sit outside and form a circle with our chairs and allow each person to introduce themselves and where they moved from.

Maybe the new owners will allow us to meet there too.

I think TooJays is a good idea because they have an outside area to sit and there are three locations. However, we would/should have to order something to eat and we have always met at three. I am not hungry at three. Crispers was very accomadating to us over the years, many didn't order anything and most just had a cold drink.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Not on your list, but a good central location and a business that will probably be there for many more years. They have a glassed in room in the back, and usually about 2 to 3:00 they are not as busy, I would suggest Paneras at LSL. If you're not hungry since you might have eaten lunch already, they do offer pastries and coffee.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
One of the nicer things about meeting at Crispers was being able to sit outside and form a circle with our chairs and allow each person to introduce themselves and where they moved from.

Maybe the new owners will allow us to meet there too.

I think TooJays is a good idea because they have an outside area to sit and there are three locations. However, we would/should have to order something to eat and we have always met at three. I am not hungry at three. Crispers was very accomadating to us over the years, many didn't order anything and most just had a cold drink.
We will have to see what goes in where the Crispers is.

Part of the problem with other places than Crispers is tipping and the need for the restaurant to keep the flow of customers coming in-and-out.

Maybe, we could switch to various TOTVers houses??? That would not work for me and our house though. Private reasons which I need not share.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Not on your list, but a good central location and a business that will probably be there for many more years. They have a glassed in room in the back, and usually about 2 to 3:00 they are not as busy, I would suggest Paneras at LSL. If you're not hungry since you might have eaten lunch already, they do offer pastries and coffee.
That looks like a good option.

Panera Bread
Old 05-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Why not at one of our community pool's?
Old 05-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
That's a great idea Nucky. I suppose someone could get catering from some place or just get some pizzas or something else delivered to the pool if they would accept that kind of an address? Or someone could order, pick it up and bring it back.

Have to find a pool that does not have very active social groups at it.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I think THAT is an EXCELLENT IDEA!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think THAT is an EXCELLENT IDEA!
And we could probably get take out from a number of these restaurants if we are so inclined. NYPD Pizza - Locations

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-07-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

When this was started, Crisper's was the only restaurant that would accommodate us since we never knew how many people would be showing. Crisper's basically chose the time since they didn't want us tying up the restaurant at lunch. It will be difficult to accommodate an unknown number of people, especially since several will not want to eat anything. The reality is that few, if any, restaurants are going to want to accommodate a large group that doesn't want to eat anything.

Doing it at people's homes would not be practical. Again, there is the unknown number of people, plus tiring to accommodate seating for a very large group. Another factor would be the simple fact that it would be a lot strangers in your home. Not a wise risk.

The problem with the pool is no indoor facilities if it gets too hot or too cold, plus folks using the pool aren't going to be too thrilled if we take up most of the chairs. The other alternative would be to get a rec room. We could then order food or have pot lucks or just leave it at coffee and water.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
When this was started, Crisper's was the only restaurant that would accommodate us since we never knew how many people would be showing. Crisper's basically chose the time since they didn't want us tying up the restaurant at lunch. It will be difficult to accommodate an unknown number of people, especially since several will not want to eat anything. The reality is that few, if any, restaurants are going to want to accommodate a large group that doesn't want to eat anything.

Doing it at people's homes would not be practical. Again, there is the unknown number of people, plus tiring to accommodate seating for a very large group. Another factor would be the simple fact that it would be a lot strangers in your home. Not a wise risk.

The problem with the pool is no indoor facilities if it gets too hot or too cold, plus folks using the pool aren't going to be too thrilled if we take up most of the chairs. The other alternative would be to get a rec room. We could then order food or have pot lucks or just leave it at coffee and water.
Some of the pools are quite empty at certain times of that day but the Rec Center seems like a better choice given the weather problems as well as snowbirds and pool crowding at certain times of the year.

There is also the option of making the TOTV meetings more separate as to location like one for the north, central, and south so that it is easier for people to get to them. The people could still come where there location of the meeting is further away if so inclined.

Smaller crowds too for the restaurant, pool or rec center to deal with.

And how about doing a movie rather than a meal as an option for some Friday afternoon? The movies that have been around for a few weeks often have many seats available?
Old 05-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Redwitch has a great idea there with the various meeting rooms. We do have plenty of options. Out of respect I think it would be nice for us to see what Baileysmom has to say. She and Don have been holding the group together as of late.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Redwitch has a great idea there with the various meeting rooms. We do have plenty of options. Out of respect I think it would be nice for us to see what Baileysmom has to say. She and Don have been holding the group together as of late.
Of course, they should have the most input into what happens because of the work she and her husband has been doing for the TOTV people.

There are always many options. Crispers at the 3rd Friday of the month at 3 was very easy to remember and it seemed seldom very crowded but for us. I have not been to one of these meetings since 2013 or so.
Closed Thread

Tags
monthly, meetings, good, place, month

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.