Where should the TOTV Monthly meetings be?

View Poll Results: Good replacement place for Crispers for our 3rd Friday Crispers meetings?
Beef O'bradys 0 0%
Bob Evans 2 8.70%
Cody's Roadhouse 3 13.04%
Johnny Rockets 3 13.04%
Sonny's Bbq 1 4.35%
Sonrise Cafe 3 13.04%
Steak 'n Shake 1 4.35%
Subway 1 4.35%
Toojay's 3 13.04%
Another choice. 9 39.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Some of the pools are quite empty at certain times of that day but the Rec Center seems like a better choice given the weather problems as well as snowbirds and pool crowding at certain times of the year.

There is also the option of making the TOTV meetings more separate as to location like one for the north, central, and south so that it is easier for people to get to them. The people could still come where there location of the meeting is further away if so inclined.

Smaller crowds too for the restaurant, pool or rec center to deal with.

And how about doing a movie rather than a meal as an option for some Friday afternoon? The movies that have been around for a few weeks often have many seats available?
I've always found the movies a great place to go to talk and socialize. I'm thinking they may get upset if you try to put the seats in a circle.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I've always found the movies a great place to go to talk and socialize. I'm thinking they may get upset if you try to put the seats in a circle.
Different strokes for different folks. There is always the option of lunch and a movie.

And at the Crispers meetings I anyway would often just wind up talking to the people at my table along with visiting with the people I had already met at one of these things like -- KathieI, Redwitch, Donna along with her husband , Barefoot and her husband Fireboy, and some other people.

Once in a while a very strong personality would be at one of these and kind of take over the conversation. That would happen when Talk Host or one of his Administrators showed up. And sometimes they would buy lunches for the people there.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-07-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Redwitch has a great idea there with the various meeting rooms. We do have plenty of options. Out of respect I think it would be nice for us to see what Baileysmom has to say. She and Don have been holding the group together as of late.
Well said, again. I haven't attended in quite some time and in fact I have never met Tal in person. Ellen and Don are wonderfully responsible to host this group every month. Usually there are about fifteen people who will show up and occasionally when the owners of TOTV send out an email there are more.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well said, again. I haven't attended in quite some time and in fact I have never met Tal in person. Ellen and Don are wonderfully responsible to host this group every month. Usually there are about fifteen people who will show up and occasionally when the owners of TOTV send out an email there are more.
I will have to meet you sometime graciegirl. You are one of my favorite people on here. Been really busy of late doing a lot of writing here and there, and there as well as over there. Taking a break from part of it but TOTV looks pretty good for what I was trying to do so I can shift my efforts somewhere else soon.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default where to meet

Bob Evans in Colony has a meeting room So does Panera

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Usually there are about fifteen people who will show up and occasionally when the owners of TOTV send out an email there are more.
We chose Crispers at 3 PM in 2008 because at that time, it was a central location.
Crispers was rarely busy at 3 PM, and the manager graciously allowed us to take over the patio for TOTV.
Since we never knew how many people would show up, it was difficult to plan ahead.
In 2008, I think TOTV had around 2,000 members.
Today we have almost 75,000 members. Well done Administrators!
Old 05-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We chose Crispers at 3 PM in 2008 because at that time, it was a central location.
Crispers was rarely busy at 3 PM, and the manager graciously allowed us to take over the patio for TOTV.
Since we never knew how many people would show up, it was difficult to plan ahead.
In 2008, I think TOTV had around 2,000 members.
Today we have almost 75,000 members. Well done Administrators!
That's quite an accomplishment to get that many people on here.

I hope we can work something out with respect to finding a place to go after Crispers closes at the end of May 2017.

Please keep giving us ideas about what can be done.

I remember a small group of us Lynnhaven neighbors-- about 16-- had a room in Nancy Lopez all to ourselves. Probably kind of pricey and the time allowed to socialize would be limited as they would need the room for the next group of guests. | Legacy Restaurant at the Nancy Lopez Country Club

We were in the Domingo Room. Kind of cool but probably quite impractical for TOTV. Event Concierge | Legacy Restaurant at the Nancy Lopez Country Club

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-07-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

I am sorry Crispers is closing, they have been nice offering their patio and sometimes interior for our meet and greets. I never felt a pressure to purchase anything, most people don't so that was a good thing. I would agree that Panera in LSL would be a good choice because they do have a patio that they wouldn't mind us gathering on. I am also willing to give up the hosting of this meeting, they are not well attended and often conflict with other activities that Don and I do. I just volunteered to do this so if with the new location anyone else wants to step up I would be fine with it. I would miss the few regulars who show up but fewer and fewer come on a regular basis. I will see what happens and be at this months meeting.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysmom View Post
I am sorry Crispers is closing, they have been nice offering their patio and sometimes interior for our meet and greets. I never felt a pressure to purchase anything, most people don't so that was a good thing. I would agree that Panera in LSL would be a good choice because they do have a patio that they wouldn't mind us gathering on. I am also willing to give up the hosting of this meeting, they are not well attended and often conflict with other activities that Don and I do. I just volunteered to do this so if with the new location anyone else wants to step up I would be fine with it. I would miss the few regulars who show up but fewer and fewer come on a regular basis. I will see what happens and be at this months meeting.
Lake Sumter Landing might be an easier meeting place now in 2017. Seems a little more to the center of the Villages now.

I would think that this would be great advertising for some Villages' area restaurant to be featured in various threads as the 3rd Friday meeting place.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

The Panera's in Lake Sumter Landing would be more centrally located and it has larger seating areas. At least we shall be at this month's meet and greet.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Sage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
The Panera's in Lake Sumter Landing would be more centrally located and it has larger seating areas. At least we shall be at this month's meet and greet.
Hopefully people will talk while there about where to have the next 3rd Friday TOTV meeting.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Gold member

Ellen is right about the lack of attendance lately at the monthly meetings. If so few people are not interested in attending for whatever reason than personally I don't see the need to continue these meetings.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

All,

I can only attend meetings over the summer due to a conflict the other 9 months of the year. I am open to what ever the group decides, all of the suggestions on the ballot appear reasonable. I like the idea of a rec center, as this provides the possibility of an indoor meeting. my wife occasionally attends and she really does not like the heat. Also, if a rec center is chosen, this could be bring a snack to share, and whatever you want to drink.

If a restaurant or similar is chosen, we liked the idea of ordering take out at the end of the meeting and then going home.

I hope the group can stay together, I was looking forward to see you all again over the summer.

VT
Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
Ellen is right about the lack of attendance lately at the monthly meetings. If so few people are not interested in attending for whatever reason than personally I don't see the need to continue these meetings.

John
Looking back at some older pics of gatherings long ago the attendance was really high and normally a fairly sized group. It's been declining since. The 4 years we been here now I've only met maybe 30 to 40 regular posters. Disappointing but not a problem. People generally don't want to attend and have other plans.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:46 AM

A thought.....Colony has a covered pavilion with picnic tables which can be moved around. Washrooms within 50 ft. and parking within 100 feet. water fountains also, or byob.
Closed Thread

Tags
monthly, meetings, good, place, month

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.