Whiskey Creek

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Default Whiskey Creek

Did Whiskey Creek go under? They were do!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Default Re: Whiskey Creek

It is a shame if they did. But their prices were too high.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

Please see my post. Whiskey Creek has not gone under but recently has made several staff changes to improve their service and food quality. For the record, I am just a Villager with an opinion and I have no connections to any restaurant. I am just interested in giving everyone a fair shake.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 AM

After all the hype and anticipation prior to opening the Whiskey Creek restaurant I found it disappointing.

Visited there with friends and found the place to be mundane in both ambiance and the menu selections.

I'm pleased to read they may regroup. I'm anxious to try it again.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 AM

I would certainly hope before anyone is spreading rumors of Whiskey Creek closing they would give the restaurant a call and speak to someone in management. Not only can I assure you that Whiskey Creek is NOT closing but we are doing very well. You can expect an excellent meal, in a friendly atmosphere, with great service. Perhaps everyone should reconsider giving Whiskey Creek another try. The General Manager is helpful and attentive to guest needs as is the rest of his management team as well as everyone else that is working for Whiskey Creek. I would encourage anyone to give Whiskey Creek another try or a first try. We will go above and beyond your expectations!

Thank You
Old 12-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Glad to hear you had a good experience
Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Have gone threre for lunch,I work so not much time service is very slow and not many servers to take care of you. Need to speed up a little before I can go there. Also was told they dont have managers on duty during the day,dont know if thats true but need to go faster.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:47 PM

I've been there a few times. The first time was so, so, but the next 2 visits, service and the dinner (skillet steak) were very good, with pleasant service.

I would go again.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
I've been there a few times. The first time was so, so, but the next 2 visits, service and the dinner (skillet steak) were very good, with pleasant service.

I would go again.
And it is still open too, despite the rumor mill that has it closed or closing. What was that Mark Twain quote about his death? Oh, that was a rumor too. http://www.twainquotes.com/Death.html
Old 12-07-2007, 04:12 AM

Went there yesterday for dinner. Fast service and good food.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Great Happy Hour...2 for 1 all day long (11am to close) beer and mixed drinks at reasonable prices with good mixed pours.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Veteran member

I have eaten there twice in the past few weeks and had a good experience each time. They suffer, as most restaurants around here, occasional lapses in service because of the difficulty in getting and retaining good servers. I fear that the problem will only get worse overall as The Villages expands. Hope I am wrong!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM

Every time we go there they screw up our order. We go to Outback and pay a little more.

lin
Old 01-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Platinum member

Why do places like Outback and Carrabba's have fewer problems with bad service? I'll bet it has a lot to do with their training program. Whiskey Creek and places which continuually complain about server turnover, might do a little sluthing on their own to see how successful restaurants are better able to manage their servers. George
Old 01-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree barb we love too jays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.