WHISKEY CREEK IS ALIVE AND WELL

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Veteran member
Default WHISKEY CREEK IS ALIVE AND WELL

Whiskey Creek has NOT closed. To the contrary, they have recently made some key staff changes. My own personal experience started off shakey when they opened but more recently the quality of the food and the service has been excellent. I think we all have to be very careful when posting to be reasonable and fair....but to call it like we see it. No matter what the restaurant there are a lot of people with their futures involved. My own personal philosophy is to eat at a place at least three times over a six week or so period before posting a review..whether that be positive or negative.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: WHISKEY CREEK IS ALIVE AND WELL

jtdraig, I don't believe any of the posts here about Whiskey Creek were malicious but like yourself, people reported their individual experience. Restaurant critics are on an expense account and have both a legal and moral obligation to visit a restaurant several times before coming to a conclusion and writing a review. For the rest of us, if we've had a bad experience, and there are other restaurants to choose from, why would we go back. We're not masochists and we're on our own dime! How many times do you need to have a bad experience before you write off a restaurant. Given the population of TV, I'd be very surprised if a post here, either positive or negative would make or break any restaurant. If you look over the dozens of posts for Whiskey Creek, they're all over the map. Some loved it and others didn't. I've read them all and it seems to be hit or miss--certainly not a restaurant where I'd bring someone I wanted to impress.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

I'm on my own dime and have been for the last two years. I understand your viewpoint but I don't believe that a place is wonderful or crappy based on one visit. I guess I learned that traveling for 37 years. People who open restaurants and fail to listen to their customers or who serve lousy food and tolerate poor service will die a painful death. People who listen, change, and make an honest attempt to do well will usually succeed. I think the formula for success in TV is good food, good service, modest pricepoints, and a good theme will usually find success. Thanks!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Sorry to disagree but I might give a place a second chance but after that, no way. We tried Golden Corral for breakfast once and it was so bad and so expensive that we never went back. Well, many must have agreed because they no longer serve daily breakfast.

I don't have the money or the desire to go back to a place that I didn't enjoy UNLESS someone I trust tells me that it has gotten better.

Retired means no extra incom so I spend where I know I can enjoy. To each his own! 8)
Old 08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Eternal Member

I remember reading a food critic's response to a restaurant that he panned - If I go to a restaurant and do not get a good meal or good service for the price I have to pay, why would I ever want to try that place again?

When you go out to eat at some of these restaurants in TV they are not cheap!! You expect a good meal and good service. I won't go back to several restaurants in the area because of either one or the other - although a bad meal is worst than bad service. The waiter could be having a bad day. A bad waiter automatically gets one more visit and I can take it out of the tip.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

To each his own! It is what makes the world go 'round!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.