Why there are no high end restaurants here

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigal View Post
...their food I guess comes from Fresh Harvest Food Store, and I'm sure they have a top notch chef. So good luck for us.
What the...??
Old 05-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Platinum member

The Top Ten Reasons Why There Are No High End Restaurants In The Villages

10. None of the Villages men own long pants.
9. Not that many people understand French.
8. Everything is too expensive, no matter what it costs.
7. We wouldn't have anything to complain about.
6. High end doesn't serve dinner at 4:00 PM.
5. High end doesn't stock the boxes of wine we love.
4. Servers would expect a tip.
3. Chateaubriand doesn't go that well with Bud Light.
2. You can't get fries with the entrees.
1. Most of us can't tell the difference.

ALERT: The above are intended to add humor. As jokes they should not be taken seriously or in any way assumed that they are intended to offend the residents of The Villages.........no matter how true they may be!
Old 05-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Platinum member
Talking Sample Menus

OK, help me understand what you consider a "high end" restaurant. I would think that the prices in some of the Country Clubs would be pushing toward "high end" prices, but still affordable. Is it price, or is it a matter of ambiance and presentation of the meal?

Let's take for example the Lunch and Dinner menus and prices of one of my favorite restaurants in Tampa. Please look at the food available and the prices and tell me if you consider this "high end" enough, or are you seeking something fancier.

Columbia Restaurant

And then take a look of one of the longest running and most successful steak houses in Tampa, and tell me if prices and presentations need to be at this level to be considered "high end."

Bern's Steak House - Our Steaks

Which, if either, would you be inclined to frequent regularly if they had a presence in The Villages? Incidentally, the Columbia is a Spanish Cusine restaurant (not Mexican or Tex-Mex.) Bern's Steak House also has excellent fresh seafood.

Last edited by Carl in Tampa; 05-07-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you live here you should know why High End would only be for a select few and I'll bet there would still be complaints. I see very few people in TV that look like they're starving on what eateries we have available.If you wanted High end I guess you didn't do your homework before you moved here. As for the Private Restaurant above Red Sauce it's a place where those who belong can go and eat a privately cooked meal and not have to put up with someone recognizing them and having to listen to half the bull crap that's posted on TOTV. JMO
Old 05-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
If you live here you should know why High End would only be for a select few and I'll bet there would still be complaints. I see very few people in TV that look like they're starving on what eateries we have available.If you wanted High end I guess you didn't do your homework before you moved here. As for the Private Restaurant above Red Sauce it's a place where those who belong can go and eat a privately cooked meal and not have to put up with someone recognizing them and having to listen to half the bull crap that's posted on TOTV. JMO
I wonder if they have an elevator up to there?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Anglers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I wonder if they have an elevator up to there?
There is an elevator and a staircase. The food is wonderful and definitely there is a chef.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

And there is no issue with pricing....no prices on the menu or the bars.....just great personalized service, very good food with amazing variety including game and fish items of the season. No waiting in line.....great atmosphere to sit and have a drink and talk before dinner......no hub bub of any kind.

Pay the bill at the end of the month when you get it.

Very demonstrable getting what you pay for......
Old 05-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Old 05-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
OK, help me understand what you consider a "high end" restaurant. I would think that the prices in some of the Country Clubs would be pushing toward "high end" prices, but still affordable. Is it price, or is it a matter of ambiance and presentation of the meal?

Let's take for example the Lunch and Dinner menus and prices of one of my favorite restaurants in Tampa. Please look at the food available and the prices and tell me if you consider this "high end" enough, or are you seeking something fancier.

Columbia Restaurant

And then take a look of one of the longest running and most successful steak houses in Tampa, and tell me if prices and presentations need to be at this level to be considered "high end."

Bern's Steak House - Our Steaks

Which, if either, would you be inclined to frequent regularly if they had a presence in The Villages? Incidentally, the Columbia is a Spanish Cusine restaurant (not Mexican or Tex-Mex.) Bern's Steak House also has excellent fresh seafood.
Thank you for your post. I am salivating about Columbia and Bern's looks absolutely divine. Clearly Bern's prices are higher than Columbia. Columbia is not that expensive compared to mediocre restaurants in San Francisco and Boston. But I would certainly go for a special occasion--after fasting for three days first!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
The Top Ten Reasons Why There Are No High End Restaurants In The Villages

10. None of the Villages men own long pants.
9. Not that many people understand French.
8. Everything is too expensive, no matter what it costs.
7. We wouldn't have anything to complain about.
6. High end doesn't serve dinner at 4:00 PM.
5. High end doesn't stock the boxes of wine we love.
4. Servers would expect a tip.
3. Chateaubriand doesn't go that well with Bud Light.
2. You can't get fries with the entrees.
1. Most of us can't tell the difference.

ALERT: The above are intended to add humor. As jokes they should not be taken seriously or in any way assumed that they are intended to offend the residents of The Villages.........no matter how true they may be!
TOO funny with truth interspersed! LOLOL As for high end?? Maybe the two new restaurants that are coming that having well-known chef's names attached will satisfy the OP....or maybe that's not what they were referring to as high-end. Personally our household doesn't really care to eat where everything is ala carte and priced like a week's groceries. We'll stay home for that!
Closed Thread

Tags
burger, high, soup, portobello, cup

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.