Wolfgang Puck

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Wolfgang Puck

I know there is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at Disney Springs. Has anybody eaten there or any other of their restaurants? Since there are plans for one at Brownwood, just wondering what to expect.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Wolfgang Puck(R) Grand Cafe | Walt Disney World Resort
Old 05-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I know there is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at Disney Springs. Has anybody eaten there or any other of their restaurants? Since there are plans for one at Brownwood, just wondering what to expect.
Ate at his restaurant in Vegas----very good.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:09 PM
Dancing Thyme

I've had dinner at Spago's on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood a few years ago. It was excellent, but not holding any hopes that this new place will be comparable.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-11-2017, 01:40 PM

Went to the one in Vega 10 years ago. It will be $150 and you'll have to go to McDonald's afterwards.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clekr View Post
Went to the one in Vega 10 years ago. It will be $150 and you'll have to go to McDonald's afterwards.
I said it was good. Not cheap, not plentiful, but good Besides, in Vegas, you can go sit down at a slot machine or BJ table dinner, have 4 or 5 free drinks, and you won't remember the portion size or the bill
Old 05-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

What was said is that it will be a Wolfgang Puck designed restaurant. I wonder what that means. As in the Guy Fieri place, does that just mean Puck will lend his name? I dunno. $150 for dinner is not going to fly in TV.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
As in the Guy Fieri place, does that just mean Puck will lend his name?
Exactly!

Skip
Old 05-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

is that $150 per meal?????
Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Dusted to go to his restaurant in San Francisco a lot before a play. Rarely dined there, but thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers and pizza at the bar. Prices a lot less at the bar and portions were more filling. Dining there for a full meal was fine dining at its best -- pricey, small portions but great taste, presentation and service. It was a great place to go for some pampering.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default Something for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Dusted to go to his restaurant in San Francisco a lot before a play. Rarely dined there, but thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers and pizza at the bar. Prices a lot less at the bar and portions were more filling. Dining there for a full meal was fine dining at its best -- pricey, small portions but great taste, presentation and service. It was a great place to go for some pampering.
"A great place for pampering". "And appetizers and pizza at the bar". Sounds like this was something for everyone.

Of course, regarding this Brownwood restaurant we will have to wait to see if it will be similar. I still wonder if anyone has been to the Wolfgang Puck at Disney.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
"A great place for pampering". "And appetizers and pizza at the bar". Sounds like this was something for everyone.

Of course, regarding this Brownwood restaurant we will have to wait to see if it will be similar. I still wonder if anyone has been to the Wolfgang Puck at Disney.
As usual, The Villages Gourmet Club website has some details of the Wolfgang Puck restaurant. Interesting!

LINK

Skip
Old 05-11-2017, 05:31 PM

In California~ the butternut squash soup was AMAZING.....(also approved by the hubby!)
Old 05-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Gold member

Probably be a lot like the one in Charlotte NC. Not really high end.

WP Kitchen + Bar, Charlotte - Wolfgang Puck
Old 05-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:

Yes have been to Pucks at Disney Springs many times. Downstairs you can have pizza sandwiches great desserts and there's a bar on the other side. Have eaten there many times great food, I don't find it overly priced. Upstairs is more upscale dinners The food there is excellent also. I'm comparing it to eating at emeralds over at Universal. Excellent service and good food in upstairs part. I can't say that we spent more 60 or $70 for dinner. But we are not big eaters.

He also has a quick service with great eat in or take away. Breakfast pizza is really good

Last edited by thelegges; 05-11-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
wolfgang, puck, plans, restaurants, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.