You Can't Make it UP

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down You Can't Make it UP

Similar to the earlier posts regarding bad experiences at Bob Evan's I have now been exposed to their customer terrible treatment and would not go back!
Old 12-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,038 Times in 5,330 Posts

What happened?
Old 12-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 384 Posts

So what cant you make up?
Old 12-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
It's clickbait - lol..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Memory problems? Must not of been good.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Thanks

Thanks for the question, however it was a rather silly issue which was raised to a major problem because of the attitude by the person I interacted with and his belief that "yelling" could make him right even at the expense of losing a long term customer. Not positive what role the person was in the Restaurant but obviously significant enough to feel comfortable in yelling at customers. Rather than raising my voice or participating in his need for anger management I paid for the food, left the girl who brought it out a tip and left.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Similar to the earlier posts regarding bad experiences at Bob Evan's I have now been exposed to their customer terrible treatment and would not go back!
So how much did you try to extort from them?
Old 12-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I know the Bob Evans at Colony pretty well, been a regular since they opened in January 2017. I would say since the pandemic and they reopened in July, that service as far as seating is bad. We were in just this past Monday at noon, peak of lunch time, and stood at the hostess desk for 10 minutes and no one even acknowledged us. One of the waitresses who recognized us finally came and seated us in a booth and waited on us. The breakfast was lacking as far as quality. The hash browns were burned too much to eat, just overall it wasn't good. I'll be getting pancakes next time, they have the best pancakes, way better than IHOP.

In their defense, I normally get the Rise & Shine and the previous 3 trips it has been perfect. I found out it all depends on who is the cook. As far as seating, that has been slow everytime we've gone since July. They've cut back on personnel as lot. In their defense, when first sat down, there was only 3 other customers in the entire place.

Those who are regulars will know the waiter 'Michael', the ballroom dancer who is rated #7 in the entire country. We've first met Michael at the 466 Bob Evans when we first moved here in 2011. Michael looked like he had lost a lot of weight, so I asked him what going on, he said you didn't hear about my accident. No I said, Michael drives 35 miles each way to work at BE from Ocala and last May while driving to work early in the morning on Baseline Road and there was a sink hole which he didn't see. His car went into the hole and a telephone landed on top and crushed the roof. He said he was almost killed, had broken his back and was laid up for a couple of months. He's recovering and I'm very surprised he's working already on his feet all day and he's not young, he's in his 60's. I asked if he had talked to Dan Newlin the attorney and he said, he had someone similar, I said well maybe someday you won't have to work again.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Who can

Who can stoop so low as to accuse a person of trying to extort when expressing mis treatment. This name caller had/has no knowledge of the circumstances unless he was there? Another question is what was the payback for his/her exhibiting such bulling bad behavior. (e.g. We left tip for server who was not involved in the other Server bad behavior, threw away a Veg. sent from the kitchen for obvious reasons. )

Last edited by PennBF; 12-03-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

They need more breakfast places south of Lake Sumter.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Try First Watch in the Trailwinds Center 466A. They are a franchise, but are pretty good. Whoops, you can get there by golf cart. You might have to actually drive a car.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Who can stoop so low as to accuse a person of trying to extort when expressing mis treatment. This name caller had/has no knowledge of the circumstances unless he was there? Another question is what was the payback for his/her exhibiting such bulling bad behavior. (e.g. We left tip for server who was not involved in the other Server bad behavior, threw away a Veg. sent from the kitchen for obvious reasons. )
Plenty on TOTV. as a matter of fact!
Old 12-04-2020, 09:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Your Right

Your right, there are some who appear to believe they are "victim's" and can''t control themselves. You should never allow your self to be a victim and never participate when someone is trying to protect their bad behavior by attacks or shouting. My feeling is that it is always better to walk away as no matter what you do they will not change. Fortunately, I believe the majority of TOTV posters are good people and are really helpful in most cases. If you experience a problem with a merchant, business or medical facility I see no wrong in expressing the problem and let the reader decide if in fact it was appropriate. When doing this you can expect the "bullies, the challenged to come out of the "woodshed" and start screaming. The best answer is to ignore them and go on with your life. To express an opinion is not being a victim but rather helping others to not be a victim because of your experience.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Which location are you referring to?
Old 12-04-2020, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I know the Bob Evans at Colony pretty well, been a regular since they opened in January 2017. I would say since the pandemic and they reopened in July, that service as far as seating is bad. We were in just this past Monday at noon, peak of lunch time, and stood at the hostess desk for 10 minutes and no one even acknowledged us. One of the waitresses who recognized us finally came and seated us in a booth and waited on us. The breakfast was lacking as far as quality. The hash browns were burned too much to eat, just overall it wasn't good. I'll be getting pancakes next time, they have the best pancakes, way better than IHOP.

In their defense, I normally get the Rise & Shine and the previous 3 trips it has been perfect. I found out it all depends on who is the cook. As far as seating, that has been slow everytime we've gone since July. They've cut back on personnel as lot. In their defense, when first sat down, there was only 3 other customers in the entire place.

Those who are regulars will know the waiter 'Michael', the ballroom dancer who is rated #7 in the entire country. We've first met Michael at the 466 Bob Evans when we first moved here in 2011. Michael looked like he had lost a lot of weight, so I asked him what going on, he said you didn't hear about my accident. No I said, Michael drives 35 miles each way to work at BE from Ocala and last May while driving to work early in the morning on Baseline Road and there was a sink hole which he didn't see. His car went into the hole and a telephone landed on top and crushed the roof. He said he was almost killed, had broken his back and was laid up for a couple of months. He's recovering and I'm very surprised he's working already on his feet all day and he's not young, he's in his 60's. I asked if he had talked to Dan Newlin the attorney and he said, he had someone similar, I said well maybe someday you won't have to work again.

The Villages Florida
I used to follow ballroom dancing. What is Michael's last name?

I've had a gentleman who was a roller skating champion at the Colony Bob Evans. Do you know him?

Tags
back, treatment, terrible, customer, exposed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.