Wolfgang Puck Dinner 9-2-2020

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I have eaten there at least 5 times and have always had a great meal. The pork schnitzel was excellent. I've also been very pleased with the service.
Two times when I called for reservations (once the same day and the other time 2 days ahead) inside seating was full from 4:30 - 7:30.
So... someone had a few glitches with their meal. Don't make a judgement on one person's experience. Note she said the food was good.
I'll take Wolfgang Puck's restaurant any day vs. the mediocre at best food at most of the Country Club restaurants.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:12 AM

My guess is never. He licensed his name almost like a franchise
Old 09-04-2020, 05:43 AM

Curious why anyone would eat inside a restaurant these days?
Old 09-04-2020, 05:44 AM

Good morning, we had the pleasure of eating at Wolfgang Puck on Tuesday. We enjoyed a great experience. The food, service and wine was delicious! I had the Mezze app and my husband had the crab cake. For our main course, I had the Asian salad, my husband had the Meatloaf. The server recommended the Wolfgang Puck wine which was delicious! There was a staff meeting going on while we were there, our server Beth came over twice to check on us while she was “attending” the meeting. We will definitely be back!
Old 09-04-2020, 05:50 AM

I have also eaten at Pucks several times and have been very happy with the service and food. To me it is up and running smoothly especially considering they opened right before Covid.
For those who say they will wait, if we don’t support our restaurants we won’t have them. Nothing and no one is perfect all the time. For me, I welcome the additions of Pucks, Blue Fin, Metro Diner etc instead of yet another Cody’s, RJ’s and other same same restaurants at our squares.
Give Pucks a try, good food, service...try the steak...best around and the asparagus is to die for!
Old 09-04-2020, 05:54 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompeyKing View Post
We went to Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant at the Brownwood hotel for our 40th anniversary dinner. We wanted to sit outside even though the hostess tried to get us to sit at the bar. We felt safe as the tables were spaced properly and all the staff had mask on. While we were waiting to be seated we noticed the tables and chairs being sprayed and wiped down. Overall we had a nice evening and enjoyed the food. There were a few problems which I will identify for you. First, the service was very very slow. When our wariest finally showed up she said she wasn’t told she had a table outside. We gave our drink order and ordered the shrimp cocktail for our appetizer. Some time later the appetizer arrived and the person who brought it asked if we needed anything else. We said that the cocktails we ordered would be nice. Shortly our server arrived with our drinks and said she wasn’t notified that they were ready!! My husband ordered a Kettle One Vodka Martini, dry, straight up. I had one of there speciality cocktails. The martini was very very weak..... a martini should have a bite to it, but this was not a good drink. We had our cocktails and finished our appetizer. Our server came and took our dinner and a second round of drink orders. She took away the empty drink glasses but left the “ice” bowl that the shrimp was serviced in on the table. We moved it out of the way because it was “sweating” and the ice had begun melting. My husband ordered a beer to go with his Pork Schnitzel (I had the same dish) and I ordered a vodka & cranberry drink. As we waited for our drink to arrive someone (I’m guessing the manger) came buy and asked how things were going, we said okay and he asked what about the service. We told him it was slow. (Seems strange that they would bring up the service!!). My drink was very very weak, the look and taste was just cranberry juice. When I received the bill, I noticed that they charged me for a Kettle One drink when I had only asked for vodka. I think we both will just stick with beer next time. Our food was good and we enjoyed our evening our. We will consider going back but will probably just go for a pizza or burger.
It happens. Sounds like you had a new waitress. A ctually new employees. With the flu its possible the original workers didnt return when things started to go back to normal. If the drinks or food are poor, dont go back. Tons of places to eat fantastic food
Old 09-04-2020, 06:00 AM

Just a quick FYI, The Villages owns the property and Wolfgang is the tenant and runs the operation. Wolfgang or his staff come down often (every few weeks), and they control everything in that establishment from the menu, equipment to the paintings hanging on the walls. They like every other eatery, have to wade through some bad eggs. The floor manager that was at Bone Fish (Damon), is there to make sure your experience is excellent. He is fantastic at making guest feel well served. I have learned that when service takes a dip below your expectations, say something constructively critical to the one that can help and in an eatery like this, they will address it pronto. The only bad experience you leave with is the one you will share with those who cannot improve it. I hope you come back and speak to Damon (Cricket), as soon as you are seated, he will ensure your next experience will be great, it is his job and he is good at it.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:14 AM

Restaurants are begging for help they're all short staffed. You should cut back on the alcohol and stay home.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Puck's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Doesnt seem like they have much in the way of management.
They have excellent management. Check out TV FB restaurant review pages. Out of 100s of posts there has been an extremely small amount of negative reviews. Give it a try I am sure you will like the restaurant.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Watched the bartender make a mixed call drink. It was a measured single shot pour. How pathetic.
Many places are doing that now, not only to save money but also in order to defend themselves in case of a drunk driving incident.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
We went to Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant at the Brownwood hotel for our 40th anniversary dinner. We wanted to sit outside even though the hostess tried to get us to sit at the bar. We felt safe as the tables were spaced properly and all the staff had mask on. While we were waiting to be seated we noticed the tables and chairs being sprayed and wiped down. Overall we had a nice evening and enjoyed the food. There were a few problems which I will identify for you. First, the service was very very slow. When our wariest finally showed up she said she wasn’t told she had a table outside. We gave our drink order and ordered the shrimp cocktail for our appetizer. Some time later the appetizer arrived and the person who brought it asked if we needed anything else. We said that the cocktails we ordered would be nice. Shortly our server arrived with our drinks and said she wasn’t notified that they were ready!! My husband ordered a Kettle One Vodka Martini, dry, straight up. I had one of there speciality cocktails. The martini was very very weak..... a martini should have a bite to it, but this was not a good drink. We had our cocktails and finished our appetizer. Our server came and took our dinner and a second round of drink orders. She took away the empty drink glasses but left the “ice” bowl that the shrimp was serviced in on the table. We moved it out of the way because it was “sweating” and the ice had begun melting. My husband ordered a beer to go with his Pork Schnitzel (I had the same dish) and I ordered a vodka & cranberry drink. As we waited for our drink to arrive someone (I’m guessing the manger) came buy and asked how things were going, we said okay and he asked what about the service. We told him it was slow. (Seems strange that they would bring up the service!!). My drink was very very weak, the look and taste was just cranberry juice. When I received the bill, I noticed that they charged me for a Kettle One drink when I had only asked for vodka. I think we both will just stick with beer next time. Our food was good and we enjoyed our evening our. We will consider going back but will probably just go for a pizza or burger.
You should never order top shelf unless you can see them making your drink.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
That’s horrible! I’m sorry you had to go through that. I could say you were warned that you should sit at the bar, where you would have faster service, but you should receive good service anywhere there are tables.

In my experience, a lot of restaurants make really bad dry martinis, even though they are easy to make. Some make great ones, and I remember and order them. Martinis are pretty cheap and easy to make, but they are expensive, so if I get one that is lousy, I send it back and say specifically what is wrong. If I know a place makes lousy martinis, I stop ordering them there and switch to, say, gin and tonic or gin or vodka on the rocks. I also like olives in my martini, but not a dirty martini, which is like drinking ocean water. Sometimes I’m brought a dirty martini, and I send it back. I also send it back if I ask for a dry martini, but it has too much vermouth. As for “premium drinks” called martinis because they are served in martini glasses, I cringe. Fine, serve it in a martini glass, but it’s not a martini! That’s as wrong as making a Margarita with vodka instead of tequila and still calling it a margarita.

I understand that food can sometimes take awhile to arrive, but drinks should arrive promptly, water immediately, and I don’t want the appetizer and the main dish to arrive at the same time. I hate to complain in a restaurant, and I rarely do, but if something isn’t right, I try to politely share that with the appropriate person.

Oh, but I also REVIEW restaurants accurately for Trip Advisor and Yelp. Sometimes I even warn my waiter that I do this. If it’s not right, I will share that. I remember visiting what was supposed to be one of the best Mexican restaurants in Ocala and ordering one of my favorite dishes, but the dominant taste of the sauce was salt. There must have been a tablespoon of salt in the sauce on my plate. Things like that should be tasted before serving to people. That’s why there are chefs! The review was not complimentary.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:55 AM
Default This ain’t the same “guy” place.

Just an FYI; TV owns the building and the property, Wolfgang controls everything from the menu, staff and equipment being used to the paintings on the wall. They brought in the floor manager from Bone Fish to raise the level of service. Damon (aka Cricket he is one of the best), is there to ensure your experience is meets your expectations. Wolfgang or his staff are there every few weeks to keep an eye on things. I have learned that in an eatery like this, if you can constructively criticize the service to the proper person it will be handled appropriately. The only bad experience you have is the one that you told to the people that cannot help improve it. I would suggest that on your next trip in as you are seated and before you order, speak to Damon and let him know what happened. He will make sure you leave with a great experience.

Last edited by Stduno; 09-04-2020 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-04-2020, 07:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
... As we waited for our drink to arrive someone (I’m guessing the manger) came buy and asked how things were going, we said okay ...
You had an opportunity to tell the manager all the things that you told us. That would have given him the chance to make needed changes.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
You had an opportunity to tell the manager all the things that you told us. That would have given him the chance to make needed changes.
That did surprise me. We would have said what we thought of the service and drinks.
Closed Thread

Tags
drink, ordered, asked, appetizer, cocktails

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.