Wolfgang Puck Dinner 9-2-2020

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2020, 07:18 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to rick2071

We were there the same night, our service was great. The food was excellent, but the drinks were not so good for the price. We have been there several times and will continue to go there.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:24 AM

you contradicted yourself. You said your husband ordered a brand drink and then at the end said you were charged for it but only ordered house brand. If you are going to complain at least get your facts straight.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Thanks for the update.

Wonder how often Puck comes to see how things are going?

Probably as many times as Guy Fieri showed up at his restaurant in TV. That's why it's no longer there. Big names mean nothing if service and food are not up to par. Nothing worse than getting screwed paying big bucks for a good drink and having it taste like
watered down booze.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=PompeyKing;1827711]We went to Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant at the Brownwood hotel for our 40th anniversary dinner. We wanted to sit outside even though the hostess tried to get us to sit at the bar. We felt safe as the tables were spaced properly and all the staff had mask on. While we were waiting to be seated we noticed the tables and chairs being sprayed and wiped down. Overall we had a nice evening and enjoyed the food. There were a few problems which I will identify for you. First, the service was very very slow. When our wariest finally showed up she said she wasn’t told she had a table outside. We gave our drink order and ordered the shrimp cocktail for our appetizer. Some time later the appetizer arrived and the person who brought it asked if we needed anything else. We said that the cocktails we ordered would be nice. Shortly our server arrived with our drinks and said she wasn’t notified that they were ready!! My husband ordered a Kettle One Vodka Martini, dry, straight up. I had one of there speciality cocktails. The martini was very very weak..... a martini should have a bite to it, but this was not a good drink. We had our cocktails and finished our appetizer. Our server came and took our dinner and a second round of drink orders. She took away the empty drink glasses but left the “ice” bowl that the shrimp was serviced in on the table. We moved it out of the way because it was “sweating” and the ice had begun melting. My husband ordered a beer to go with his Pork Schnitzel (I had the same dish) and I ordered a vodka & cranberry drink. As we waited for our drink to arrive someone (I’m guessing the manger) came buy and asked how things were going, we said okay and he asked what about the service. We told him it was slow. (Seems strange that they would bring up the service!!). My drink was very very weak, the look and taste was just cranberry juice. When I received the bill, I noticed that they charged me for a Kettle One drink when I had only asked for vodka. I think we both will just stick with beer next time. Our food was good and we enjoyed our evening our. We will consider going back but will probably just go for a pizza or burger.[/Q
Old 09-04-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Burke’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Many new eatery’s in TV have failed because here, as opposed to other cities, the word spreads fast immediately after opening, so “taking awhile to get going smoothly” here can be the kiss of death.
You are spot on. Burke’s BQ is a good example of what you speak. Great location and potential but never got off to a good start. We gave up after three terrible experiences. They are closed and the building is for sale.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:41 AM

This could have been an isolated incident because we went there, the service and all the staff actually were amazing! I didn't care for the meatloaf the way they make it, but everything else was awesome!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:49 AM
Default Pathetic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Watched the bartender make a mixed call drink. It was a measured single shot pour. How pathetic.
Over pouring will get the bartender fired. And that bartender most likely has a family to feed ,school clothes to buy for the kids food to put on the table and rent to pay. You not getting more than your paying for is not whats pathetic.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:53 AM

What you reported was all good to let people know but the person you should send this to is the manager!!!! It's not beneficial to improvement to complain to others as this restaurant will never make adjustments if they don't know the real facts. Saying everything was okay to the manager was simply misinforming him. He asked because there have been complaints about service!! You should have guessed that and told him what you wrote to the everyone on this site. A disservice by you both has been done not only to management of this restaurant but to the upcoming patrons!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You are spot on. Burke’s BQ is a good example of what you speak. Great location and potential but never got off to a good start. We gave up after three terrible experiences. They are closed and the building is for sale.
Just another example of someone starting a business they know nothing about. Even the developer here got experts hired to do the parts they are experienced in. Burke knew nothing about serving food. Then he got into a tiff with the city over the water main issue. It's called "over your head".

Skip
Old 09-04-2020, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Just another example of someone starting a business they know nothing about. Even the developer here got experts hired to do the parts they are experienced in. Burke knew nothing about serving food. Then he got into a tiff with the city over the water main issue. It's called "over your head".

Skip
It is incredible that people put their life savings into starting a business that they do not have the knowledge or skills to run.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompeyKing View Post
We went to Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant at the Brownwood hotel for our 40th anniversary dinner. We wanted to sit outside even though the hostess tried to get us to sit at the bar. We felt safe as the tables were spaced properly and all the staff had mask on. While we were waiting to be seated we noticed the tables and chairs being sprayed and wiped down. Overall we had a nice evening and enjoyed the food. There were a few problems which I will identify for you. First, the service was very very slow. When our wariest finally showed up she said she wasn’t told she had a table outside. We gave our drink order and ordered the shrimp cocktail for our appetizer. Some time later the appetizer arrived and the person who brought it asked if we needed anything else. We said that the cocktails we ordered would be nice. Shortly our server arrived with our drinks and said she wasn’t notified that they were ready!! My husband ordered a Kettle One Vodka Martini, dry, straight up. I had one of there speciality cocktails. The martini was very very weak..... a martini should have a bite to it, but this was not a good drink. We had our cocktails and finished our appetizer. Our server came and took our dinner and a second round of drink orders. She took away the empty drink glasses but left the “ice” bowl that the shrimp was serviced in on the table. We moved it out of the way because it was “sweating” and the ice had begun melting. My husband ordered a beer to go with his Pork Schnitzel (I had the same dish) and I ordered a vodka & cranberry drink. As we waited for our drink to arrive someone (I’m guessing the manger) came buy and asked how things were going, we said okay and he asked what about the service. We told him it was slow. (Seems strange that they would bring up the service!!). My drink was very very weak, the look and taste was just cranberry juice. When I received the bill, I noticed that they charged me for a Kettle One drink when I had only asked for vodka. I think we both will just stick with beer next time. Our food was good and we enjoyed our evening our. We will consider going back but will probably just go for a pizza or burger.
We like getting out of the Bubble and frequent Wolfegang Puck Bar & Grill Disney Springs or his express location. Followed up with a hot fudge Sunday at Ghirardelli
Old 09-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Default Much more to the story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
B-BQ was never in The Villages. They were trying to re-create the 4-Rivers BBQ model. Would never sell to TV, just wanted to profit from location. Never in over their head (monetarily speaking). It was Dunning-Kruger effect that ended their run. Sold the land, building and house (not to TV), won’t have to worry about serving food again.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have eaten there at least 15 times and the service has always been extremely good. Stuff happens a few staff members could have called in sick. I only drink wine and find the pours are fine. I tried to make res for dinner next week and inside dining in the evening was booked I was able to get lunch. It is a very good restaurant and will continue to eat there.
I agree with you, we ate there a couple of weeks ago for dinner, and had an outstanding experience.We also stayed at the Brownwood hotel for 2 nights, this is a beautiful hotel,but was very quiet and mostly empty. We were celebrating a BIG anniversary, and would highly recommend both places.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisgavin View Post
you contradicted yourself. You said your husband ordered a brand drink and then at the end said you were charged for it but only ordered house brand. If you are going to complain at least get your facts straight.
You need to read the OP a little closer...

My husband ordered a beer to go with his Pork Schnitzel (I had the same dish) and I ordered a vodka & cranberry drink. As we waited for our drink to arrive someone (I’m guessing the manger) came buy and asked how things were going, we said okay and he asked what about the service. We told him it was slow. (Seems strange that they would bring up the service!!). My drink was very very weak, the look and taste was just cranberry juice. When I received the bill, I noticed that they charged me for a Kettle One drink when I had only asked for vodka.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stduno View Post
B-BQ was never in The Villages. They were trying to re-create the 4-Rivers BBQ model. Would never sell to TV, just wanted to profit from location. Never in over their head (monetarily speaking). It was Dunning-Kruger effect that ended their run. Sold the land, building and house (not to TV), won’t have to worry about serving food again.
What is the Dunning-Kruger effect?
Closed Thread

Tags
drink, ordered, asked, appetizer, cocktails

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.