A Word Puzzle

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

If Toojays is gourmet, then Walmart is a boutique.
If it is a deli, then I guess the next thing to believe is that Sonny's really smokes their meat on site.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
There are some people here in the villages, who because they either lived in urban areas or travelled alot in life, who have had far more “sophisticaed” culinary experience than others. Their opinion is far more valid than those who didnt have their experiences with food.

If you like something, eat it. But those who rave about some of the mediocre restaurants here probably never ate in much more than an Applebees.
Well, that is a condescending, offputting "more valid" opinion if I may say so. I have had "world class" food, some of which was outstanding and some of which I would have preferred a quarter-pounder with cheese. I kind of feel sorry for the food Nazis who come on here as they must have a difficult time around here satisfying their more sophisticated and refined tastes. Many of us apparently enjoy going out with friends, enjoying a few mediocre drinks and some semi-palatable food, given the busy nature of most of the restaurants around here. I couldn't care less what anyone else's opinion is of food, music, movies, or retirement communities. I am imminently capable of making those judgements for myself. I am the world's foremost expert on eweissenbach, and no one else.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

There are a couple of reasons we don’t have fine dining here. The first is very few here would pay for it. Another reason I see is that we have so many different regional taste that people wouldn’t agree. There are a couple of restaurants here that say they have Tex Mex. I’m from Texas and it doesn’t come close. With that being said, I have found one I like and enjoy going there. When I want the real thing I journey back to Texas. Just because it’s not to my expectations doesn’t mean it’s not good.. btw, I am aware TexMex is not gourmet. Just because TooJays isn’t NewYork Deli doesn’t mean there is something wrong with it. This isn’t New York.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:45 AM
fw102807

I know I'm going to regret this but really??? You moved to Central Florida and expected the dining to be the same as New York or Paris or some other metropolis? What brochure did you see that in?
Old 07-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
There are a couple of reasons we don’t have fine dining here. The first is very few here would pay for it. Another reason I see is that we have so many different regional taste that people wouldn’t agree. There are a couple of restaurants here that say they have Tex Mex. I’m from Texas and it doesn’t come close. With that being said, I have found one I like and enjoy going there. When I want the real thing I journey back to Texas. Just because it’s not to my expectations doesn’t mean it’s not good.. btw, I am aware TexMex is not gourmet. Just because TooJays isn’t NewYork Deli doesn’t mean there is something wrong with it. This isn’t New York.
Yes. A deli in New York isn't a deli in Pittsburgh isn't a deli in The Villages. Find something you like on the menu and eat it, or don't go. I've been to delis in NYC and other cities, and Toojay's. There's something good in all of them. I liked the chicken liver paté/egg salad on rye at Carnegie Deli. I like the vegetarian reuben at Toojay's. I can't even remember what I liked in the Pittsburgh deli, but there was something. (It was a long time ago.)

And just because you grew up on a farm doesn't make you an expert in fine dining. It's not only quality ingredients; it's how creatively and expertly they're put together and prepared.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Restaurants, Dog poop, Reserving chairs, Fast golf carts, Too big, Course conditions, The Developer, Snowbirds................sad people regretting their lives.

Did I tell you???.............I only got one pickle on my cheeseburger.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Veteran member

As Andrew Zimmern famously said "If it looks good, Eat It". As far as food goes, five star, gourmet, greasy spoon, whatever, what pleases your palate is great food. No need for any experts to tell us what is and what isn't. Enjoy and enjoy again.

Tags
apply, toojays, gourmet, deli, words

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.