World of Beer Strange Policy

World of Beer Strange Policy

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Intents and purposes

Old 12-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Coming from someone who has an undergraduate college degree and lots of experience in the hospitality industry, very bad policy. I have never been impressed with WOB, and have given them multiple chances because I love the concept.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

We have seen this question/complaint before. Here is the best answer:

The restaurant is actually doing you a favor. Rather than sitting you at a table knowing that they can not serve you in a timely manor, they are giving you the opportunity to go to another place, or wait where you are.

So, my answer is: Yes, I think it is a good policy.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

I’m not one to wait, i’d just to some where else or go home and eat. Good help probably hard to get and keep, not to many restaurants around here I care to go back to.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
You're absolutely right. I was actually coming back to this thread to edit my post when I saw your response. Still, maybe not as bad as when people say "for all intensive purposes".
Or when my husband, as a boy, sang "One Whore Soap and Sleigh."

Last edited by CFrance; 12-09-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:56 PM

Where were you supposed to drink your drinks that you purchased at the bar? Outside? In your car? Take them home? Something here seems amiss.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
We have seen this question/complaint before. Here is the best answer:

The restaurant is actually doing you a favor. Rather than sitting you at a table knowing that they can not serve you in a timely manor, they are giving you the opportunity to go to another place, or wait where you are.

So, my answer is: Yes, I think it is a good policy.
They are doing you and themselves a favor by not seating you when the kitchen is possibly behind because of volume and/or complex orders. That would have nothing to do with inadequate wait staff. Some people would complain and give the server a rough time if their meals took too long to get to the table. I have seen people berate the server and leave. Seems like a good solution. Besides, there is plenty of complaining about people here drinking too much, so maybe not sitting them at a table in the bar area is not all that bad.😂
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 12-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
Where were you supposed to drink your drinks that you purchased at the bar? Outside? In your car? Take them home? Something here seems amiss.
We were going to purchase drinks at the bar and carry them to one of the 3 empty tables in the bar area. There were at least 6 empty tables in the restaurant that were not being used for any purpose. We were not in a hurry to eat dinner. But the guy at the front of the restaurant specifically told us that we could not sit at the empty tables, and that we had to leave the building and wait for him to call us on the phone, so that we could come back to the restaurant and eat the 5 dollar burgers. So, we went to the town square and bought drinks at the drink shack, and then the guy called us and we returned to the restaurant and ordered the 5 dollar burgers. The burgers were very good. My only issue is that I have never been asked to leave a restaurant when I was willing to buy drinks, and the place was not even crowded.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 12-10-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:32 AM

It's amazing of the lack of knowledge and they are allowed to even work in the industry!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
No details missing. He said we could sit at the bar, but there were no seats available. We could not sit at a table in the bar, even though there were 3 empty high tables.
No seats at the bar and you're not allowed to sit at a table that is designated as a dining table? Happens all the time. Saddle up to the bar, order a drink, and find a place to stand until a seat opens at the bar or your reservation is called.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tags
bar, area, sit, world, told