Yalaha Bakery @ Yalaha Florida

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Default Yalaha Bakery @ Yalaha Florida

Video is better then words about this place....Yuck...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCFVWwD2ck[/ame]
Took my friends there and was quite embarassed .
Old 10-17-2011, 01:35 PM

I'm quite surprised as this bakery has previously had an excellent reputation. If it was obviously so bad why did you not refuse to buy it as it would appear this video was shot in your kitchen. Did you give them an opportunity to correct the problem?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

What was there response to your complaint??
Old 10-17-2011, 01:45 PM

First of all I need xray vision to see through the bread. We ordered sandwiches and they were horrible. I lived in Germany for 9 years and have never encountered anything like this in my life. I must admit the pasteries were great but thats it.
so my ratings are:
Music:
food:
Bread:
Pasteries:
Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
First of all I need xray vision to see through the bread. We ordered sandwiches and they were horrible. I lived in Germany for 9 years and have never encountered anything like this in my life. I must admit the pasteries were great but thats it.
so my ratings are:
Music:
food:
Bread:
Pasteries:
Is Germany supposed to be bad?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 PM

I love Germany, lived in Heidelberg, Heilbronn, Ramstein, and Flein. Always remembered getting up early in the morning and going to the bakery to get my fresh rolls for breakfast. I also worked for Lindenmeyer making yeast and scnapps in Germany. I held the title as machine leader running the turbines separating the water from the yeast. The middle section would go to the still where schnapps was made. At lunch I always enjoyed the 15 cent beer machine we had in the lunch room.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I went there once and I thought it was overpriced. I found the bread to not be real fresh.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

love their pretzels! but don't much care for the rye bread. pastries are divine! sandwiches - take 'em or leave 'em. we phone the day before we go and order the pretzels in advance to make sure we don't get shut out - since they are served with hot lunch platters! we find that they can be frozen and then warmed in the micro for just a few seconds...with mustard - yum!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Sage

We've gone there a couple of times. The bread was okay, but the pastries we bought were very good.

Never have seen such a large hole in bread before. Must have been one HUGE yeast bubble! Hope you brought it back....they should know what happened...might mean they need an adjustment to recipe?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Platinum member

We used to buy Yalaha Bakery products when they had an outlet in the bank lobby opposite Spanish Plaines. I remember their pastries as being very good. Visited their Yalaha location once. We thought it expensive.

I have seen loaves of bread similar to the one shown on the video. It is not common but can happen. I would think they would like to know about it. Give them a call and mention you have the video to back up your complaint.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage

Just wondering.......If sandwiches were ordered and were horrible, why did you buy the bread and rolls?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We went there last year and thought everything was fine.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Just wondering.......If sandwiches were ordered and were horrible, why did you buy the bread and rolls?
My wife bought the sandwiches and I purchased the bread and pastries in another section of the shop. I assure you, I left a comment with the store web site and will gladly paste and post any replies they send me. I was just wondering Bogie Shooter if there was something that may have offended you about this blog? I read some of the reviews on here and wondering why I'm being singled out with these type of questions.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage

I love their bread, pastries and cakes. It looks like a big bubble formed in the dough. That doesn't excuse getting a loaf of bread that is, to all extent and purposes, nearly unedible. I'd take it back. I think they are a little pricey, but worth it for a special treat.

Brötchen are crunchy. But those looked beyond hard. (It was funny when you dropped the roll.) Take them back and let us know the outcome.

It only seems fair to the owners of the small business to let them know you weren't happy and see if they'll make it right before spreading the video on YouTube. Just my opinion.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I love their bread, pastries and cakes. It looks like a big bubble formed in the dough. That doesn't excuse getting a loaf of bread that is, to all extent and purposes, nearly unedible. I'd take it back. I think they are a little pricey, but worth it for a special treat.

Brötchen are crunchy. But those looked beyond hard. (It was funny when you dropped the roll.) Take them back and let us know the outcome.

It only seems fair to the owners of the small business to let them know you weren't happy and see if they'll make it right before spreading the video on YouTube. Just my opinion.
Yes I understand the youtube may have been harsh. I made it to Good Morning America last year with one. My six year old grandson choked to death on a toy food piece of rubber bacon a year ago. They finally took it off the shelf. I will surely miss him dearly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.