Yalaha Bakery @ Yalaha Florida

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2011, 06:19 AM

Yalaha caters to it's own niche of people, too bad one terrible visit gets this whole thing started. If you don't care for the place just don't go back, Publix makes some pretty good sandwiches and then go to Yalaha for desert.
Just my 2 penny's worth.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhr95 View Post
Yalaha caters to it's own niche of people, too bad one terrible visit gets this whole thing started. If you don't care for the place just don't go back, Publix makes some pretty good sandwiches and then go to Yalaha for desert.
Just my 2 penny's worth.
I did go there when it was terribly crowded on a Saturday afternoon. I guess the quality of an establishment tends to decline when the workers tend to rush their cooking and ran out of inventory. I noticed when I was leaving the remaining customers there, where very discontent, there wasnt enough to go around. I remember seeing one customer going outside to eat when I was leaving and had what appeared two slices of dark bread with something that may of been inside of it. The customer and family were very unhappy and speaking loudly about the skant portions in his plate. When I opened the bread at home, I myself had a big surprise.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoken View Post
Yes I understand the youtube may have been harsh. I made it to Good Morning America last year with one. My six year old grandson choked to death on a toy food piece of rubber bacon a year ago. They finally took it off the shelf. I will surely miss him dearly.
silvertoken, I had no idea. I am so very, very sorry. I understand why you are an advocate for posting on YouTube. I can't begin to imagine what you and your family must feel. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you pursued the danger of the tiny piece of rubber bacon and helped get it off the shelves. You may have saved the lives of other children. Best wishes and hugs coming your way from me.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Default The reply from complaint

I believe you it happens .....Our Products are not Machine made , they are Handcrafted each and every one of them , so one wrong motion by the Baker will produce a result thats different then normal , our sincere apologies we will be more then happy to replace these
Products for you !! Simply mention this to who ever is serving you , or ask for me the
Owner my Name is Juergen Klumb .

Thank you for contacting

Yalaha Bakery

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes I understand the youtube may have been harsh. I made it to Good Morning America last year with one. My six year old grandson choked to death on a toy food piece of rubber bacon a year ago. They finally took it off the shelf. I will surely miss him dearly.
Oh, Silvertoken, I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and especially your grandson's parents are feeling.

Glad you got that "toy" taken from the shelves.

Again, my deepest condolences.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 AM

Soo folks this is my final post on this subject matter. The rest is your decision. I wanted to be fair and show you the response from the owner and maybe learn something. Your post replies were great and enjoyed the chat.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Soo folks this is my final post on this subject matter. The rest is your decision. I wanted to be fair and show you the response from the owner and maybe learn something. Your post replies were great and enjoyed the chat.
Thank you for your posts! Your measured responses to some that were reacting as if you had a hidden agenda were mature and clear.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
My wife bought the sandwiches and I purchased the bread and pastries in another section of the shop. I assure you, I left a comment with the store web site and will gladly paste and post any replies they send me. I was just wondering Bogie Shooter if there was something that may have offended you about this blog? I read some of the reviews on here and wondering why I'm being singled out with these type of questions.
No, I was not offended.
You started this thread with a video that was very harsh to the establishment. That means you are open to have questions regarding your actions. You were the host of the thread so you get the questions.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 AM

We apologize for the items received.
We have send the information to the Baker regarding both items. Last week we where training a new Swiss Baker who might not have had all the sizes correct at them time.
As far as the hole on the bread I send it to him also for his coments.
As you know all our products are hand made and have no preservatives. Therefore the lenght on the shelf of a Broetchen would be 1 day max.
Please allow us to make up for the misshap and next time you come to the Bakery we will be very happy to credit you for the items , with some other ones.

Cordially
Anne Marie
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Now, should the you tube video be removed? Is that possible?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

I agree with Bogie.....now that the damage has been done to a small business no one will ever see their apologies and explanations.
Unfortunately the video will continue on and cause harm to an establishment that acknowledged their errors.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
I agree with Bogie.....now that the damage has been done to a small business no one will ever see their apologies and explanations.
Unfortunately the video will continue on and cause harm to an establishment that acknowledged their errors.
Yes, the grievance should have been settled privately, and then a video should be a very last resort, if all avenues were exhausted.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Thank you for your response, it was my first visit there and the video was more so directed to the establishment. Youtube is the best way I know how to prove some of what I witnessed that day. Yes I saw some previous post by clicking on names of the people on this on this blog, lol. Bank of America, Kentucky Fried Chicken or golf cart repair, would probably have been alright by some. It would have been more harmful to a business if nobody said anything. There were many disapointed customers that day and I would love to see the bakery succeed. I have removed the video.

Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy

Last edited by silvertoken; 10-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Default Why youtube works for me.

Youtube does not ruin a business it makes it better. I got this item off the shelf. The company is doing very well.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnbikiHQqRM[/ame]
Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Youtube does not ruin a business it makes it better. I got this item off the shelf. The company is doing very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnbikiHQqRM
Thank you for sharing, silvertoken. I am so sorry for the loss of your grandson. My heart goes out to you and yours.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.