Old 01-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts
Default Proud parents?

Video of US teenagers taunting Native American draws fire - BBC News
Old 01-20-2019, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

They had a small segment on the CBS Sunday Morning show, the Native American was also a Vietnam vet. I would say those punks aren't good enough to wipe his boots.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
They had a small segment on the CBS Sunday Morning show, the Native American was also a Vietnam vet. I would say those punks aren't good enough to wipe his boots.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-20-2019, 10:41 AM

I think the congress woman is a little short sited. This started well before the last two years. It is the same old thing, who is raising these children? Total lack of respect for anyone or anything.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 01-20-2019, 10:46 AM

Where were the school chaperones during this event? The school states they will review the footage and will take action. So we will se how this little punk feels about being expelled for being a disrespectful excuse of a human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2019, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm just going to get in trouble about this incident so, I strongly disapprove of this yoooths idiotic behavior. Wondering what and who he had as an adult example in his little life.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Covington Catholic High School is just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. Covington is considered Greater Cincinnati. (Remember--the Cincinnati Airport is in Kentucky. In fact, the airport code CVG means Covington.)

Northern Kentucky is a nice area. It has jobs and good commercial development and a university and a hospital and nice homes. A lot of people who work in the City of Cincinnati live in Northern Kentucky -- even though the bridge traffic can be a pain at rush hour.

My point is -- these boys do not suffer from ignorance -- as defined as 'not knowing.' If anything, they just might suffer from entitlement.

Catholic education in the Cincinnati area has an outstanding history. Of course, these schools are not teaching hatred and bigotry, but these kids are picking it up somewhere.

Those boys, engaged in pack behavior, have their faces all over the internet. That will never go away.

This behavior is not only appalling -- it is heartbreaking on so many, many levels. Where oh where is this country going?

Last edited by Boomer; 01-20-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:07 PM
fw102807

There is no excuse for this. If they were my kids they would be severely punished and made to apologise.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

I stand with Nathan Phillips.

A true American in so many ways.

We are teaching hate today by example
Old 01-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

They had to learn that abhorrent behavior somewhere, and obviously, due to the inaction of the chaperones (assuming there were some near?) and the defense by the punk's mother...it is condoned.

As for the school's public reaction, this smirky punk wasn't the only one in the group wearing political hats, so color me more than a little suspect...of the sincerity of the school's statement.

Not to even mention, that busing the kids to this event (by the school) in the first place...tells me a lot.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 01-20-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I thought it ended with a lot of the students standing with the NA's and even singing with them.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Covington Catholic High School is just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. Covington is considered Greater Cincinnati. (Remember--the Cincinnati Airport is in Kentucky. In fact, the airport code CVG means Covington.)

Northern Kentucky is a nice area. It has jobs and good commercial development and a university and a hospital and nice homes. A lot of people who work in the City of Cincinnati live in Northern Kentucky -- even though the bridge traffic can be a pain at rush hour.

My point is -- these boys do not suffer from ignorance -- as defined as 'not knowing.' If anything, they just might suffer from entitlement.

Catholic education in the Cincinnati area has an outstanding history. Of course, these schools are not teaching hatred and bigotry, but these kids are picking it up somewhere.

Those boys, engaged in pack behavior, have their faces all over the internet. That will never go away.

This behavior is not only appalling -- it is heartbreaking on so many, many levels. Where oh where is this country going?
I'll have to disagree...with the underlined above.

These kids were bused to this demonstration and it was obviously a condoned field trip...by the school.

And then there's the flaming hypocrisy of those who said kids who had friends killed and were shot at during the Stoneman Douglas tragedy...had no business speaking out against gun violence.

Just simply amazing.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 01-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I thought it ended with a lot of the students standing with the NA's and even singing with them.
Can you share your source, please ?
Old 01-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Can you share your source, please ?

Pretty sure I was watching CBS.............I will check the website to see if anything is posted.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

You have to be taught to hate. It is coming from the home and reinforced in the school. I am very familiar with the Catholic high schools in the Cincinnati area, and the teens that go to them. In too many cases they are from families that are avoiding the experience of being in a school with black students, unless of course those black kids are recruited as athletes, and Jews, and LGBT, and those who might believe in a strong well funded public school system. The exception to this is St X high school run by the Jesuits which seems to do a good job in producing thoughtful citizens.

These students from Cov Cath were sent to Washington by their school to march against choice, replete in their MAGA hats and fueled by a kind of ignorance that does not come from lack of an education but rather from being taught to hate. That these miscreants felt screaming "build the wall' at a Native American tells you everything you need to know about what they have learned and where they have learned it.

Tags
parents, proud

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.