Banks that won't take my cash

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2019, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts
Default Banks that won't take my cash

My son in NC needed $300 put in his checking account at Wells Fargo bank. I don't have an account with them so I went down the road to deposit the $300. with cash instead of a 3rd party check.

To my surprise "we don't take cash"??? I had to go get my checkbook from the 3rd party bank which they accepted.

A bank that won't take cash???

I guess our cash ain't nothing but trash!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:37 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

You tried to deposit the cash into your son's account? Banks (most,all?) will not accept cash to be put into another's account. Kind of a money laundering thing
Steve
Old 04-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Angry Thanks to the THUGS !!!!!

Thanks to the THUGS that find it necessary to not be gainfully employed and make fake money in their back bedroom, everyone is getting scared of cash.

I feel cash is beginning a slow death with all the electronic means for transactions.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:47 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Yep, cash isn’t accepted everywhere, try making a hotel reservation without a credit card.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

We use "Zelle" to move money. If your son is with a major bank and so do you, you can use your phone to send money.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,607 Times in 5,195 Posts

I think it is a good policy. I only use cash in restaurants because they won't allow you to swipe your own credit card. I wish banks and/or restaurants would change that policy also.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Didn't we send $2 Billion to Iran..... all in CA$H?
I think that was reported, I wasn't there so it's second-hand news, Bless Their Hearts! (Had to look it up, never knew there were two meanings) I mean the bad meaning in this case.

Bay Kid, I guess this is the price that good people pay for all the criminal activity and scamming that goes on in our world. Just glad you figured a way to help your son quickly. Damn shame! Good job, Good Dad. Nothing is ever easy!
Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
My son in NC needed $300 put in his checking account at Wells Fargo bank. I don't have an account with them so I went down the road to deposit the $300. with cash instead of a 3rd party check.

To my surprise "we don't take cash"??? I had to go get my checkbook from the 3rd party bank which they accepted.

A bank that won't take cash???

I guess our cash ain't nothing but trash!
The easiest way to send Money is Facebook messenger it goes immediately onto their debit card. Or PayPal
Old 04-18-2019, 11:17 AM
Default Re: Cash

In a conversation with a friend who had a retail store, I was told by him perhaps to my surprise few people pay cash anymore.

With all the credit card rebates people will charge most anything.
The retailer pays for this. Actually it they want to, they need to thanks to customer demand, they can no longer by contract refuse a credit card for sales below a certain amount or a discount for cash. Who pays for this? The consumer does. The cost of the credit card use has to be in the price or the business will be gone.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
We use "Zelle" to move money. If your son is with a major bank and so do you, you can use your phone to send money.
My Ally online bank offers that. I've never had to use it and am not familiar with it, but I will google it now. I frequently send $ to family members for birthdays and splitting vacation costs, etc.

I used to deposit real cash into our son's BOA account, using the BOA in TV and his account number. I guess that's no longer possible.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,760 Posts

Legal Tender Status

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-18-2019, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,607 Times in 5,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
In a conversation with a friend who had a retail store, I was told by him perhaps to my surprise few people pay cash anymore.

With all the credit card rebates people will charge most anything.
The retailer pays for this. Actually it they want to, they need to thanks to customer demand, they can no longer by contract refuse a credit card for sales below a certain amount or a discount for cash. Who pays for this? The consumer does. The cost of the credit card use has to be in the price or the business will be gone.
I have heard that, when McDonald's started installing credit card devices, their average transaction amount increased significantly. For most businesses, I think credit cards are helping them, not hurting them.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think it is a good policy. I only use cash in restaurants because they won't allow you to swipe your own credit card. I wish banks and/or restaurants would change that policy also.
Ramshachkles on 441 actually lets you swipe at the table....of all places....who would have thunk it

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Bay Kid, if this is something you do regularly, or might sometimes do again, you might consider setting up a money transfer through your bank. All I needed was the recipient's bank routing number and account info. Once set up, I just log in and use the Transfer Funds option. I can also create automatic transfers if needed. The transfer is instantaneous and my bank doesn't charge for it.

Sites like Venmo and PayPal take a bit more time to set up/confirm for both sender and recipient and there are fees.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Thanks to the THUGS that find it necessary to not be gainfully employed and make fake money in their back bedroom, everyone is getting scared of cash.

I feel cash is beginning a slow death with all the electronic means for transactions.

No, they want it to be electronic so the can track you’re ever trans action for tax purposes
Closed Thread

Tags
cash, bank, 3rd, account, $300

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.