3 more Minneapolis officers charged Derek Chauvin charges elevated

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts
Default 3 more Minneapolis officers charged Derek Chauvin charges elevated

3 more Minneapolis officers charged in George Floyd death, Derek Chauvin charges elevated
Old 06-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Good. It was inevitable.
Steve
Old 06-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Those charges seem appropriate based on what I saw on the videos.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Those charges seem appropriate based on what I saw on the videos.
Yup. I think the only reason they wouldn't elevate it to Murder I is that it wasn't pre-meditated. The cop didn't set out that morning to kill that guy.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yup. I think the only reason they wouldn't elevate it to Murder I is that it wasn't pre-meditated. The cop didn't set out that morning to kill that guy.
Would be nice if this would stop the rioting and looting
Old 06-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
The looting is a side-effect of riots. It is not related directly to George Floyd's murder at all. It's what happens in ANY community when there are riots, no matter what the reason for the rioting. It also happens when people panic. This happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Whoever was near the store - no matter what their color was - they were the ones doing the looting. It also has happened during Black Friday sales - except in that case, the looting precedes the rioting.

The riots are happening not exclusively because of George Floyd. But because of the overall racism that hasn't stopped occurring since the beginning of slavery in the USA, before the Civil War.

This past week was a trigger. Not a cause. The cause has always been here. Until the concept of superiority among one group or another ceases to exist, the cause will continue to always be here. And there will eventually be another trigger.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:01 PM

Sounds like you are tryng to justify riots. NO RIOT IS JUSTIFIABLE especially when property is destroyed or looted and people get hurt or even killed. What has gone wrong with society. There are alot of things that we as individuals don't like but RIOTING is not the way to change it.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
Sounds like you are tryng to justify riots. NO RIOT IS JUSTIFIABLE especially when property is destroyed or looted and people get hurt or even killed. What has gone wrong with society. There are alot of things that we as individuals don't like but RIOTING is not the way to change it.
I wasn't trying to justify them. I was trying to explain them. There is no justification for rioting.

There is, however, an opportunity to learn about our society, our values, our goals as a country, by trying to understand WHY they happen. So maybe we can do something about it and prevent it from happening again. As long as people insist that we just kill them all and let god sort it out, and not try to UNDERSTAND things, we will continue to have riots, and hate, and division, and ignorance, and fear of "other."
Old 06-03-2020, 10:46 PM

No i am not an expert on RIOTS. Anyone with any common sense can understand that riots only hurt mankind. But then again there are too many people these days that don't have common sense and think they are privileged. That they can make their own laws.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:49 PM

I am not sure that people who riot want to solve any problems. i think they want chaos.
On the other hand, people who protest peacefully and stay within the law do want to discuss that change that is needed.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Ha!! No this wont stop it. Half of the looters have no clue what the guys name was who died. Just another excuse for them to steal, and think they are above the law. Mob mentality
Old 06-04-2020, 06:27 AM

Agree completely. The race hustlers and professional agitators will not waste this crisis. Pretty soon Mr. Floyd will be forgotten. That is wrong on so many levels. These officers will get justice and I hope it is swift and painful. They sullied the name of good and decent
Police officers. Dr. King would have been ashamed.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:30 AM

now throw them into general population and see what develops.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
These are groups of people protesting/rioting/stealing/destroying evidently don't work.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:47 AM

From my perspective, this whole thing is not about the murder of one man, although that murder is a travesty and must be addressed directly. So happy to see the new charges. I was in the middle of the riots in Detroit in 1968. That was right after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, if you remember. Kids in my high school were rioting, right in front of our eyes. It was frightening and wrong then, as it is now. HOWEVER, it was and is today, a way (however wrong) of getting people’s attention about a systemic issue in our country: racism. It went underground for a very long time and over the past 5 years or so, it has been rearing its ugly head again. Racists and haters have somehow received a message that it’s ok to openly show hate toward people that don’t look like them, think like them, don’t believe in the same God as them, and more important, people that they put in a position lower than they are. It sickens me and I will never accept people behaving in that way. So I am all for the protests and will support protesters against inhuman, racists treatment of other people forever. Rioting, burning, looting, killing, are not ok, ever. But we need to pay attention, once and for all. You can never have peace within a society where one group of people see themselves as superior to another because of the color of their skin, their religion, their gender, their country of origin, their sexual orientation, their anything. PERIOD!
Closed Thread

Tags
minneapolis, officers, charged, derek, chauvin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.