Family housing in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2020, 09:59 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Family housing in the Villages

While there are some areas of family housing now in the Villages, I wonder what impact the much, much larger area planned for Southern Oaks will have on our senior lifestyle. I can see both the positive and negatives with hopefully more positives for the Villages as a whole.

A concern of mine would be if the younger people residing in these new areas would have access to all Village amenities. If they do, my pickleball game will need to be stepped up to compete.

Maybe more young people in the Villages will keep us younger. It may make a change to our Village senior lifestyle as we have become accustomed to. As it will take 5 or more years for these changes to take place, it's something to think about in planning for the future.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

My hairdresser said the "family housing" owners would not have golf cart access to TV.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
While there are some areas of family housing now in the Villages, I wonder what impact the much, much larger area planned for Southern Oaks will have on our senior lifestyle. I can see both the positive and negatives with hopefully more positives for the Villages as a whole.

A concern of mine would be if the younger people residing in these new areas would have access to all Village amenities. If they do, my pickleball game will need to be stepped up to compete.

Maybe more young people in the Villages will keep us younger. It may make a change to our Village senior lifestyle as we have become accustomed to. As it will take 5 or more years for these changes to take place, it's something to think about in planning for the future.
In the current family neighborhoods of The Villages, the residents do not pay an amenity fee and do not have access to our amenities.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Doesn't Mr. Morse state "...not in The Villages but next to The Villages..." in the video? That would clearly indicate that they are outside of the community and will not have access.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I would quote from the “Continuing The Dream” by the Developers.

“It is our wish , by creating this community that Villagers, employees and business partners are able to lead a purposeful, enriching and fulfilling file”

On the Urban Core area next to the Hospital, Research , Education and Health area

“There will also be places for housing the doctors, nurses, medical students and other health care providers living in the area.”

“We believe that the “best is yet to come” and that this opportunity will be life changing for the residents of The Villages and the surrounding community

On the family village and new charter schools

“We also want to create a sense of community surrounding the school. We envisioned neighborhoods much like The Villages offering the amenities that families would enjoy.”

Geoff Mcneill, Design Consultant -> “I think that at the heart of the family village is the core feeling that folks are moving to something important, it’s the right place to be, it’s the right place to raise a family … and that they really care about us”

I hear nothing about building walls around anything. It sounds to me like access by everyone to what is to be built. And, that is maybe how it should be done.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 08-06-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
My hairdresser said the "family housing" owners would not have golf cart access to TV.
Confirmation. My bartender agrees!
He also asked what difference does it make today......5+ years out.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
In the current family neighborhoods of The Villages, the residents do not pay an amenity fee and do not have access to our amenities.
That is true. Please remember that. The family housing is for people who work here but they do not use any of the amenities.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-06-2020 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is true. Please remember that. The family housing is for people who work here but they do not use any of any amenities.
What is the name of the VIllage that has the current family housing?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:

“It is our wish , by creating this community that Villagers, employees and business partners are able to lead a purposeful, enriching and fulfilling file”

On the Urban Core area next to the Hospital, Research , Education and Health area

“There will also be places for housing the doctors, nurses, medical students and other health care providers living in the area.”

“We believe that the “best is yet to come” and that this opportunity will be life changing for the residents of The Villages and the surrounding community

“We also want to create a sense of community surrounding the school. We envisioned neighborhoods much like The Villages offering the amenities that families would enjoy.”

Geoff Mcneill, Design Consultant -> “I think that at the heart of the family village is the core feeling that folks are moving to something important, it’s the right place to be, it’s the right place to raise a family … and that they really care about us”

I hear nothing about building walls around anything. It sounds to me like access by everyone to what is to be built. And, that is maybe how it should be done.
I think the bold caption is key.. "Much like The Villages".. Not necessarily in The Villages..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
What is the name of the VIllage that has the current family housing?
Oxford Oaks..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-06-2020, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

I would expect that the service providers; doctors, nurses etc will have their own wonderful amenities. I hope it will be great so that we can attract the best professionals possible.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:

It's interesting how we can read the same thing and see different meanings. We don't have walls around anything now do we? I didn't see anything in what you wrote that would give me an indication that they would have access to our amenities. I would suspect they may have their own. Anyway, by the time all this is built and occupied you will be done with pickleball LOL

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-07-2020, 05:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:

It would be nice for people who are younger but work in The Villages to be able to purchase homes in the safety of The Villages and also have access to nearby new charter schools. Having one neighborhood where kids living there permanently are welcomed is nice in that the kids will have playmates down the street, and after school and summer activities will be closer. Kids may also be able to find local part time jobs. It must be discouraging for some people to work here but have to live in surrounding communities or even off in Ocala. I wouldn’t like commuting an hour each way to here from a house in Ocala, working all day, and wondering if my kids are safe there or getting into trouble. I would sacrifice a lot to have safe neighborhoods and great schools for my kids.

I find it hard to believe that there would be no amenities fee, and there would probably be the same bond. I suspect the houses will be around the same price per square foot as what is being built now. That means the housing may be 50% to 100% more expensive than equivalent housing outside The Villages a mile away. Quite possibly most of the employees of The Villages would not be able to afford such housing. It would mean sacrificing house size and lot size in exchange for the benefits of being here. I assume there would be a local golf course and pool, ball fields and soccer field and exercise center for local kids. I suspect that even if the new owners have access to all the amenities—and I hope they will—that won’t affect many current residents. There are so many golf courses to choose from. So what if one foursome per day from there is added to each course? So what if a handful of teens decide to try every course once or each pool? So what if a few people want to come play cards or do crafts? It’s not like there will no longer be room for us.

It seems like a good move, and I think a lot of employees will appreciate it.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

The family areas do not include access to the Villages amenities. If they did not have these areas who would wait on you at the restaurants or treat you at the doctors office.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:11 AM
Default Age 55 or better?

You may want to consider something other than pickleball.
Our neighborhood is getting treated to a loud motorcycle whose driver likes to throttle up a lot! Guess he thinks we all love his louder than normal stick mufflers.
Then there are the loud subwoofers ratting houses as we all get to marvel at the car with the rap music driving by is another thing to conclude. And yes it’s our neighborhood as well. This guy is no where near age 55.
QUOTE=twoplanekid;1813467]While there are some areas of family housing now in the Villages, I wonder what impact the much, much larger area planned for Southern Oaks will have on our senior lifestyle. I can see both the positive and negatives with hopefully more positives for the Villages as a whole.

Maybe more young people in the Villages will keep us younger. It may make a change to our Village senior lifestyle as we have become accustomed to. As it will take 5 or more years for these changes to take place, it's something to think about in planning for the future.[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, senior, lifestyle, family, housing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.