Adult only pool in Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2021, 04:47 PM
Default Adult only pool in Marsh Bend

Moved to Marsh Bend nine months ago. I didn't think about it much when I moved in but have started to question why Marsh Bend does not have an "adult only" pool. I realize Everglades sport pool is an adult pool, however open times are restricted to a few slots each day. I contacted the recreation department to question why our "postal station" pool is not an "adult only" pool and could that status be changed. I was surprised that the head of the rec department called me but as in my past experience with him, he was curt, autocratic and talked down to me, (needs a seminar in diplomacy) replying that the pool status could not be legally changed. The term "legally" was used several times during the conversation so I expect that may be why he called me. He told me there are other adult only pools in my area, however I found they are about four miles away by golf cart. No explanation was offered as to why it was set up as a family pool. I wonder if Harold Schwartz would have approved of the "if you don't like it ... too bad" tone and posture of the recreation department. So..........anyone else out there know why Marsh Bend postal station pool is not adult only?
Old 04-16-2021, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schletterer View Post
anyone else out there know why Marsh Bend postal station pool is not adult only?
Probably because the "Marsh Bend postal station" does not exist.

It is like asking how many cherubim can dance on the head of a pin.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

There are probably just as many Marsh Bend residents that like having the family pool as there are that do not like having it so it will most likely never be changed. There must be a demand for neighborhoods with family pools as they have built several of them south of 44 in neighborhoods not having adult pools. In Fenney there are all 3 pools, family, adult, and sport, all of which are well used.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Considering how few kids we ever see at family pools what is the big deal?

And the ones we have seen including our grandkids have been well behaved.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Moved to Marsh Bend nine months ago. I didn't think about it much when I moved in but have started to question why Marsh Bend does not have an "adult only" pool. I realize Everglades sport pool is an adult pool, however open times are restricted to a few slots each day. I contacted the recreation department to question why our "postal station" pool is not an "adult only" pool and could that status be changed. I was surprised that the head of the rec department called me but as in my past experience with him, he was curt, autocratic and talked down to me, (needs a seminar in diplomacy) replying that the pool status could not be legally changed. The term "legally" was used several times during the conversation so I expect that may be why he called me. He told me there are other adult only pools in my area, however I found they are about four miles away by golf cart. No explanation was offered as to why it was set up as a family pool. I wonder if Harold Schwartz would have approved of the "if you don't like it ... too bad" tone and posture of the recreation department. So..........anyone else out there know why Marsh Bend postal station pool is not adult only?
Before we bought we had investigated and knew ahead of time.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Things aren't changed here because of complaints. Thank Goodness. I think the person who spoke to you was telling you something you didn't want to hear. It is what it is. Some things are close and some things are a little way off. In any neighborhood.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Was it an adult only pool when you bought your house? Did you know the only adult pool was 4 miles away?

No....you knew everything you’re com-aligning about when you bought
Old 04-17-2021, 04:33 AM
Veteran member

Family pools are too shallow for adults. Strange to cater to kids in a 55 community. Separate kiddie pools next to adult pools would be better.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Both Marsh Bend and DeLuna seem to deviate from 'the standard' that has been in the villages. Marsh Bend postal station is actually at the Softball fields and no pool at that location. The Cattail postal station serves both Marsh Bend and DeLuna and has the pool. DeLuna has no postal station and no pool of any type, But it does have Water Lily Rec Center within its perimeter.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseppe View Post
Both Marsh Bend and DeLuna seem to deviate from 'the standard' that has been in the villages. Marsh Bend postal station is actually at the Softball fields and no pool at that location. The Cattail postal station serves both Marsh Bend and DeLuna and has the pool. DeLuna has no postal station and no pool of any type, But it does have Water Lily Rec Center within its perimeter.
Deluna has Waterlilly Rec and they have a pool....
Old 04-17-2021, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseppe View Post
They did experiment with some different things in that village.

I thought Waterlilly was being relabeled ad an Adult pool?

Adult pool and additional mail station is planned in the adjacent construction underway.

Last edited by Altavia; 04-17-2021 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:36 AM

Willow Tree Pool (McClure) is adult only and way less than four miles via golf cart.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:46 AM

I try to avoid going to family pools not because the kids are not well behaved but I just get out and leave when mom brings a young one in diapers in the pool. If the child isn’t potty trained and able to wear underpants or a swim suit I just don’t want to be there.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:54 AM
Default Pools

Many new villagers have issues after their purchase. Due diligence is a must when purchasing any home here or elsewhere. Did you make an impulse purchase without surveying the surrounding area? Also why would anyone assume that an amenity should change its designation because a resident isn't pleased with its current status. There are adult only pools less than 4 miles from Marsh Bend. I know there is one in Monarch Grove and another in McClure. We haven't found any villages representatives to be overly curt or rude. Probably some should have been as I am not the most gracious individual at times.

Offering a suggestion to all, a little homework prior to a home purchase can save a lot of disappointment after the purchase. Check google maps, plats from the county, look at the deed restrictions, look at 100 year flood maps, locate major roadways, power lines, etc...
Old 04-17-2021, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaq View Post
I try to avoid going to family pools not because the kids are not well behaved but I just get out and leave when mom brings a young one in diapers in the pool. If the child isn’t potty trained and able to wear underpants or a swim suit I just don’t want to be there.
Have you noticed the older ladies that get in and walk back and forth for hours at a time never getting out?
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, adult, bend, marsh, department

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.