Important to update communications describing breakthrough cases as
“rare” or as a “small percentage” of cases

Increasing percentage of vaccinated persons
among those hospitalized in COVID-NET

▪ Delta is different from previous strains
– Highly contagious
– Likely more severe
– Breakthrough infections may be as transmissible as unvaccinated cases
▪ Vaccines prevent >90% of severe disease, but may be less effective at preventing
infection or transmission
– Therefore, more breakthrough and more community spread despite
vaccination
▪ NPIs are essential to prevent continued spread with current vaccine coverage
Old 07-30-2021, 08:20 AM
Platinum member

cue all the CDC and Fauci hating replies. no matter what the facts, many choose not to believe them. people fail to understand that a virus changes....so what was said a month ago may not be the same as today. the only way to get rid of it is to stop providing hosts.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
cue all the CDC and Fauci hating replies. no matter what the facts, many choose not to believe them. people fail to understand that a virus changes....so what was said a month ago may not be the same as today. the only way to get rid of it is to stop providing hosts.
Which means.................
Old 07-30-2021, 08:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Yet another virus thread, where the same people can say the sames things over and over again.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:38 AM
Default CDC Breakthrough Data

Out of approximately 161 million vaccinated individuals in the US only 5900+ breakthrough cases. That’s .0037%. Only 19% of those died. That’s roughly 1200 people out of 161,000,000 vaccinated.
This pandemic surge is the unvaccinated’s problem. Let it burn through the unvaccinated population. If you’re vaccinated you have nothing to worry about. You have a higher chance of being struck by lightning than having a breakthrough case.
No mask needed.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
if I have to explain it, it's probably futile. It means get vaccinated and/or wear a mask. once the virus can not find more people to infect, it will subside. like chicken pox, measles, etc.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDave View Post
Out of approximately 161 million vaccinated individuals in the US only 5900+ breakthrough cases. That’s .0037%. Only 19% of those died. That’s roughly 1200 people out of 161,000,000 vaccinated.
This is outdated info that the CDC acknowledged was inaccurate even before they stopped counting breakthrough cases & instead tallying hospitalizations and deaths among the vaccinated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDave View Post
You have a higher chance of being struck by lightning than having a breakthrough case.
No mask needed.
These are just flat out false. You really should read through the CDC's info in the link provided by the OP.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The scientific method, taught to me years ago, went like this;

Define the problem.

Gather facts on the problem.

Come to a trial conclusion.

Check the trial conclusion.

I am NOT a scientist, nor am I greatly educated, but I loved all the sciences taught to me in the Columbus Public Schools in the fifties; Botany, Zoology, Biology, Advanced Biology, (Didn't LOVE Chemistry) but passed it. I think it was a very good basis for other learnings in life. I also still really see the obvious truth in Darwin's Theory of Evolution and selective breeding. I wish that I understood Genetics better, because I truly think that the future of medicine rests on it.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The scientific method, taught to me years ago, went like this;

Define the problem.

Gather facts on the problem.

Come to a trial conclusion.

Check the trial conclusion.

I am NOT a scientist, nor am I greatly educated, but I loved all the sciences taught to me in the Columbus Public Schools in the fifties; Botany, Zoology, Biology, Advanced Biology, (Didn't LOVE Chemistry) but passed it. I think it was a very good basis for other learnings in life. I also still really see the obvious truth in Darwin's Theory of Evolution and selective breeding. I wish that I understood Genetics better, because I truly think that the future of medicine rests on it.
Interesting, you left off the part about scientists around the world working their entire lives in a field to become proficient in that field so they could lie to the American people.

( Sarcasm )
Old 07-30-2021, 09:41 AM

The assertion that this is some sort of political stunt is laughable. Our government is not the only one on earth sounding the alarm

Here is a well written article about Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world, and it includes links to actual studies they are doing. Israel is reimposing indoor mask guidelines.

israel-jpg

COVID-19 Case Data in Israel: A Troubling Trend?
Old 07-30-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
The assertion that this is some sort of political stunt is laughable. Our government is not the only one on earth sounding the alarm

Here is a well written article about Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world, and it includes links to actual studies they are doing. Israel is reimposing indoor mask guidelines.

Attachment 90255

COVID-19 Case Data in Israel: A Troubling Trend?
Since you thought your post was so profound that you needed to repeat it on multiple threads, I'll be happy to repeat the response:

Not a political "stunt" by any means. I suggested that the data can be presented in such a way as to bias the public toward a desired political agenda, or not. Let's see. Please read carefully, I admit that I sometimes write in such a way that not all can understand.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
if I have to explain it, it's probably futile. It means get vaccinated and/or wear a mask. once the virus can not find more people to infect, it will subside. like chicken pox, measles, etc.
Futile.....based a wrong conclusion.
I do not make assumptions.....also no reading between the lines....and no comprehension of oblique messages......hence say what is meant to be sure there are no errors in understanding!!!
Old 07-30-2021, 10:33 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

This is to be taken seriously as I know a fully vaccinated lady 67 who passed 2 days ago from covid However, I don’t understand how our citizens must wear mask and be vaccinated, while many, many people from countries around the world are coming into our country at the Mexican border that are not vaccinated or have no mask. Seems like nobody cares about this at all. They are not taking this seriously. Seems crazy to say come on in just the way you are but try to make an unvaccinated person that is a citizen of the U.S. be under a different standard. The problem will never be solved if millions of unvaccinated come into our country. Totally crazy!
Old 07-30-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
We used to call this natural immunity....
Old 07-30-2021, 11:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Futile.....based a wrong conclusion.
I do not make assumptions.....also no reading between the lines....and no comprehension of oblique messages......hence say what is meant to be sure there are no errors in understanding!!!
so here is my original that you find so oblique. cue all the CDC and Fauci hating replies. no matter what the facts, many choose not to believe them. people fail to understand that a virus changes....so what was said a month ago may not be the same as today. the only way to get rid of it is to stop providing hosts.

I point out there will be many replies expressing hatred of Fauci and CDC. which happened. many replies indicate that there are some people who won't believe the facts. check. viruses mutate all the time and the only way to ultimately stop it is to starve it of hosts.

I still fail to see what is confusing or oblique about that. but ok, I'll let you get the last word. fire away.
Closed Thread

Tags
breakthrough, cases, prevent, spread, severe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.