When does “snowbird” season end?

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2023, 12:11 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,570 Times in 424 Posts
Default When does “snowbird” season end?

I’ve only been here a few months - was just wondering at what point do most snowbirds return North?
Old 03-28-2023, 12:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,310 Times in 381 Posts

My observations are the first flock of restaurant clogging snow birds leave the emd of March. Probably renters who rent by the month and arent renting for april.

The second big flock of these entitled birds leaves after Easter.

Good bye and good riddance.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
My observations are the first flock of restaurant clogging snow birds leave the emd of March. Probably renters who rent by the month and arent renting for april.

You are looking at the Snowbird population backwards. They aren't in TV clogging up everything for 1/2 a year- they are AWAY for 1/2 a year making things less crowed. If they were year round residents it would be crowed all the time. During the months they are away- and NOT using the amenities they are still Paying EVERY month. If they didn't pay while they were gone your amenity fees would possibly double. So, they pay year round, every month, and stay away freeing up space for half a year. Thank you Snowbirds.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So our first two houses were investment properties. For high season one was rented to the same couple October 1 to Thanksgiving week, then December 26 to April 30.

The other home was November leaving April 30. Many renters leave March 31, but given the parking lot 1-75 becomes, have noticed the new trend is to leave end of April. Renters stay less time, usually then Owner Snowbirds.

As Owner Birds, for us we came September 25, and left May 30.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:

Another clueless comment about snowbirds. You should be very happy that they return to their Primary or vacation home in March or April.

I vote for every snowbird and renter to stay 12 months out of the year and then see how happy you are. Then your life can be snowbird miserable 12 months out of the year.

Just remember they pay their amenity fees higher taxes, every bill just like you, but they choose to own more than one home and can leave at any time, and also can return it anytime. We love our lake house, up north that you can swim, boat, ski, without a gator
Old 03-28-2023, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

To me, this year it seems like we have had the worst traffic in the past 7 years. I hope it settles down in April.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:

I stay until mid June just to pi$$ the frogs off.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,310 Times in 381 Posts

Oh please with the nonsense argument about snow birds paying their amenity fees..big deal. They own a house, they pay. How about the renter snowbirds? They pay just rent to enrich home owners that arent true Villagers.

Snowbirds are merely vacationers, renter snowbirds are tourists.

Harold Schwartz never intended the Villages to be like this. Snowbirds should be shunned by all true full-time residents.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:

Your house would be worth half as much and your amenity fee would be double if it weren’t for the snowbirds.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Harold Schwartz never intended the Villages to be like this. Snowbirds should be shunned by all true full-time residents.
When did Mr Schwartz tell you that?
Old 03-28-2023, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
You are looking at the Snowbird population backwards. They aren't in TV clogging up everything for 1/2 a year- they are AWAY for 1/2 a year making things less crowed. If they were year round residents it would be crowed all the time. During the months they are away- and NOT using the amenities they are still Paying EVERY month. If they didn't pay while they were gone your amenity fees would possibly double. So, they pay year round, every month, and stay away freeing up space for half a year. Thank you Snowbirds.
`

Great way to look at this situation. Lived in Florida entire life and so many people knock down "snowbirds". Like them or not "snowbirds" help keep Florida from having a state income tax.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
`

Great way to look at this situation. Lived in Florida entire life and so many people knock down "snowbirds". Like them or not "snowbirds" help keep Florida from having a state income tax.
Maybe that's why SNOWBIRDS come to Florida, to Escape from Taxes.
Or they come here for the big hype, Sex!
Old 03-28-2023, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Oh please with the nonsense argument about snow birds paying their amenity fees..big deal. They own a house, they pay. How about the renter snowbirds? They pay just rent to enrich home owners that arent true Villagers.

You are quite mistaken, Mr Schwartz, himself, invited both my uncle who lived and died in TV as full time resident, and my parents who came to see my uncle mostly, and eventually bought a seasonal home.
Old 03-28-2023, 04:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,029 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:

I've read obnoxious, ridiculous post on this site before, but this gets my nomination for Most Obnoxious Post of 2023.

BTW, if you're a "True Villager", do you get a special tattoo or something? Is there a secret handshake?
Old 03-28-2023, 04:47 PM
Default Snowbirds

Just because the "year rounders" have only one house and stay here all year round, that
it some how makes them superior to others that maintain 2 homes to enjoy the best
of both worlds is totally ludicrous.
Just shows that they are extremely jealous of those that don't have to force themselves
to endure the summer "sweats", by going north and enjoying beautiful weather.
Too bad, so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
return, snowbirds, point, wondering, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.