Gutter cleaner/repair

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2023, 09:10 AM
Default Gutter cleaner/repair

These couple storms that we’ve had recently have brought to our attention that we either need our gutters cleaned &/or repaired.
Has anyone found an honest & reliable gutter company?
Old 06-05-2023, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamilak View Post
These couple storms that we’ve had recently have brought to our attention that we either need our gutters cleaned &/or repaired.
If you cannot find a gutter company, you may wish to ask this guy if he could help you. He cleans my gutters, but I have not needed a repair, but he probably could do that. He can be reached at Kennys Cleaning & Lawn Services LLC 352-504-6681. You call and leave your information and he gets back to all his calls at night. He is excellent, but very busy.
Old 06-05-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
If you cannot find a gutter company, you may wish to ask this guy if he could help you. He cleans my gutters, but I have not needed a repair, but he probably could do that. He can be reached at Kennys Cleaning & Lawn Services LLC 352-504-6681. You call and leave your information and he gets back to all his calls at night. He is excellent, but very busy.
Thank you!!
Old 06-05-2023, 10:46 AM
Sage

D&K Gutter Cleaning. 352-598-5696. Michael or Melanie. They are located in Ocala but are regularly in The Villages.
Old 06-05-2023, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

i had an accessory for my leaf blower that allowed me to clean the gutters from the ground, did a very good job. Some words of caution if you decide to go this route: Wear eye protection (WEAR EYE PROTECTION), full goggles, Wear a large hat with a brim (all the way around), wait until you believe the gutters and associated leaves are fairly dry and wear clothing that will protect you from all of the wet leaves that will come out. Allow time for the clean-up of the leaves.
Even though this sounds like a lot of work, it was much easier than using a 8 foot step ladder to get up to the gutters, around the landscaping, etc.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Look for a "non-gutter company" person. like a handyperson. . The "gutter company people" don't want to deal with fixes and/or adjustments once they have installed and a month or so have passed. I called the "popular" company who did ours to get one adjusted (it was slightly sagging) and one small (6') gutter added and was told "around 3 months". Then I called another who I didn't do business with and they never returned 2 calls. I finally got a hold of them and they said "only for our previous customers." Finally did the 6' myself and the long (I guess 20'+) is still a bit off.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
D&K Gutter Cleaning. 352-598-5696. Michael or Melanie. They are located in Ocala but are regularly in The Villages.
This guy is very honest. Three years ago I was scheduled with him to clean our gutters. He inspected the gutters from the roof and told me the gutters were not in need of cleaning. He did not charge me. He told me the gutters wouldn't need a cleaning for at least a year. The following year, he and his son cleaned the gutters. His fee was very reasonable.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:36 AM
Default Gutter cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
i had an accessory for my leaf blower that allowed me to clean the gutters from the ground, did a very good job. Some words of caution if you decide to go this route: Wear eye protection (WEAR EYE PROTECTION), full goggles, Wear a large hat with a brim (all the way around), wait until you believe the gutters and associated leaves are fairly dry and wear clothing that will protect you from all of the wet leaves that will come out. Allow time for the clean-up of the leaves.
Even though this sounds like a lot of work, it was much easier than using a 8 foot step ladder to get up to the gutters, around the landscaping, etc.
w
What is the name of this accessory and where can you buy it?
Old 06-06-2023, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Gotta get Leaf Fitter.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yet another reason you don't put gutters on houses down here. My builder told me there was no reason for them during my walktrough when I bought 10 years ago. He also said the heavy rain bouncing off the gutters splashed back up and gets under your shingles and can cause the wood underneath to get moldy or even rot. The 3 places where the water streams off the roof, I have a flat rock it hits and no problem. 10 years and no problems. Drainage is no issue here with the sand, so gutters are a waste of money. This is not Ohio and you don't have a basement.

BTW- not meant for the OP, but for anyone reading this thinking about putting gutters on. More trouble than they are worth, except in specific locations like over the driveway to prevent staining, or over a pergola or birdcage to do the same.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 06-06-2023, 09:03 AM

Blake Herrington 352-672-1466
Old 06-06-2023, 09:05 AM
Default Gutters

Try Blake Herrington @ 352-672-1466
Recommended by my lawn guy
Old 06-06-2023, 09:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

The leaf guards over the gutter were the most useless purchase made in my lifetime. Gutters still filled with slime
Old 06-06-2023, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Frank Falabella, individual but very through and more than reasonable. Cleaned our gutters and roof areas under oak trees then installed “gutter guards”. 352-212-0876. I have recommended Frank to others and never received a negative feedback. My pricing from him might be different than yours for several reasons but he cleaned our gutters for $40 and installed “gutter guards” completely around our house for $110.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiefl1 View Post
w
What is the name of this accessory and where can you buy it?
As I recall, it was actually called a gutter cleaning attachment, I was able to make one out of the 4 inch downspout and 2 angle pieces and a few rivets. Send me a PM to discuss further if interested.

Tags
gutter, reliable, honest, found, repaired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.