TV Yamaha Dealer

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!
Default TV Yamaha Dealer

Ok, don't slap me if it was already discussed, but is the Yamaha Dealer at LSL good? We will be buying our first cart when we purchase this summer. Like the idea of the Dealer being on site for any service, etc. So tell me what the scoop is? We don't mind paying a "little" extra on the initial purchase for conven. in service after, but don't want to pay "way" much more!

Thanks, Army Guy
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Wink Carts & Clubs Yamaha Dealer

Hello Army Guy,

Before you purchase your Yamaha from TV dealer, check out Carts & Clubs in Ocala. I just purchased a 2009 Yamaha cart. Through TOTV member's positive feedback I found owners Ted & Connie more customer service oriented, as well as getting a cart built the way I want it. You will not be loosing the convenience of service after purchase. They are in The Villages Tuesdays and Thursdays, scheduled. No pickup and delivery charges for 4 year warranty related problems. I have yet to see any negative postings associated with this business. Give them a call before going out, 352-351-2278.

Last edited by disney07; 03-08-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Ok, don't slap me if it was already discussed, but is the Yamaha Dealer at LSL good? We will be buying our first cart when we purchase this summer. Like the idea of the Dealer being on site for any service, etc. So tell me what the scoop is? We don't mind paying a "little" extra on the initial purchase for conven. in service after, but don't want to pay "way" much more!

Thanks, Army Guy
I think it will behoove you to shop around a little. It is my opinion that you may pay "way" more at LSL. Once it rolls out the door, the fact that the store is in LSL makes no difference. We purchased a ParCar in Fruitland Park and the service was excellent. The repair tech came to the house every six months during the warrant period. Of course, it's up to you, but you may want to check around before you commit. You could save a thousand or more. I'm sure others will have a more specific appraisal.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 AM

We bought our new 2009 Yamaha from the dealer in Quincy Illinois. We had one to trade in so it just made sense to do the deal here in Illinois.

But he does sell alot of carts in The Villages here is the cost breakdown on my new 2009 so you can do some comparison shopping. Also shipping is Free and there is no sales tax.

2009 Gas Cart $4899 Light Kit $550 High Speed Gear $450
Split Windshield $130. I used Jim F. in the Villages for new wheels and tires for it $300.

On the service question we needed a couple of things done and he sends the repair guy right to your house in TV.

TNT Golf Car 217 228 2226
Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Default Carts

I hope no one gets mad at me for saying this but, It seems that almost everything I go out to buy is made outside of the USA. So when I can, I do my best to buy American made products. When it comes to golf carts it is easy to do. I bought a Club Car from Golf Cart connections on 441. Both the cart and the service has been excellent. Unfortunatly, Golf Cart connection is now featuring Star Carts ( Made in China ) but, there are other dealers about that handle Club car, Easy-Go, Par car etc. I'm not sure if they are all made in the USA but, If I was looking for a cart in this economy I would do all that I could to buy American. By the way Army Guy, if and when you need service most of them offer pick-up and delivery.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Gold member

Thanks ALL!!!! Wow, you all gave me lots to consider and that is great. I guess it is just human nature to try what seems the easiest first!
Ok, I will definitely compare before we buy. Have also printed off all the other Dealers you have mentioned. Yes, I agree saving more then $500 is a savings that I can agree with.
You all are great, I know me and wife will really enjoy living in TV!

Army Guy
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
I hope no one gets mad at me for saying this but, It seems that almost everything I go out to buy is made outside of the USA. So when I can, I do my best to buy American made products. When it comes to golf carts it is easy to do. I bought a Club Car from Golf Cart connections on 441. Both the cart and the service has been excellent. Unfortunatly, Golf Cart connection is now featuring Star Carts ( Made in China ) but, there are other dealers about that handle Club car, Easy-Go, Par car etc. I'm not sure if they are all made in the USA but, If I was looking for a cart in this economy I would do all that I could to buy American. By the way Army Guy, if and when you need service most of them offer pick-up and delivery.

EZ Go golf carts are made in the Carolinas. They are made by Textron, traded on the NYSE. Tis a reason why we didn't buy a Yamaha or Par Car.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I bought a used cart at the LSL Villages store from Ed. Service has been excellent, and am very happy with the cart. He has been very responsive to questions, service, and after market items. I did shop around and found that they were competitive. So shop, compare, and buy what you like.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Default Buy American

Hi Mitch,

WAY TO GO, buy American!!!!! I would hate to be riding around in my Yamaha or my Star Cart, then read about people being laid off at Club Car or EZGo.

Just my two cents worth,

beartrack
Old 03-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Founder

Par Car is assembled at a factory in Leesburg. Local people working there.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I'd shop elsewhere for sure, I think you'd save a lot
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Gold member

We are planning now after all this advise to look and price!

Thanks, Army Guy
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrack View Post
Hi Mitch,

WAY TO GO, buy American!!!!! I would hate to be riding around in my Yamaha or my Star Cart, then read about people being laid off at Club Car or EZGo.

Just my two cents worth,

beartrack
Yamaha golf carts are made in Newnan, Georgia, USA.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Gold member

So many foreign things are now made in USA it is hard to keep track!

Army Guy
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchbr47 View Post
EZ Go golf carts are made in the Carolinas. They are made by Textron, traded on the NYSE. Tis a reason why we didn't buy a Yamaha or Par Car.
I think Augusta, Ga.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.