Posting YouTube Videos on TOTV Problem and Solution

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Default Posting YouTube Videos on TOTV Problem and Solution

As many of you may already know, if you post a YouTube video address in your posting, it will not appear in your message when being viewed in the MSIE browser. It will appear in other browsers like Chrome and Firefox, but not MSIE. It will however appear when your post is being quoted. Why this happens I do not know, but I do know that there is an alternate method of making it appear in the first place as it should.

I've posted this method several times, but I still see people that haven't gotten the explanation, including regular posters, and I believe that's because the explanations are alway buried within the thread of several postings instead of in it's own topic. Hence, I'm creating that topic and providing the way to get your YouTube link to show as it should. Here is the procedure on how to do it:
  1. On your YouTube video page, do NOT use the link at the top of the page if you want to post the link to the video you're viewing.
  2. Scroll down just below the video it self and you'll see a bunch of options to chose from.
  3. You will find one of the options that says "SHARE"
  4. Click "SHARE!"
  5. You will now see a link that differers from the one at the top of the page. That link will begin with "youtu<dot>be/"
  6. Place you mouse pointer over it and right click COPY.
  7. Go to the edit window of the message you're preparing and paste the youtu.be link where you want it.
Voila... that's all there is to it. Much simpler than the instruction themselves look!

Bookmark this posting if you think you may want to be able to easily view it again in the future!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
As many of you may already know, if you post a YouTube video address in your posting, it will not appear in your message when being viewed in the MSIE browser. It will appear in other browsers like Chrome and Firefox, but not MSIE. It will however appear when your post is being quoted. Why this happens I do not know, but I do know that there is an alternate method of making it appear in the first place as it should.

I've posted this method several times, but I still see people that haven't gotten the explanation, including regular posters, and I believe that's because the explanations are alway buried within the thread of several postings instead of in it's own topic. Hence, I'm creating that topic and providing the way to get your YouTube link to show as it should. Here is the procedure on how to do it:
  1. On your YouTube video page, do NOT use the link at the top of the page if you want to post the link to the video you're viewing.
  2. Scroll down just below the video it self and you'll see a bunch of options to chose from.
  3. You will find one of the options that says "SHARE"
  4. Click "SHARE!"
  5. You will now see a link that differers from the one at the top of the page. That link will begin with "youtu<dot>be/"
  6. Place you mouse pointer over it and right click COPY.
  7. Go to the edit window of the message you're preparing and paste the youtu.be link where you want it.
Voila... that's all there is to it. Much simpler than the instruction themselves look!

Bookmark this posting if you think you may want to be able to easily view it again in the future!
Thanks Joe, I got it. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.......errrr... I forgot, we're talking about posting a link properly.

Thanks agin for your efforts.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Thanks. Hopefully now it will not take two posts to put up a YouTube.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Sage

to Skyguy, thanks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.