Support Groups for Bereavement

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Default Support Groups for Bereavement

My friend just lost her husband a few months ago. The passing of her husband was sudden. Now that things have settled she is feeling deep sorrow. We spoke of her possibly sharing with others who are going thru the same loss of a loved one. ANY SUPPORT GROUPS OUT THERE...she is a very active lady with many friends but needs a little support beyond those that knew her and her husband.

Last edited by Aruca; 09-30-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Sage

there used to be a group called U Are Not Alone but check rec news or call odell rec center where they met...i was helped by a hospice group and i believe st timothy also has a group for bereavement. any of the singles groups are full of widows but perhaps she won't be ready for that for some time. please ask her to pm me if she needs another friend. nice of you to try to help her.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Sage

Several churches offer GriefShare....I highly recommend it!! Think the Methodist Church on 101, First Baptist of The Villages, Fairview Christian and maybe one or two others offer this.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Is there a support group for people that have lost a child?
Old 11-23-2013, 12:15 PM

I lost my husband 10 years ago to 4th Stage Lung Cancer. We were married 23 years. I was living in Bellevue, Washington at the time. I feel for this person who has lost her husband. It's always a terrible process to go through. Yes, I have learned that this is a process. Some folks go through this a lot easier than others. But that doesn't mean you loved the person any less. It took me a lot of years going to Bereavement Groups, relying on my close friends and neighbors to get better. Sometimes you don't want to talk about it to strangers. I'm here for you. Just pm me and I will try to help you through it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.