2nd annual Cruise in The Villages Oct 6

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 AM
Sage
Default 2nd annual Cruise in The Villages Oct 6

the next group activity we have coming up will be a day of Cruise activities right here in the Villages, organized by our member, Maybe (alias Bill) We will begin with a buffet lunch at Golden Corral, followed by time at Summerhill pool or possibly a game of charades at Bill's home, until we go to the ship's entertainment, the Bohemian Cafe at Paradise Rec Center at 6pm....if you are not on our mailing list and would like to participate in any or all of these activities, please send a PM to Maybe so that we can look for you to be sure you are included. we did this last year and it was fun! welcome aboard!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:08 AM

Thanks cha cha cha. The schedule for this singles "cruise" is still subject to additions, based upon feedback preferences, but the very basics will be:

1------- 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, All-American cruise-style buffet lunch at Golden Corral on Rt 466. Arrive promptly at 1:00 PM to maximize your chance of getting to sit with the rest of us.[You may arrive a bit early and wait near the entrance doors until 1:00 PM when we go through the cash register line together]

2--------2:00 PM to 4:00 PM ship's pool party, with swimming, shuffleboard, and bocce ball. [Summerhill Village Pool.]

[4:00 PM to 5:30 PM free time, change clothes, supper on your own , ..... nap?!]

3--------5:30 PM to around 8:30 PM ship's theater [open-mike singing, karaoke, stand-up comedy, skits, etc. at Bohemian Spotlight Cafe at Paradise Rec Center, $2 donation. Seating is at large rectangular tables, and much better for a group than auditorium seating. You are allowed to bring your own food and drink.] Doors open at 5:30, performances start at 6:00 PM, but if we want to get good tables to hold all of us, it is better to come at 5:30. You may of course come at 6 PM if you are content to sit at any open table.

Depending upon what people want, other activities could be added, such as:

Early day cards, charades and other parlor games from 9 or 10 AM to noon or later, at my house.
Post-theater end-of-cruise party at my house with charades, improvs, etc.,
[You must RSVP your desires if you want any such extras.]

The date was chosen in part because the pools will still be plenty warm, and the Bohemian is only once a month. If bad weather is going to ruin the pool party, we will watch a movie at the ship's theatre, aka my house.

If interested, please reply directly to me via Personal Message here on this forum. INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! [click on my name, "maybe" State either : interested but unsure, or, "I'm in!". ---- If you are in, but only for some activities, please say which. Also, if coming, please state what, if anything, you'd like added beyond the basics.

The final schedule should be emailed by me in late Sept to those interested, which will include my address.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:54 AM

We are up to 10 people wanting to come, with 2 who might not make it and one who needs a ride from the old section. She cannot drive.

Of course I had said that any single may join us at any of the events without a RSVP, so I do not know how many might be doing that.

Remember to be at the Golden Corral at or before 1 PM, as we will enter as a group at that time. If you get unexpectedly delayed, you'll have to look for where we are seated. I will alert the cashier of our group, so maybe she'll be able to point to where we are seated.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:55 AM

Remember, you don't have to know any of us. One of the purposes of the event is to meet new Villages singles.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:59 PM

In case you are those who missed seeing the date of the "cruise" in the title of this thread, it is Oct 6.
Closed Thread

Tags
activities, cruise, villages, rec, participate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.