55 male soon to be new Resident

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to NewResidentSoon
Default 55 male soon to be new Resident

Hello all. I'm currently looking for a place in the villages. I'm a 55 year old single man, anyone have advice about best things to do there? Im looking for an active nightlife with singles of all ages to enjoy my time there. How is the nightlife? How is the Golf? Are there bars that have live music? I would appreciate if someone could private message me as I have a lot of qouestions. I’m not wanting to be a bother though.

Last edited by NewResidentSoon; 08-18-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Sage

Strongly suggest that you consider purchasing a Court Yard Villa which is often referred to as a CYV . Easy to care for . Easy to lock up and leave when you travel . Also the CYV " Villages " tend to house more single people as your neighbors .
Look into the new CYVs currently being constructed near Brownwood which I believe are being called " Atwood ".
I would choose to live North of Route 44 and South of Route 466 .
Old 08-17-2018, 04:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to NewResidentSoon

Thank You kindly Buffalo Jim for taking your time to send that reply. Yes, I would prefer to be near the singles.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewResidentSoon View Post
Hello all. I'm currently looking for a place in the villages. I'm a 55 year old single man, anyone have advice about best things to do there?
Get a prenuptial.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Hello all. I'm currently looking for a place in the villages. I'm a 55 year old single man, anyone have advice about best things to do there?
Glad you redirected your post. You will get more feedback here. I would suggest you try a lifestyle visit - only $99/night now through December. Once you have set a date to visit try posting again on here and maybe someone from the singles group will connect with you to set up a time for you to meet up with some other singles.

As far as stuff to do in TV, there is A LOT, more than you can even imagine. You can be as busy as you choose to be, or not.

Sorry if I seemed abrupt on the other thread. Sometimes we get people on there just messing with us. Best wishes on your journey. Hope you make TV your home. I don't think you will be disappointed, but it's best to do what you are doing by asking questions and checking things out for yourself before making the decision.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Sage

welcome! yes by all means let us know when you will arrive and we will get you started networking....more people your age are moving here lately and there is a club for South of Sixty which you might enjoy....you will have to look them up in the Rec News....all kinds of opinions on where to live and i think it depends on what activities you want to join and where they are....that takes a while to determine so sometimes good to rent or share for a few months to get your bearings. my opinion on the CYV is that if you ever hope to marry or live with someone they are not very roomy for two people and have very small driveways....but great if you have a pet or like privacy. the dawn of a whole new lifestyle for you!!! Decisions, decisions!!
Old 08-19-2018, 03:56 AM
Sage

newresidentsoon, I also recommend taking the Lifestyle Preview visit which is a great way to check out The Villages. Check out The Villages sales web site for more information about the Lifestyle Preview visit.

There is a Chicago club in The Villages. Since I'm a wannabee, I don't have a lot more info on that club than other than that I've heard there was at one time a waiting list to get in to the Chicago club.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Hello all. I'm currently looking for a place in the villages. I'm a 55 year old single man, anyone have advice about best things to do there? Im looking for an active nightlife with singles of all ages to enjoy my time there. How is the nightlife? How is the Golf? Are there bars that have live music? I would appreciate if someone could private message me as I have a lot of qouestions. I’m not wanting to be a bother though.
Google, as well as the search function here on TOTV, are your friend...and can answer a lot of your questions.
Closed Thread

Tags
man, year, advice, things, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.