Any Charlie Daniels fans out there?

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Default Any Charlie Daniels fans out there?

On Sunday, 2/28, Journey Fest 2010 will present the Charlie Daniels Band to benefit the Sertoma Youth Ranch in Brooksville. The event will be held at the ranch (about 40 miles from TV). There will also be many additional acts, food, beer tents, activities and karaoke. Tickets are $20 for lawn seats (bring folding chairs or blankets) or $50 for Reserved - Artist Circle. I thought it might be fun to get a group going. Any interest? Let me know.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncancook View Post
On Sunday, 2/28, Journey Fest 2010 will present the Charlie Daniels Band to benefit the Sertoma Youth Ranch in Brooksville. The event will be held at the ranch (about 40 miles from TV). There will also be many additional acts, food, beer tents, activities and karaoke. Tickets are $20 for lawn seats (bring folding chairs or blankets) or $50 for Reserved - Artist Circle. I thought it might be fun to get a group going. Any interest? Let me know.
Lots of interest here... Sounds like fun. Let's do a TOTV event for singles and marrieds, who ever wants to come. We can caravan there and tailgate. Count me in, John, I'll try to recruit others. Good idea, John, thanks for sharing.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-12-2010, 02:13 PM

I just saw Charlie in August in cincinnati. He was old as the hills but performing better than ever. Plus it seems like a good cause.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Sage
Default day or night?

i guess it would depend on whether it was a day performance sitting in the sunshine and driving back in daylight or whether it starts at 8 pm as that is a long drive back....i imagine it is an all day thing but what time does charlie come on? thanks for the great idea...
Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Sage
Default ps

by the way, no trip to brooksville is complete without a visit to the all year christmas shop which is housed in about seven cracker homes and has so many lovely displays for christmas and other holidays...i think it is called Roger's but not sure...was there years ago...
Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

ok chacha i'll bite, what is a cracker home....gn
Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage
Default crackers

well, apparently you have not lived in the rural areas of florida where the "real" native floridians live. it does not look like the villages cracker homes are small homes with aluminum roofs to reflect the sunlight (before air conditioning) and florida natives are called crackers...there are very few of them surviving since we northerners have invaded their space...perhaps we should get them on the endangered species list....they surely are more important than turtles, wouldn't you say? just joking...good question...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.