April newcomers

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
I have just learned from a friend who works for "Time" magazine that in two weeks its cover story will be on The Villages as part of a special boomer issue, and that a reporter working on the story has been monitoring TOTV forums. The Singles forum caught her attention, and she and a photographer will be attending this Thursday's Sumter porch meeting, and a good group photo would be high up in the running for the cover photo! Wear your best T-shirts! Free champagne and lobster hors d'oeuves curtesy of "Time". Next year the cover of "Rolling Stone"!
Your pulling my leg, Bill?

This is an April Fool's Joke, right?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-01-2014, 12:40 PM

hahahaha!

Quote:
I have just learned from a friend who works for "Time" magazine that in two weeks its cover story will be on The Villages as part of a special boomer issue, and that a reporter working on the story has been monitoring TOTV forums. The Singles forum caught her attention, and she and a photographer will be attending this Thursday's Sumter porch meeting, and a good group photo would be high up in the running for the cover photo! Wear your best T-shirts! Free champagne and lobster hors d'oeuves curtesy of "Time". Next year the cover of "Rolling Stone"!
Old 04-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Well, I just arrived a couple of hours ago and am now in my rental house. Although I could deal with Time I prefer not to have to fend off paparazzi.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Sage

don't worry, bob, our bill is a real jokester! you should see the things he comes up with at the improv class! am sure we will have a pleasant, peaceful evening. no special tee shirts required! LOL!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Sage

want to thank our Gracie Girl for accepting my invitation to drop in and meet her adoring fans among the single community! Gracie, Helene and Sweetie all came by to join the fun...unfortunately, the band was extremely loud tonight and it was impossible for 25 people to have a group discussion. everyone was chatting away happily in small groups but i would like to find another place to meet next time where we can actually all participate together....of course we could wait until 9pm when the band stops Bonnevie where were you???
Old 04-04-2014, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Thank you so much for inviting us.

What a delightful bunch of handsome people. I hope the BRAND NEW folks felt welcomed. They all seemed to be having a very good time. I would have so enjoyed talking longer to each of you, but my "hearers" were outdistanced by the wonderful music. I did get to know a smart and accomplished girl sitting next to me. I hope she will come to visit us soon.

It makes me so happy that the singles group is so busy and so active and so filled with vibrant personalities. Single or double, life changes rapidly and we all need friends. I know many of our doubles would love to get to know our singles better. I will think how we might do that.

Love to all of you. Thank you so much for including us.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Thank you, Chax3, for organizing the singles get together yesterday evening. I enjoyed meeting everyone and stayed until my voice and hearing gave out trying to converse over the band. The Villages certainly has some nice "out and doing" singles! I hope to get to know all of you some more in the coming weeks.

Gracie, it was so nice of you to come over and visit the group with your husband and daughter. It was a real pleasure meeting you!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-04-2014, 10:11 AM

The "Time" reporter and photographer failed to show. Maybe someone was playing an April Fool joke.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Platinum member

sorry I missed it. Unfortunately, something came up at the last minute. but I'll be there next time!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
The "Time" reporter and photographer failed to show. Maybe someone was playing an April Fool joke.
"Maybe!"

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
just bumping this thread so that we get a good group to welcome our newcomers this thurs night at seven. if it is chilly we will go next door into panera's, but looks like the weather will be fine! janice, will try to do the same for you in may! welcome to all....
I will be there mid-May, too! Hope you plan something then.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Sage

hoping our newcomer helen will host a get together where we don't have to get sore throats talking over the band at the square!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 AM

Gracie, Thank you for coming. I have been wanting to meet you and was happy to do so.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaniceOhio View Post
I'll be there (Gilchrist) at the end of May and would love to meet-up..(PC choice of vocab) Seriously everyone sounds great and though I can't be full time yet.. I'd love to make new friends.. With TOTV no one's that far away! Janice
Janice, I am your neighbor in Gilchrist. Keep me posted, and we'll get together.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to JaniceOhio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Janice, I am your neighbor in Gilchrist. Keep me posted, and we'll get together.
Kitty & All.. Would love it! I so wish I was there to join the get-togethers! It's tough reading about the fun from Ohio but each day I get one day closer...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.