Is change good?

Is change good?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 03:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Thanks Cha. I have been married for many years, but this subject comes up often with my friends who find themselves left alone and lonely, but you have got past the "lonely" stage and, quite honestly, do you want to start living with someone again .... doing their laundry, cooking, cleaning, having to consider someone else's feelings, getting used to living with another human? Difficult situation and I hope I am never faced with it although I know what I would do .... My ideal situation would be to have a female companion who wanted to travel to the same places I did, who could afford to live the way I can and just wanted a warm body in the house to say HI once in a while. Without my husband I could probably be a happy hermit so I may not be the best person to be talking about this subject.

I really hope this post continues, it is interesting to see others views.
I think you and I should divorce our husbands and go traveling together.

On the other hand, I guess the poison you are used to is better than the poison you haven't tried. LOL.

Maybe not the best advice for ChaChaCha so let's just leave it between us married gals.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:53 PM

Well, a big event has happened for you! I think it is very wise for you to weigh all the issues in such a decision. I'm guessing there are serious doubts as well as positives in this. Personally, to me it seems like you have known this person less than a year and it might be wise to go on as is for a while - as we know, our true selves show up later in relationships. Waiting could also make the issues more clear. I know I am much more into my own freedom of choices later in life than before. I didn't particularly like being married (maybe the wrong man?) but I do love being independent and doing what I want. I am in a relationship again with the man whose house I live in. We have always been connected and came together s a couple after I left TV last year. WE both like being independent and are not interested in the trappings of marriage, especially legally and with family (he has 4 kids, pre-nup and all that)
We are fine with co-habitation and civil union so that serves us well.
However many responses you get, your very own heart will be pulled to do this or not. Which would you regret more, doing it or not doing it? It is a difficult fork in the road...best of luck and I hope to hear how it all turns out and to see you again soon.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2018, 01:28 PM

I wish you all the best Cha...hope to meet you at the next Meet and Greet as my work schedule has kept me from doing so in the past. I like the quote..'living with someone you can't live without'.. that says it all..not just 'living together'. See you soon....aj
Old 11-10-2018, 01:38 PM

What was the status of your other relationships? Are you always without male companionship? Do you date regularly? Is having a man that important?
Closed Thread

Tags
good, life, thought, generate, allure