Coming for first visit

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Default Coming for first visit

Hi.

I am coming down for my first visit to TV next week. Will arrive on June 12.

I'm a 60 yo single guy. Not the most outgoing person around, so hoping that someplace like TV will make it easier to meet new people.

Not a golfer(never been good at sports with balls for some reason) , so it looks like I may be in the minority down there. I am a bicyclist. Plan to bring a bike. Hope the local club will let me ride with them while I am there. Would also like to try new things if I end up moving down.

Anyway, I hope that it is half as good as all of you say it is. If so, then I can put my house on the market and plan for the next stage in life.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Default First time visit

WOW.... you could not come to a better place than the Villages... so many things to do.... and so many really nice people.... we have been visiting for years and are now ready to make the move.... I hear their are lots of single people in the Villages too... you will fit right in.... we are heading down the next week end and hope to find a house ..... good luck....
Old 06-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I happen to know a gal who has two Schnauzers who is single....and kind of in charge of the singles group. She is delightful. AND so are all the singles that kind of run around together. I know there are some cyclists in the group and even a couple of motorcylists. I bet they will have a meet and greet for you when you arrive.

Hey Kathie!!!

Welcome to you Schnauzer. You will love it here

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer View Post
Hi.

I am a bicyclist. Plan to bring a bike. Hope the local club will let me ride with them while I am there. Would also like to try new things if I end up moving down.
Remember to bring your helmet at the bike clubs will not allow you to ride with them without one.

You will also want to check out the Recreation News that comes out in the Daily Sun Newspaper on Thursday or online at http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/c...ns/recnews.pdf as there are a couple of different clubs that meet and ride from different locations. Also they split up into various riding levels and distance. They have slow beginner groups to real die hards.

You may have to cut and paste the URL into your browser if it does not take you to the correct site. This is a known issue in posting some links within TOTV.

Good luck and have a great time and yes the place and people are as great as everyone says.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Sage

Hi Schnauzer,

You'll love TV. There's no place like it. Hawkwind is right. The place and people are as great as everyone says.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer View Post
Hi.

I am coming down for my first visit to TV next week. Will arrive on June 12.

I'm a 60 yo single guy. Not the most outgoing person around, so hoping that someplace like TV will make it easier to meet new people.

Not a golfer(never been good at sports with balls for some reason) , so it looks like I may be in the minority down there. I am a bicyclist. Plan to bring a bike. Hope the local club will let me ride with them while I am there. Would also like to try new things if I end up moving down.

Anyway, I hope that it is half as good as all of you say it is. If so, then I can put my house on the market and plan for the next stage in life.
Hi Schnauzer.... Welcome to TV. Yes, I believe you will love it. We have a great time here and I am not good at sports either, but the nightlife is fantastic.

The great thing about this place is there is so much to do, you will find the right activities and events to keep you busy and happy. I'm trying to expand my horizons by venturing out during the daytime (LOL) and after years of hating formal exercise, I am now totally fixated on working out at the Wellness Center with cardio and weight training. Who would have EVER thought this would be my major interest. The opportunities here are endless and if you let us know when you are here, we can arrange a meet and greet with some of our singles group. BTW, Hope you can make it to our June TOTV lunch at Crispers. Its on June 18 @ 3pm. I will PM you my contact information for when you arrive. Have a safe trip.

KathieI (also a Schnauzer person)

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 AM

All of you who have responded to schnauzer,

What WONDERFUL people you all are!!! My husband Mike and I have not yet moved (will start building at the end of Aug. -have our lot), but we can't wait because of people like you! TV is just the greatest place. We just happened upon it in our travels and put a hold on a lot on the 1st day. We had never even heard of TV but it was exactly what I had envisioned for our retirement home. I still can't believe it is REAL! I'm sure schnauzer will fall in love with all of you as well as TV.

Have fun schnauzer!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitchell View Post
All of you who have responded to schnauzer,

What WONDERFUL people you all are!!! My husband Mike and I have not yet moved (will start building at the end of Aug. -have our lot), but we can't wait because of people like you! TV is just the greatest place. We just happened upon it in our travels and put a hold on a lot on the 1st day. We had never even heard of TV but it was exactly what I had envisioned for our retirement home. I still can't believe it is REAL! I'm sure schnauzer will fall in love with all of you as well as TV.

Have fun schnauzer!

Joni Mitchell, I'm so excited for you. I guess you had to get yourself back to the Garden.

Sorry jmitchell, as the fabulous Gracie Girl reminds me often, sometimes I'm just not right.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Default Soon To Be Newbie

Hi All,
I am working on my 3rd trip back to TV. Likely to be a Pennecamp villager in the near future as well - so hi to the Mitchells. Can anyone shed any light on the choosing the house and interior options to reduce the confusion and stress so to speak. I continue to mull over all the floorplans again and again and again including the newest ones sent by my relator and just when I think I've decided on the one that suits us best up pops another thought and I move to looking at them all over again. And just think I was thru all the models during my last visit. How much time do you recommend setting aside for this final pre build stage in the process? What is the timeline between house selection/contract signing and closing? I hear that they have a new model center now - true?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspano View Post
Hi All,
I am working on my 3rd trip back to TV. Likely to be a Pennecamp villager in the near future as well - so hi to the Mitchells. Can anyone shed any light on the choosing the house and interior options to reduce the confusion and stress so to speak. I continue to mull over all the floorplans again and again and again including the newest ones sent by my relator and just when I think I've decided on the one that suits us best up pops another thought and I move to looking at them all over again. And just think I was thru all the models during my last visit. How much time do you recommend setting aside for this final pre build stage in the process? What is the timeline between house selection/contract signing and closing? I hear that they have a new model center now - true?
We did it. (Mulling it over, discussing it, reevaluating it, comparing it) Everyone I know in TV did it too. When we did it, there was no option to build and that was just two years ago. You could choose among already built homes so that made it easier.....or maybe harder. Before we came down for our lifestyle visit I had a binder with every floor plan and I was determined to do it with some logic.

We walked into the Camellia in Hadley with a pretty view and we were done. Up until then we thought a villa would be perfect for our second home. AND we certainly weren' t new at buying homes. I still think we made a wise choice. Now we are going through the same process for our year-round home in TV.

I look back on it and it was stressful during the time of decision. OH I forgot to say that we were NOT going to buy on our lifestyle visit either. When you get to know us you will find that we aren't really impulsive.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Platinum member

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but when we signed with our realtor, he told us that when we get our house sold and have everything picked out for the new one, it will take them 70 days until it is finished.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.