December weather

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Default December weather

Will be coming down Dec 9th until the end of December. Just how warm or cold will it be there during my stay. Not sure if I need to bring cold weather gear.... Single guy who just hates the cold - How is Christmas time in TV?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Sage
Default missed you last year!

hi again,

we were all asking ourselves whatever happened to you last year as we were waiting to greet you but could never find you...december is my favorite month here..the weather is mild but of course you should have a jacket handy just in case...there is a free concert every night in december at the church on the square to celebrate the season. there is a great parade at the polo grounds, or at least there was last year...the snowbirds are all here so it is more crowded than usual but i still love it...this time let someone know for sure where and when you will be here....welcome back!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Sage

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...raphspan=month
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. When I came down last Sept I stayed busy playing golf every day and just spending a lot of alone time to think. I plan on doing more of the social scene on this trip and hope to meet everyone that was kind enough to follow my thread last year. I stayed in Hemingway last year and staying in Orange Blossom Garden this year.
Will arrive Dec 9th for 3 weeks.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Veteran member

I spent last December in TV and the weather was great. Sure there were a few cold nights where the temps go down to the low 50's but with hours the next day it was up to the 70 to 80's. The one big thing is the sun. There were so many days where there was no a cloud in the sky and that makes a BIG difference.

Having been going to Florida in December for over 15 years you can get some cold days but it does not last long. One year it was 23 degrees at New Smyrna Beach on Christmas day so at least bring along a couple sets of winter cloths just in case.

Have a great time and my current plans have not been finalized but I am also looking at spending December in TV.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM

Hawkwind - Thanks for the info - just what I was looking for. This will be my 3rd visit and my 2nd time alone and 1st for more than 5 days (staying 3 weeks). Was not sure on how much to pack had how much cold weather gear. Chachacha was kind enough with some info and a nice "missed you last year" so I need to pack right and attend a meet and greet and looking forward to a wonderful Christmas in TV...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Gold member
Default weather in December

maybe I was in a different Village? Was here for just one week last December and it was quite cold. Wore a sweatshirt and a golf pullover and was still too cold - wished I had winter golf gloves. Was like this for most of the week. I think Florida had an unusually cold winter last year, several freezes here I believe. Probably not the whole month was cold but that week sure was.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
maybe I was in a different Village? Was here for just one week last December and it was quite cold. Wore a sweatshirt and a golf pullover and was still too cold - wished I had winter golf gloves. Was like this for most of the week. I think Florida had an unusually cold winter last year, several freezes here I believe. Probably not the whole month was cold but that week sure was.

January was even worse!

We're not coming down (and over some) until mid-February this year.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.