favorite places other than katie belle's and city fire

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Sage
Default favorite places

was going to post for a movie night friday night but there are so many good movies i can't pick one! (i am a libra) SO i decided to post a thread on a happy topic: what are some of your favorite places to go other than katie belle's and city fire which have entertainment and fun! for example, all my friends know i love to go to Tierra del Sol on a thursday night when Tomaura is playing. they are a duo of fantastic talent and perform from about six to eight thirty during the dinner time...they play such a variety from Irish pub songs to Abba to Puccini! at the moment i believe they are leading a tour to ireland another good place is Hacienda Country club on sat night when musicology is there...am sure that many of you have your favorites whether dancing is featured or not..would love to hear where YOU like to hang out!

Last edited by chachacha; 06-01-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: change title
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Sage

bump
Old 05-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

I enjoy the parties we have for new singles. It is great to meet so many new people & get to know them. Looking forward to joe's saturday.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 PM

I'VE BEEN WANTING TO POST AND SEE REDWOOD HIGHWAY, one of 2 new movies directed to the "mature audience". Playing at the Rialto, Spanish Springs - with schedule showing through next Thursday, May 29. Since it's been so hot, 6:45 p.m. probably would be a good time. Another time slot is 4:05 p.m. MAYBE WE SHOULD THINK ABOUT the 4:05 p.m. due to parking issues. Movie is 1.40 hrs. WHAT SAY YOU ALL? Dancing, etc. in the square after, if we wish to do that. Below is a description:

Redwood Highway

Rated PG-13 for thematic elements including a scene of menace

Shirley Knight, Tom Skerritt

Living in a comfortable retirement community in Southern Oregon, estranged from her family, unsatisfied with her surroundings, and generally not happy about life, Marie (Shirley Knight) decides to journey 80 miles on foot to the coast of Oregon to revisit the ocean of her past for the first time in 45 years.
Once reluctant to attend her granddaughter’s wedding, she now arrives as an unexpected guest.
Along the way, she meets an extraordinary cast of characters and discovers that you're never too old to learn something about life... and about yourself.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Sage

i think there is a singles dance this sunday night at seven pm at Recreation Plantation. does anyone know for sure and has anyone been to these dances yet? i like the movie idea, too! could not find a trailer for it but it sounds interesting.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Sage

well, there are now separate posts for the movie and the dances so let's get back to the subject of where we like to hang out, what activities we most enjoy, etc. obviously i love dancing but i also enjoy participating in theatre group and in language conversation groups....what about some of you athletes out there?
Old 05-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Sage

boy, it is not easy keeping this thread alive when no one else but me seems to have anything to offer to discuss....i hope someone will post soon or i am going to give up the ghost!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:00 AM

Does being on the golf course count.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Sage

of course! that's what i'm talkin'about! thanks! i am not a golfer so would enjoy a description of what so many people enjoy about the game. great exercise and beautiful scenery, obviously, but what else?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina
Default Favorite places

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
of course! that's what i'm talkin'about! thanks! i am not a golfer so would enjoy a description of what so many people enjoy about the game. great exercise and beautiful scenery, obviously, but what else?
Here are a few of my favorite things: Dancing, golfing, swimming & Samba.
All of them have a common thread which makes them so enjoyable: Great exercise for the mind and body, friendly people, ability to meet new people and learn from them, beautiful surroundings. There is not much better than waking in the villages and knowing that you can look forward to a day of fun. We are so darn lucky, so enjoy whatever puts a smile on your face.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Platinum member

Although I'm not quite "there" yet, I enjoy horseback riding, want to try a Segway, boating and some crafts. Also taking courses. (Besides vocal and instrumental groups).

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 05-30-2014, 09:48 PM

I don't really have a favorite bar or music venue. I Play the music I like at home. Most of the concerts I have attended have been with symphony orchestras in which my son performed! In The Villages I like playing sports, socializing at parties or elsewhere, cards, discussion groups. At the bottom of the list is mowing lawn and maintaining landscaping!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

I like Hooters.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
I like Hooters.
The name of the bird is a Owl .

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 05-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Why I enjoy golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
I love golf, not that I can very well, for the following reasons. I go to a beautiful atmosphere, with beautiful friends, and have a beautiful lunch afterwards. What else is there?

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.