friend visiting

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Gold member
Default friend visiting

I have a friend visiting from Michigan and we're trying to get her to consider moving here. I explained that she will definitely not be the only single here!! Are there any single functions going on that we can drop in on, just to show her? She will be here until October 24th. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Sage

depending on her age she can go to a single baby boomer meeting or if she is born before 1946 she can try the Sumter Singles...they both have calendars on their web site. if she wants to pm me asap i am meeting a few ladies at City Fire monday night in lake sumter landing and she can see plenty of singles there. there is also a monday night Village Singles group which meet at La Hacienda Rec Center each monday. they should be listed in the Rec News....there is an Atlas meeting on oct 18 at 4pm at Eisenhower but that is not usually a very large group....i would be happy to take her under my wing after my new flooring gets put in this week! i think she would have fun at City Fire as the music on monday is very good and she would be with at least five other women to get to know we are going for dinner around seven. just pm me her number and i will speak to her....nice of you to help her feel at home....and i will try to pm you my phone number.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:13 PM

Tierra Del Sol has Live theatrical plays every night. Good ones at that. Every square has Live entertainment every night. She wont be bored that's for sure.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 PM

Trish. I’m newly single and also from Birmingham, MI. My avatar was keithwand.
Here’s my take. I joined Single Boomers South and Single Baby Boomers.
So far SBB South does mainly dances. Halloween dance tonight. Not into costumes so did not go.
Been to 2 SBB meetings. 1st was orientation which goes over their website etc. They say they get 30-50 new members every month.
2nd was an Octoberfes. They did a nice job. In November is an Eagles Tribute Band.
It can seem cliquey at either which is normal to all groups as people sit with those they know so I decided to get my own group together at the meetings. There are also 2 Michigan Clubs for couples or singles.
That’s just the clubs. There are so many sports activities, theater and the list goes on as you know.
I will say I can’t think of a better place to be than here and I’ve experienced both since I’ve been here 5 years. 4.5 as married.
She should love it.

Last edited by Braddock; 10-19-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
single, friend, visiting, 24th, functions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.