Happy New Year Singles!

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2020, 02:32 PM
Sage
Default Happy New Year Singles!

a good time was had by all at last night's party at Maybe's home, but the subject came up of why the Unclub is no longer operating. The problem was that our email list became too unwieldy and Katie Rogers could not get the emails out to the entire group. Someone mentioned the App Meet Up where there is no limit to contacts but there is a fee to the organizer, nominal but still a fee. How many would be interested in supporting this? It basically puts out a message of when and where people are doing any activity and the receivers can decide whether they want to participate. But some payment would have to be made to Katie, very small, to be made a contact. What do you think? I was doing this here on TOTV for years but everyone got spoiled with the email list and grew dependent on that!
Old 01-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Veteran member

THe HOA-Express system is better. Meetup is not private all kinds of people outside he Villages would be wanting to join.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Perhaps a Facebook Group would be better. Its free
Old 01-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
THe HOA-Express system is better. Meetup is not private all kinds of people outside he Villages would be wanting to join.
The Unclub was always open to all, but if we had events at rec centers then non-Villagers of course could not come. We wanted to reach those who would be moving here and needing to meet single friends, and we helped many newbies by hosting Meet and Greets which they heard about even before moving here. So privacy is not an asset in this kind of endeavor. But thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-04-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

No, I am not a single but I have followed chachacha and her kindness for years. So, what about SnapChat or TeamSnap or whatever it is called for your Singles Unclub. My other half is part of a huge group of club members that use Team Snap to send out all notifications, it also has a roster of all members names, telephone numbers, email address, you name it. You would need someone who is computer literate to set it up.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-05-2020, 04:10 PM
Sage
Default good advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
No, I am not a single but I have followed chachacha and her kindness for years. So, what about SnapChat or TeamSnap or whatever it is called for your Singles Unclub. My other half is part of a huge group of club members that use Team Snap to send out all notifications, it also has a roster of all members names, telephone numbers, email address, you name it. You would need someone who is computer literate to set it up.
thanks for that great advice...finding someone to take on the computer stuff might be possible...but that's not me Actually, as you say I have been at this for years and have dozens of great friends and I strongly feel a younger newbie should take on this task to welcome the younger singles who are now moving in. But no one has come forward! If people write to me I still try to help and enjoy it.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
a good time was had by all at last night's party at Maybe's home, but the subject came up of why the Unclub is no longer operating. The problem was that our email list became too unwieldy and Katie Rogers could not get the emails out to the entire group. Someone mentioned the App Meet Up where there is no limit to contacts but there is a fee to the organizer, nominal but still a fee. How many would be interested in supporting this? It basically puts out a message of when and where people are doing any activity and the receivers can decide whether they want to participate. But some payment would have to be made to Katie, very small, to be made a contact. What do you think? I was doing this here on TOTV for years but everyone got spoiled with the email list and grew dependent on that!
You can do this for free on Mailchimp.com--up to 1K emails

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 01-07-2020, 09:08 PM
Sage
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
You can do this for free on Mailchimp.com--up to 1K emails
thank you for that information...i will tell Katie about that!

Tags
katie, fee, list, made, email

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.