hi from Firenze Italy

hi from Firenze Italy

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

hi from Firenze Italy
Old 04-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Sage

Default hi from Firenze Italy

hi gang, i see not much is happening on this forum so i thought i would share my great experience studying a language in Florence, Italy. i combined this with a group tour and have had a blast...the learning experience can be done in any country and is an immediate way to meet people from all over the world. my friend jeannie is taking a cooking class besides the Italian class, and i am taking Art History, taught in Italian, which is very interesting. The school, Michelangelo Institute, arranges group tours at very low prices and the art history teacher also takes us to museums etc as part of the curriculum...there are students from Brazil, Germany, Columbia, US, China, almost everywhere and we have group dinners which are a lot of fun. We are in a Senior program with a special low price but the fellow students are all ages...some as young as 18 a nice change from the Villages for a while. So think about putting a learning cap on for Italian, Spanish, German, French, i am sure almost every country has language schools that are similar. It's a wonderful way to see a city and a country and meet new people while learning! Has anyone had any experience about this kind of thing to share here?

Old 04-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
hi gang, i see not much is happening on this forum so i thought i would share my great experience studying a language in Florence, Italy. i combined this with a group tour and have had a blast...the learning experience can be done in any country and is an immediate way to meet people from all over the world. my friend jeannie is taking a cooking class besides the Italian class, and i am taking Art History, taught in Italian, which is very interesting. The school, Michelangelo Institute, arranges group tours at very low prices and the art history teacher also takes us to museums etc as part of the curriculum...there are students from Brazil, Germany, Columbia, US, China, almost everywhere and we have group dinners which are a lot of fun. We are in a Senior program with a special low price but the fellow students are all ages...some as young as 18 a nice change from the Villages for a while. So think about putting a learning cap on for Italian, Spanish, German, French, i am sure almost every country has language schools that are similar. It's a wonderful way to see a city and a country and meet new people while learning! Has anyone had any experience about this kind of thing to share here?
Where are you staying while at the school? Sounds like a great way to see Florence and meet some really interesting people. How long are you staying? Interested to hear more about your trip.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Platinum member

I would very much enjoy that. Hope to see you when you get back.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:14 AM
Sage

Loved Firenze!

Hard not to love it with the fantastic history, top quality leather goods (bought three jackets/coats)...and a balcony view like this.
Attached Thumbnails
firenze-florence-italy-jpg  
Old 04-06-2018, 07:21 AM

And The FOOD!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:24 AM

What a great idea, journey, learning and fun experience! Please share more when you return!!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM
Sage

nice to see all the great responses! we first took a two week tour which included our air fare and arranged our return for three weeks later...we rented an apt which can be done through AirBnB, **** or Trip Advisor as well as many other sites...we wanted to be close to the school and we are! in the old neighborhood of Firenze where the homes of Michelangelo's family and Verrazzano are just blocks away. with two people sharing expenses it is not bad, much cheaper than a hotel and we can cook, snack, lay around whenever we want as i am doing right now! when i get back anyone who wants to discuss doing this is welcome to come over and chat!
Old 04-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

You certainly do know how to travel, Dianne! Ciao!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-06-2018, 01:48 PM

What are you eating??
Old 04-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
What are you eating??
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess...Italian.

Tags
experience, group, learning, italian, country