How To Join - "The Unclub" for Singles

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Default How To Join - "The Unclub" for Singles

Because, there has been so much interest and requests to join the Singles 'Unclub', I thought it best to start this thread to explain exactly who we are and how to join us.

I think you might be interested in learning what we're about before you decide to join. How we came to be is a story for another day. Since our beginning we have been a Social Support Group or a Network for singles. Unlike the established Villages sponsored singles clubs, we are not affiliated with any particular club- we have no Board of Directors – there is no dues – and we don't have monthly meetings - You don't even have to be a resident of the Villages!.

At first we are there to lend support to singles, widows and widowers who are either new to the villages or new to being single. This transition is often difficult for people our age. Sometimes you feel isolated or intimidated by the process of getting to know other singles. Dianne Lievens- or Chachacha as you may know her - sponsors our monthly Meet & Greet get-togethers for new single men and women. Please contact Dianne directly through a private message on this site, if you would like to attend the next meeting..

And beyond this, we spend a lot of time together socially and I for one have made many close friends in this group. Last but certainly not least, we also try to lend a hand to each other where we can. I guess you could call us the 'pay it forward' club,

On January 28 we will be having our first 'Unclub' party at the Hibiscus recreational Center-. Because the group has grown so much, there are many people I haven't met yet and I'm sure that applies to most of us - maybe, with the exception of Dianne who, I swear, seems to know everyone, Anyone who joins us before the 28th will be getting more information on that.

This is a wonderful group of people, and I am personally looking forward to getting to know everyone in the Unclub. if you would like to join, please PM me and I will add you to our email list.

Katie
Old 01-21-2017, 12:46 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Happygal7

Katie, I have just found this information about the Unclub for Singles. I am 65 and I am having a terrible time being alone. I have been here a year and attended numerous clubs and activities but no friendships have been made. I need help. Let me know if there is anyone else I need to contact to join. I don't have anyone else's contact info for this. I will put Jan 28th on my calendar. Thank you.

Last edited by Happygal7; 01-21-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: remove id
Old 01-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Sage
Default sign up for party

hi and thanks for your note....be sure to pm Sandra at
retiredsfw and let her register you for the party on the 28th....there is another thread about this.....welcome! FYI pm means private message....you can private message katie just by clicking on her name and selecting send a private message.

Tags
singles, join, unclub, group, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.