just moved in

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Default just moved in

I just moved into Hadley.. met some great people the other night in Sumters Landing...would like to find other Dog lovers and a golf partner
Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Sage
Default Welcome!

hi bailey's dad....it was fun to meet you the other night...i am sure you will make many friends here...just let us know when you return....ciao for now...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Bailey's Dad, loved meeting you and Bailey at Sumter Landing the other night, also. Welcome to The Villages!! You will love Hadley, a group of us are your neighbors...

Just look around you, Hadley is surrounded by dog lovers. Everyone is so friendly and will chat while walking the pups around the neighborhood.

Can't help you about golf, however, unless your willing to teach me...
Good Luck and let us know if you need anything!! KathieI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Default Wow

I can't believe I found you guys !!! I was not sure of the site or link you were on . Thanks for your hospitality the other night !!! can't wait to get back !!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Sage

DDRR is a great place to meet dog people.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-10-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Dancing Thyme

Sorry I'm gonna hi-jack this thread......

Bare, someone walking their dog in Hadley today told me that he heard that dogs get fleas from DDRR. Have you experienced this?? I told him I had never heard that.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Hi baileysdad, So glad you enjoyed LSL the other night. We love all the dancing places...LSL, SS's, and of course Katie Belles. It was really nice meeting you..hope to see you again.
PS...can't help you out with golf, but if you ride a motorcycle, we could ride together....I love dogs, but do not have one at this time.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

Baileysdad...

Hello from a fellow Hadley Peep! Hope to meet you on our October visit..I do have three dogs, but they will remain in Pennsylvania with my horses,The Villages Florida fish, The Villages Floridaand other friends..

Enjoy The Villages, it certainly is a great place

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum member

Hi Baileys Dad. It was fun meeting you and Bailey at LSL. You said you were going to post and you found us! We'll look forward to seeing you at the squares and KB.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Default Welcome, Bailey's Dad - and thanks, Jo!

Good to meet you, Bailey's Dad . . . and the rest of the TOTV gang that welcomed us at LSL during recent evenings. Thanks, especially, to JoJo, for making us feel at home here in Amelia.

- TV Man Tony and wife, Susan
Old 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Default Thank you

Just wanted to thank you guys for the warm welcome to the Villages...Me and Bailey are looking so forward to getting out of the cold weather ( even though it's 80 in Mich today) ....You guys sure know how to enjoy life !!!! We should be back down around the first week in November...see ya then
Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Default Looking for golf partner

I'll be arriving November 17 for a month without knowing a soul in TV.
I'd love to meet up with three people looking to complete their foursomes during that week. I'll be staying in Sabal Chase, so would like to play the adjacent courses. Cane, Mallory, and Havana or the nearby Execs.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting lots of people.
David

Brockville, Ontario, Canada

Last edited by dinch; 11-07-2008 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 AM

good morning...was hoping for some help...my grandkids are coming down to spend a few days with me...and of course want to go to disney. are there any places to get reduced park tickets? or any other advise on visiting the park...it's sure feels good to be back
Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Sorry I'm gonna hi-jack this thread......

Bare, someone walking their dog in Hadley today told me that he heard that dogs get fleas from DDRR. Have you experienced this?? I told him I had never heard that.
Kathiel,

While I have gone past but not been to DDRR, I have been a pet owner and animal lover all of my life (well at least from age 4 on - that's when I brought home my first lost puppy). DDRR is a great place for dogs and a great place for fleas. With all the dogs and remains of dropping, there is no finer breeding place for fleas. There is a paradise for fleas and this is it, including the weather.

Your dog WILL pick up fleas at DDRR. What you need to do is make certain that you apply Advantage or a similar product at least once a month. This will eliminate 90% of the potential problem by making certain your dog is not a 'friendly host' to fleas. There will remain the possibility that fleas will get onto your dog at DDRR and then jump into your carpet at home. If you keep your eyes open, you will know if this occurs and can then can your pest control company to take care of it. NTW, DDRR is safe for both you and your dog - and you will both enjoy going there.

Wayne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.