New to Villages 4 days

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2020, 03:47 PM
Default New to Villages 4 days

Hi,
Been here for 4 days.
Looking for single people to play golf, pickleball, and walk. I am 58 years old and female. Any direction on golf leagues would be helpful.
Any single groups?

Kathy from Ohio
Old 10-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ked425 View Post
Hi,
Been here for 4 days.
Looking for single people to play golf, pickleball, and walk. I am 58 years old and female. Any direction on golf leagues would be helpful.
Any single groupss?

Kathy from Ohio
The thurs rec guide in The Villages Sun lists all clubs and rec center activities. There are some clubs for singles. Also, ask your neighbors as your Village May have a golf group, card group, Mahjong, etc. Welcome!
Old 10-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Kathy from Ohio
Old 10-04-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Hi,
Been here for 4 days.
Any single groups?

Kathy from Ohio
Hi Kathy, what part of Ohio are you from? I just returned here 4 days ago too. There are lots of singles groups in TV. You just need to check the Recreation News which you can get at the rec centers. Some of the groups require you to attend an orientation first, or pay a small fee to join. Several have golf groups. Paula

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 12-02-2020, 08:34 AM

Hi Kathy,
I move here next week. Will be back and forth, a week to ten days a month, until I sell my house in the Florida Keys.
I am not a golfer but would love to meet someone else new. There are several clubs i am looking at joining
and do play pickleball, swim and bike.

Kathi
Old 12-05-2020, 10:00 AM

Kathy, I will be arriving on April 1st and leasing a home first, with the intent to buy. I am also 58 years old and will be looking to get acquainted with people who stay extremely active. Fitness wise. I am hoping to be able to connect with a group also. All so new, nervous but hopeful.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

On a general note, I can think of virtually no other place on earth that would be as good as TV for a single person looking to be active. Almost everyone here is friendly, happy (why not, hardly anyone is working), and active. Activities galore at all the rec centers (when fully open) nightly dances at the three town squares (think college mixers), and clubs for virtually any interest. Your biggest challenge will be finding enough time to get involved in all that’s available. In other words The Villages is an excellent choice.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amohernyikes View Post
Kathy, I will be arriving on April 1st and leasing a home first, with the intent to buy. I am also 58 years old and will be looking to get acquainted with people who stay extremely active. Fitness wise. I am hoping to be able to connect with a group also. All so new, nervous but hopeful.
You should look into joining MVP at Brownwood, the big brown brick building near McAlister's Deli and the Villages Cycle Shop. They have classes with certified instructors like Zumba, Group Power, Spinning, Yoga, etc., weights and a lot of machines and treadmills.

Many people like myself who has United Health Medicare plan get membership for free, I use to pay until I was 65. It would cost $60 a month and they put it on your credit card. I think a lot of single people go there, I go 3 days a week since 2014, it's a nice place.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 12-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,375 Times in 3,052 Posts

I was interested in joining MVP when we were first looking into moving here. But at $60 a month, it was quickly eliminated from our list of "wants." You can get membership at Club Fitness or LA Fitness or Planet Fitness or any of the other kajillion gyms in the country for $99 per YEAR, plus a $20 yearly renewal fee and a one-time $25 joining fee which is usually waived.

I'm happy with the outdoor gym equipment my amenities pay for in the park near the Paradise Rec center. I wouldn't pay $60 for physical therapy, let alone $60 every month for the privilege of having dozens of people watch me sweat.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I was interested in joining MVP when we were first looking into moving here. But at $60 a month, it was quickly eliminated from our list of "wants." You can get membership at Club Fitness or LA Fitness or Planet Fitness or any of the other kajillion gyms in the country for $99 per YEAR, plus a $20 yearly renewal fee and a one-time $25 joining fee which is usually waived.

I'm happy with the outdoor gym equipment my amenities pay for in the park near the Paradise Rec center. I wouldn't pay $60 for physical therapy, let alone $60 every month for the privilege of having dozens of people watch me sweat.
Those places are only a gym and you would to have to drive to Leesburg or Ocala. In fact I use to pay $109 a month for my wife and me at MVP, and it was money well spent. That's only if you're into classes with real instructors and great sound systems, then that's why you pay the money. It also depends on your location. I'm only ten minutes MVP in Brownwood.

In Lady Lake across from Oakwood is To Your Health, they have classes and is only $20 a month and even an indoor pool. Like I posted earlier, I haven't had to pay dues since United Health has taken over the plan. If you have United Health and don't care about a big facility with classes and plenty of equipment, they also will pay for membership in Anytime Fitness centers.

There are three large classrooms at MVP Brownwood, this is room #2 where I took Group Power three mornings a week for 4 years and and was in the best shape of my life. It's 60 minutes of high energy weight training with loud fast music. I never knew I liked the song The Story of My Life by One Direction until I took that class. I had to finally quit because at age 70 I can't keep up anymore. Those are all benches and steps that make it higher and weights are at the back of the room. There is normally about 40 or 50 students in that class.

The Villages Florida

If you want to get serious about your workout and are willing to spend a little money, check out To Your Health, it's in Lady Lake.

Too Your Health Spas - Get Back In Shape! The #1 Best Gym

The Villages Florida
Old 12-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
On a general note, I can think of virtually no other place on earth that would be as good as TV for a single person looking to be active. Almost everyone here is friendly, happy (why not, hardly anyone is working), and active. Activities galore at all the rec centers (when fully open) nightly dances at the three town squares (think college mixers), and clubs for virtually any interest. Your biggest challenge will be finding enough time to get involved in all that’s available. In other words The Villages is an excellent choice.
And that is why we go to bed early. Having so much fun everyday!
Old 03-30-2021, 10:17 AM

Hi Kathy!
I am also a 58 year old single woman moving into the Villages. I am moving here for the active lifestyle and fun things going on. I am looking forward to being very involved in clubs and having lots of fun in this new chapter of my life. Hope you are too!
I have a small Yorkie, named Harley, and I also will be doing petsitting.
My business name is Charm, for the furniture painting I do as well.
Lots going on. I hope to see you soon!
Terry
Terry
Old 03-30-2021, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Hi,
Been here for 4 days.
Any single groups?

Kathy from Ohio
Village Community Development Districts
Club listings
https://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Old 04-05-2021, 10:46 AM

That club listing is an excellent tool and up-to-date. Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
single, days, golf, leagues, direction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.