Newly Single

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2021, 06:20 AM

Have similar feeling...Not clear on loss. I hope I'm wrong and apologize up front.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:36 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Before this goes too far what assumptions are being made about "a loss" ? I'm sympatric to any kind of loss but why does my gut tell me this is heading somewhere it was not intended ?
The Villages is packed with single people. I also saw nowhere stating this was a “loss”. SO, join some clubs. I wouldnt look for dating options on here.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am very sorry for you. I hope you are alright. I can't imagine a loss like that. Don't jump into anything too fast. Give yourself a time to adjust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
The Villages is packed with single people. I also saw nowhere stating this was a “loss”. SO, join some clubs. I wouldnt look for dating options on here.
Wasn't me ! But there it is in black and white or should I say red.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:54 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Your welcome to all my x's. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Just to clear up the confusion, I am recently divorced.

Although I have been down the road of having a wife pass away from cancer.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
I was told by my grandmother that there are some things in life worse than death.

I have observed a lot of things in my lifetime and the breaking apart of a deep love is an awful thing. I have watched one of my children divorce. We all grieved for a long time and in some ways are still grieving. That is MY opinion. I am sure others will not agree.

I hope that the O.P. will find comfort in a new relationship. He is a very nice man. I just caution him to take care of his sadness first.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Just to clear up the confusion, I am recently divorced.

Although I have been down the road of having a wife pass away from cancer.
Been there! Give yourself a little time before jumping back in. Your next partner will appreciate it!
Old 04-30-2021, 07:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
I've been in The Villages for nine years but became single a few weeks ago.

Looking to get to know some nice women.

My interests are music and golf.

PM for more details.
Dr. Winston O. Boogie is the leader of Beatlemaniacs and can play every single Beatles song. He is also a fountain of Beatles trivia and a great guy. He leads a UK Beatles tour most summers, and people I know who went had a great time. Go hear the band and you will have a be smiling all day. (Friday at 10 am at Odell Rec Center, 2260 Odell Circle.) You can sing along. You can be a groupie! Go up and ask for his autograph after the show and ask if you can buy him a drink.

(I became single last week after eight years, Winston. She left me because her horse came first and she wanted to spend the next eight months training in New Jersey, and next winter rent a house in Ocala, while I want to stay in The Villages and play music. I loved playing with Beatlemaniacs, but I’m more needed on mandolin.)

Last edited by MandoMan; 04-30-2021 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:40 AM

A musician needs help finding girls? How times have changed.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Dr. Winston O. Boogie is the leader of Beatlemaniacs and can play every single Beatles song. He is also a fountain of Beatles trivia and a great guy. He leads a UK Beatles tour most summers, and people I know who went had a great time. Go hear the band and you will have a be smiling all day. (Friday at 10 am at Odell Rec Center, 2260 Odell Circle.) You can sing along. You can be a groupie! Go up and ask for his autograph after the show and ask if you can buy him a drink.

(I became single last week after eight years, Winston. She left me because her horse came first and she wanted to spend the next eight months training in New Jersey, and next winter rent a house in Ocala, while I want to stay in The Villages and play music. I loved playing with Beatlemaniacs, but I’m more needed on mandolin.)
Been planning to check that out. In fact, I'm going this morning...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-30-2021, 08:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

When seeing the OP post, I did not jump to conclusions - was waiting for his followup. Now we know.

Best of luck Pal. All You Need Is Love.

...and some of>>>

A Beginning
Another Girl
Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby
Got To Get You Into My Life
Hello Little Girl
I Got A Woman
I Got To Find My Baby
I Want To Hold Your Hand
To Know Her Is To Love Her
You’ll Be Mine

My guess is that you'll meet the RIGHT one sometime...

Michelle, Jude, Eleanor, Madonna, Rita, Lucille, Lucy, Maggie Mae.
Best of luck and good fortune,
Old 04-30-2021, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
I'm not sure he is saying his spouse passed, or if it she was his wife, maybe she just left.

Agree....there was no mention of death or grieving....so sounds like she moved on. Maybe she needed someone who was not always off doing "his" thing.
This playground could ruin many weak relationships. There needs to be you time, me time but equally important us time.
I witnessed a very sad exchange at SS the other night. Guy and his wife walk in, he wanted to dance-she didn't, so he gets up and line dances all night. The odd part is he was having as miserable of a time as she was. He's obviously a very beginner- so he has that, and he never smiled or acted like it was fun ( but none of the dancers do)....so why, why spend the evening with both of you so miserable? She didn't move here to watch him dance in a circle like a clown, and he didn't come to have her watch him and be miserable.
So yes, this wonderland of "fun" can certainly put a strain on a relationship.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Wanted Good Woman

Must be able:
To clean cook and sew
Capable of carrying heavy golf bag
Minimum intermediate level guitar player
Singing ability a plus

Send picture of amplifier

(Let's put this train back on the tracks)
Old 04-30-2021, 08:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
I've been in The Villages for nine years but became single a few weeks ago.

Looking to get to know some nice women.

My interests are music and golf.

PM for more details.
Sorry to hear that you are single now. We knew you & your wife when you 2 shot billiards. So if any of you ladies out there that would like to meet a super nice guy don’t let this guy slip away!
Old 04-30-2021, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Agree....there was no mention of death or grieving....so sounds like she moved on. Maybe she needed someone who was not always off doing "his" thing.
This playground could ruin many weak relationships. There needs to be you time, me time but equally important us time.
I witnessed a very sad exchange at SS the other night. Guy and his wife walk in, he wanted to dance-she didn't, so he gets up and line dances all night. The odd part is he was having as miserable of a time as she was. He's obviously a very beginner- so he has that, and he never smiled or acted like it was fun ( but none of the dancers do)....so why, why spend the evening with both of you so miserable? She didn't move here to watch him dance in a circle like a clown, and he didn't come to have her watch him and be miserable.
So yes, this wonderland of "fun" can certainly put a strain on a relationship.
Those are a lot of assumptions, both about the OP and the couple at the square.

Never saw a runner smiling either, but they're hooked on the sport. Don't confuse concentration with feeling miserable.

Tags
single, nice, women, newly, interests

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.