Not Much Activity

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
hi gang here and far away,

tonight is the italian festival and i will eat all the pasta i want, thank you very much, tkret!
OK, chachacha, eat all the pasta you want. it'll be a nice change from the Franco-American that you usually enjoy so much. Be careful, though, because all those carbs will make you sleepy and you don't want to fall asleep while driving that fancy, new car home. Have lots of fun...wish I was there.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Wow, i just read all the great things we have done lately....we sure have been busy....and what fun we have had.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage
Default Public apology demanded!

Well! I have never been so insulted in my life!! Tkret's remark about franco american was completely uncalled for! He has never tasted my delicious home cooking and i have informed him emphatically that he never will unless i receive a public apology on this forum!

Meanwhile, i did not eat pasta at the festival but rather a nice sicilian rice ball and half a canoli. (i shared with my wonderful son who was visiting). The tempting aroma of italian sausage filled the air but i resisted.

I never realized how many italian songs are out there until i heard a whole evening of them...so much fun and great memories as my folks' idea of a good time was gathering around the piano, played by my dad by ear, with my brother playing his guitar and my uncle bob playing his harmonica and everyone singing with gusto, and of course followed by wonderful food, a little wine, and expresso with anisette....anyone have similar memories out there?

Was reminiscing with johnnym and we wondered if the old traditions would survive the next generation....or will they die with us?

But on to happier thoughts....don't forget the singles dance friday night, 7 pm at mulberry grove center..a duo is playing, and the dress is described as dressy casual....i am looking forward to high heels as we do not get many occasions to wear them! Tickets are $8 and bring your resident or guest pass....hope to see a big crowd there! The usual suspects will be gathering at table 13. Is that a good omen? One can buy tickets ahead at any box office but i think they will be available at the door (?) don't know for sure, though.... Let's keep this thread alive....
Old 10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Gold member

Oh Boy, I'm in trouble AGAIN! All I can say is that chachacha has told me that she can think of nothing more appetizing than rubber spaghetti in some kind of orange goo. But, if I misunderstood this Pretty Lady, than I do, indeed, apologize. Maybe she was actually speaking about Chef Boyardee!

Chachacha: You are beautiful and smart and as Jackie told Alice so often: "Baby, you're the Greatest!"
Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Sage

Apology grudgingly accepted....but only because of your last line, you irish charmer, you.....
Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Apology grudgingly accepted....but only because of your last line, you irish charmer, you.....
hugs
Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Veteran member

Wish I was there! HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Keeping the Faith... Yeah !

My visit to the Oregon Coast was awesome and now I'm back reading up on all y'all's FUN!

Tonight we're gonna have our first FREEZE and it's forecast to be 30 degrees........
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Cool So much going on there

BillArmyRet, I love the slogan at the end of your posts. Very cool.

DickY, as usual, out having a blast. I love it.

It sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to get there f/t. An Italian parade and festival sounds fantastic too. I will be arriving just one day too late for that, boo hoooooo.

Will be there for the weekend events (Fri., Sat., Sun.) so looking forward to some fun.

CIB: I have been to the Oregon coast and it is truly beautiful. Can remember "Haystack Rock" which was incredible. Oregon is magnificent. So, until you can make it to TV, enjoy the beauty there, as I know you will.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.