NYE plans

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Default NYE plans

What did you singles do on Christmas and what are your plans for NYE?
Malverne, NY
Stormville, NY
PT TV
Old 12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Veteran member
Default quiet !

I had a very quiet Christmas at home, weather was rain/snow/slush/cold/.

New Year's Eve will probably be the same! The last time I "went out" on NYE was for the new century 2000 - in Coral Gables Florida; dinner at a Thai restaurant and attending a live Buddy Holly Musical Show at the local theatre.

Now, I live in a small town, the options are few, the weather is frigid, and I'm too old to stay up that late anymore !

P.S. I watch the fun at Times Square on tv and call it a night
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
I had a very quiet Christmas at home, weather was rain/snow/slush/cold/.

New Year's Eve will probably be the same! The last time I "went out" on NYE was for the new century 2000 - in Coral Gables Florida; dinner at a Thai restaurant and attending a live Buddy Holly Musical Show at the local theatre.

Now, I live in a small town, the options are few, the weather is frigid, and I'm too old to stay up that late anymore !

P.S. I watch the fun at Times Square on tv and call it a night
you needta get down here asap!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:37 AM

My Christmas was quite active with a house full of family and friends and five preschoolers in my NY home. I roasted my turkey the kosher way for a change and it turned out nice and brown on the outside and moist on the inside. Even the legs were moist. Also, had baked ham and lasagna as my main dishes. Had great fun with my two girls. We hope to get together at a tea room before I leave for TV. I am really looking forward to the warmer weather. We still have snow up here. Have no plans for NYE yet. I have a hard time keeping awake till midnight also. One of my friends likes to cook for NYE, but he's had an operation so that's not happening this year. Times Square and crowds at TV squares don't attract me. I've lived and worked in NYC too long. The bustling crowds do not thrill me.
Malverne, NY
Stormville, NY
PT TV
Old 12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Platinum member

Xmas Eve: I had dinner for my brother, his wife, their daughter, her husband and his mother - all of whom live nearby, but not in TV. This is now an annual event, and I pull out all the stops: white tablecloth, the best china, silver, crystal. Champagne and/or eggnog and/or wine. Shrimp with cocktail sauce, olives stuffed with blue cheese. Roast beef, potatoes au gratin, peas & pearl onions. Salad with grape tomatoes, parmesan cheese. Crescent rolls. Mrs Smith's deep dish apple pie, with ice cream and/or (most people do both) a really good cheddar (Vermont yellow is good). Candles everywhere. Xmas CDs on the player. Always a very successful party.

NYE: I shall probably watch some old movie, then hit the hay before midnight! Last year, my street held a neighborhood in-the-street party (a cul-de-sac, so that's easy to do), but it was a lot of work and everyone went home no later than 12:10am! So, we elected not to do it this year, but left our options open for next!

Whatever I do, I wish you all the best of the New Year!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.