Petition

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default IN the company of the homeowner.

Here is what the petition proposed from the orignial post:

Proposed for consideration:

We the undersigned, call upon you to pass an amendment to the bylaws to allow a single resident household the same privileges that married couples have. Each single resident household shall have a special guest pass that is linked to the resident’s Identification such that the guest shall be in the company or presence of the resident at all times in order to use it. The guest pass shall be electronically linked to the resident’s bar code. This would ensure that the guest pass could not be given to someone outside The Villages for use by anyone unaccompanied by the resident.[/Our sense is that this is what the representatives are concerned about and we believe this addresses that concern.

IN the company of the resident and electronicly linked to that singles badge. So no extra privliges for tee times as it would link to the single, no people wondering around using the facilities by themselves and the persons whos ID they check is the resident as they must be accompanied by them. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with this different color badge with the info on who they must be with clearly on it, whats the problem?
It not only seems fair, I'm not a lawyer but I suspect it could be litigated if the petition isn't adopted.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

Here's another thought provoker though a little off subject........but why should couples who never had children and married for many years have to pay school taxes????

Last edited by chuckster; 07-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
I think that makes a lot of sense - although for "fast moving" singles it may be a burden to register them.
But I think the idea of allowing singles a guest pass for whomever is a really good idea. One per single household!

Life is an endless series of burdens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvgolf View Post
Well, I wish it would go one further in that I think it is discriminatory that a single person has to pay 88% of the total fee that is required for a couple for a priority membership. A couple pays approximately $981.(approximately) and a single person pays $791. Several years ago I wrote a letter and questioned this practice and was told "well, someone has to make up the difference so it is the singles that have to do it". Just blew me away. I wouldn't bother with the priority membership except that I play a lot of golf - but still don't feel that single people are getting a fair shake.
Another obvious injustice. Guess I never noticed this disparity in the priority golf details. A small "administrative fee" making the single priority membership a little more than 50% of the cost of a couple is reasonable. 88% is outrageous! I suspect the small number of singles overall has resulted in the rest of us not being very informed about these inequities.
It's time for us couples to help keep these inequities in the public eye and help get them changed. It's a last resort and entirely distasteful, but I believe a legal challenge would quickly change these policies.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Here is what the petition proposed from the orignial post:

We the undersigned, call upon you to pass an amendment to the bylaws to allow a single resident household the same privileges that married couples have. Each single resident household shall have a special guest pass that is linked to the resident’s Identification such that the guest shall be in the company or presence of the resident at all times in order to use it. The guest pass shall be electronically linked to the resident’s bar code. This would ensure that the guest pass could not be given to someone outside The Villages for use by anyone unaccompanied by the resident.[/Our sense is that this is what the representatives are concerned about and we believe this addresses that concern.

IN the company of the resident and electronicly linked to that singles badge. So no extra privliges for tee times as it would link to the single, no people wondering around using the facilities by themselves and the persons whos ID they check is the resident as they must be accompanied by them. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with this different color badge with the info on who they must be with clearly on it, whats the problem?
It not only seems fair, I'm not a lawyer but I suspect it could be litigated if the petition isn't adopted.
So if my family are visiting from NY and want to go to the pool or play golf or whatever and I am employed, I need to take time off???CRAZY!!!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
So if my family are visiting from NY and want to go to the pool or play golf or whatever and I am employed, I need to take time off???CRAZY!!!
This thread is discussing singles petition to allow singles to be able to have a second ID they would hold on to and use for their dates so they can have a date join them as visitors are limited to 30 days and there are prohibitions apparently on out of villages locals having visitors passes also. It is not refering to regurlar visitors passes for visiting families and friends.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Default passes

As a single person planning on moving to tv. I agree we should be allowed to bring a friend or a date to our home
to enjoy with us the pool or a singles dance.After all isn't this what tv is all about enjoying the rest of our life. We are not looking to abuse the rules and regulations just being part of the fun that couples are allowed.
Good luck to all:
Old 08-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Default With YOU

Is it too late to add a name to this request
Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjean View Post
Is it too late to add a name to this request
This issue has still not been answered or resolved. (Well I guess by ignoring us singles, the answer is "No")

I added this request to my Villages Survey, as did several of my single friends. I wonder if anyone who is in charge and able to resolve this issue will read or respond to our suggestions....

I don't have anyone to invite to a dance or event, but I'd like to have the option to do so if I ever have the opportunity, and I believe this inequity should be fixed. We singles pay the same amenity fee as couples, yet we cannot invite a guest to a dance if the guest lives within a 50 mile radius of TV. Unfair!

P.S. I apologize for sounding negative... I love TV! This is the best place to live, and I've met many wonderful friends here. I'd just like the unfair treatment of singles to be fixed.

Last edited by PJ; 04-05-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: sounds too negative... I love TV!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Personally, I'd like to see the basic rules changed for not just singles, but all Villagers. If you have a friend who lives within the Tri-County area, you should be able to invite them to enjoy an occasional activity with you. My passion is bridge. I have a friend in Lady Lake I'd love to play with here. She can't because she lives in Lake County. This has nothing to do with my being single, this has to do with her location.

So, if you're going to change the rules to allow singles to bring a local into TV to enjoy the amenities, why can't a couple invite their friends to a pool party or the like (limited, of course, to the number deemed acceptable -- 4?).

I've never understood the total desire to exclude locals who happen to be friends of TVers. I LOVE the idea of special guest pass that would enable any TV resident to invite a friend or two to partake of certain activities with their friends regardless of the residency of the friend.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Personally, I'd like to see the basic rules changed for not just singles, but all Villagers. If you have a friend who lives within the Tri-County area, you should be able to invite them to enjoy an occasional activity with you. My passion is bridge. I have a friend in Lady Lake I'd love to play with here. She can't because she lives in Lake County. This has nothing to do with my being single, this has to do with her location.

So, if you're going to change the rules to allow singles to bring a local into TV to enjoy the amenities, why can't a couple invite their friends to a pool party or the like (limited, of course, to the number deemed acceptable -- 4?).

I've never understood the total desire to exclude locals who happen to be friends of TVers. I LOVE the idea of special guest pass that would enable any TV resident to invite a friend or two to partake of certain activities with their friends regardless of the residency of the friend.
I am not saying I am against a single getting a pass. As far as being able to bring more people in to use our facities that we residents pay for...I am not in favor of.
Has anyone else that lives here tried to get a t-time on an executive course lately?
I tried to get a time for our group of full time (3)residents for Wed or Thursday and gave up.
I for one will be happy to see a lot of the visitors/guests go back home.
It is good to see them come here and better to see them leave.

p.s. The Rio Grand family pool has had to turn people away because they have been over capacity.

Last edited by otherbruddaDarrell; 04-06-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: addtl. info
Old 04-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

I had been to meetings where residents asked for this change. One person had relatives living in the area and wanted them to be able to use the facilities. Somewhere a line must be drawn. In this case not everyone will be happy.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Eternal Member

I think it a club is having a social event - dance, picnic, etc), then a single should be able to invite a guest from the outside. As far as getting a guest into one of the daily/weekly activities (cards, sewing, etc) I say no.

As I understand it, most or all medical forums are open to outsiders. That I have no problem with. These are informative and helpful to all.

As far as letting them on the executive courses, I say h*ll no. But they can play on the championship courses and pay the fee.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Sage
Default muddy the waters

the problem with many of these arguments is that they muddy the waters. many singles have significant others who are not full time residents and when they spend winters here they do not receive the same amenities as a married couple. each home should be sold with two resident cards for married couples and one resident card plus one special guest card for a single buyer so there is no discrimination since all pay the same amenity fees. this would solve the problem of tri-county dates as well. if my partner cannot attend functions with me then it deprives me of enjoying my own amenities. i do not think marrieds nor singles should invite anyone beyond their couple to use our amenities as they are not paying for them. this issue should be addressed in our survey or it will never be resolved.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfox View Post
Hello to all,
I will be proposing a change to The Villages guest pass policy to allow single residents the same rights that a married couple have. The petition (See Below) will be presented to the board hopefully at the July 8 meeting to be held at the Savannah Center at 1:30PM. This will have to be introduced during the audience participation portion of that meeting. If any of you or your friends can also attend that meeting as a show of support, that will have a bearing on how it is received and voted at that meeting by the board. The last time this was on the agenda, there were only one or two people in the audience so the board did not think it was important enough to vote favorably on it.

Please help us out and get as many signatures as you can before July 5th and get them to me somehow on or before then. You can email me to arrange a pickup or delivery. I presented this proposal to the Villages Singles Club Monday night and it was well received. We hope to get many signatures from the singles clubs. You can get married couples to sign also if they are sympathetic to the cause.

If you know a retired lawyer who can provide some guidance on how to write a proper amendment to the bylaws, see if they would be willing to provide advise.

Thanks, and good luck.

Bob

To: Ms. Janet Tutt, Director VCCDD

Single residents in The Villages pay the same amenity fee every month that married couples pay, yet they are not allowed to bring a friend into The Villages to enjoy dances, swim in the pool, and play other games, golf, etc. unless they live outside the tri-county area. Specifically, we ask that single resident households be allowed the same opportunity to enjoy all the things that The Villages lifestyle has to offer married couples. We believe this is the only fair thing to do since single residents pay the same amenity fee as a married couple.

We the undersigned, call upon you to pass an amendment to the bylaws to allow a single resident household the same privileges that married couples have. Each single resident household shall have a special guest pass that is linked to the resident’s Identification such that the guest shall be in the company or presence of the resident at all times in order to use it. The guest pass shall be electronically linked to the resident’s bar code. This would ensure that the guest pass could not be given to someone outside The Villages for use by anyone unaccompanied by the resident. Our sense is that this is what the representatives are concerned about and we believe this addresses that concern.
NAME ADDRESS
_________________________________ ___________________________________________
_________________________________ _________________
Querida amiga. Comparto contigo tu propuesto y quisiera firmar, dime que tengo que hacer > Hasta pronto , Sandra
Old 04-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage
Default possible action

the petition is on file with 175 signatures and bigfox was advised at the meeting last year that they had just completed a six month study on the issue and had decided against it. however, the issue can be brought up again
after one year, which will be july. perhaps if we all contacted our local board members from VCCDD or miss janet tutt, the director, we could revive the discussion. the survey ended on march 31 and i addressed this inequity on my survey but don't know how many others did. nothing will change unless we make a concerted effort.

Last edited by chachacha; 04-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.