Single Wannabees Stuck in the Slump

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Single Wannabees Stuck in the Slump

On another thread, jmemc46 was wondering how many other single wannabees were also waiting to sell their houses in order to be able to move to The Villages.

So, check-in and give us an update.

As for me, I removed my FSBO signs until next spring, expecting to enjoy my favorite season - the fall - and hope this coming winter will not be as severe as the last.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:00 PM

I am one of those TV wannabees. I am here 'til the end of October, and then will head home to put my house on the market..with a little bit of luck (and help from St. Joseph), I will be here by the Spring.

md blondie
Old 09-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Default Stuck in the Slump

Me too. Waiting to sell here in CT. I did however buy a house in TV, but will probably end up renting one or the other over the winter months. My agent tells me that there are people out there looking to buy up here, but they're hesitating and just won't pull the plug.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM

Coney

Still trying to sell in Colorado. As far as I can see there isn't a buyer within 100 miles.
Another someday sale in tv.
Coney is your avatar pic you in front of a pot plant? Flashback to college days. Benj
Old 09-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Binj

Benj.........

YES, how observant of you to have noticed my plant Is that a reflection of your past ? (just kidding) ROTFLMAO

Actually, the photo was taken at my place of employment in - around 1982ish - when I was working in the narcotics squad (secretary) and it was a confiscated piece of evidence

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 09-15-2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Default Waiting to sell

I have been to the villages a couple of times now along with friends and family. Have the house style picked out and now I wait. Hope I can be there by Christmas. Can't wait to meet other singles.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Platinum member

BillArmyRet:

I could probably post as SteveArmyRet, having done so 20 years ago! My God, it can't be that long!

A single (lost my wife to cancer slightly more than 8 years ago) and planning to remain so. I don't necessarily participate in singles events, activities, etc., (I worry that they're too likely to be matchmaking societies ), but am always glad to others!

SWR

Last edited by swrinfla; 09-17-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Sage
Cool don't miss out on the fun!

just responding to the second army retiree who says he does not attend single events...hope you will reconsider meeting some of us. we are harmless. most of us do not want to get married, either, but nice to have an occasional dance partner or a group of friends to go out with...our friend tkret was so impressed he bought a home on the spot this weekend! just ask him!

to all the wannabe's, keep the faith and sooner or later your home will sell...probably worth reducing the price to get on with your life here in paradise...i am just arrived in august and am very happy here already!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
just responding to the second army retiree who says he does not attend single events...hope you will reconsider meeting some of us. we are harmless. most of us do not want to get married, either, but nice to have an occasional dance partner or a group of friends to go out with...our friend tkret was so impressed he bought a home on the spot this weekend! just ask him!

to all the wannabe's, keep the faith and sooner or later your home will sell...probably worth reducing the price to get on with your life here in paradise...i am just arrived in august and am very happy here already!

Chachacha, I couldn't have said it better if I tried. It IS nice to have a dance partner, someone to enjoy a lunch or dinner with, take in a movie, bowl a game, etc. Doing these things with another is NOT a recipe for a walk down the aisle, but is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening with a very good friend. Our lives are enriched when we spend time with a friend and in my humble opinion it is enriched even more when it's with someone of the opposite sex because we can learn things we would have never thought of before.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Veteran member
Exclamation single wannabees stuck in the slump

Quote:
Originally Posted by benj View Post
Coney

Still trying to sell in Colorado. As far as I can see there isn't a buyer within 100 miles.
Another someday sale in tv.
Coney is your avatar pic you in front of a pot plant? Flashback to college days. Benj
If any of you wannabees need help with a short sale, so you can get your butts to TV faster Thats what I help people with now a days send me a personal message.
larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Sage
Default how to sell your home

hi wannabee's... i read on another thread that blondie was going to plant st joseph in her back yard to get her house sold. i never did like that method and so i did something else which worked for me. you must walk around your home and property nine times, all the time releasing your home and yourself to cherish your memories together and to move on to a new owner and a new life....couldn't hurt to try! everything is spiritual in life, after all....
Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Hiya Single Wannabees ! BUMP !

I'm not giving up..... just hanging out

Wuzzup with y'all ?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM

Still hanging out in NC. Hope to have things settled soon then off to TV.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow What A Ride!"
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 PM

I will be leaving on the 31st of Oct... however, I am counting on selling my home quickly and come back in a flash to find a new home in TV.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
I will be leaving on the 31st of Oct... however, I am counting on selling my home quickly and come back in a flash to find a new home in TV.
Blondie ... are you getting out of Dodge because I'm on my way there? And, what happened to the "md" part of your TOTV handle?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.