SINGLE WANNABE"S

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Default Re: SINGLE WANNABE"S

brightspot, I started the thread. Single wannabe's are village wannabe's who are single. The single thread doesn't seem to be used alot and I just wanted other singles, or what the heck widows to post their stories. Some of us are out here going nuts trying to get to tv but the real estate market or whatever is keeping us from getting there. Hearing that others are frustrated and going through the same struggles is helpful. I was married 34 years together 37 and single is a hard pill to swallow. I'm trying to start a new life and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Veteran member

WELL SAID tkret & benj

Ummmmm.....it's only 8:45 pm on my coast..... and the sky is still light. There's a Bambi who thinks she's my pet, munching on grass a few feet from the house. I guess it's 11:45pm on the east coast & in TV-Land so whoever is still awake I'll say g'nite!

I do wish more TOTVers would participate on this fun forum so us "wannabees" can keep the faith.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Ahhhh...

so this is a thread for singles who "wannabe" Villagers.

Me----->The Villages Florida
Old 07-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Veteran member

My Pet Bambi.........

The Villages Florida

By the time I got offline to get my camera it was getting dark. Here's the pic of Bambi taken from my second story balcony..... see the flash reflected in her eyes !
Old 07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
Ahhhh...

so this is a thread for singles who "wannabe" Villagers.

Me----->The Villages Florida
Hello, again, brightspot01
very cute graphics but, please, no need to be hit over the head. That was a very good question you posed. I can certainly understand how the title of this thread is unclear. You stated in your posting, "I'm (you) not single and I don't wannabe". There are some of us single people who don't wannabe, some who wannabe, some who don't care either way, some by choice, some not ... but if we're reading this thread and live outside TV, we "wannabe" your neighbors and TOTV friends.

Thanks, brightspot01, for helping us keep this thread "alive". wav
Old 07-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Sage

CIB,

FYI, as you might imagine...there is a sailing club; they meet monthly at Lake Miona Rec Center and plan various excursions. Recently, they got 'permission' to launch a couple of boats and sail on Lake Sumter....it was a beautiful sight to see sailcloths in the breeze over Lake Sumter.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Sage

hi single friends,

wanted to tell coney island babe that we have a lot in common. i am from new york, also, and have had many years of "western adventure", the latest five years in a very small town in north dakota...i am packing up a u-haul truck mid-august and heading to my new place in TV. want to hitch a ride? luckily for me i did not have a home to sell...good luck with yours. i also admire your computer savvy for posting photos, etc. i don't know how to do any of that and can barely post a response!

have enjoyed everyone's comments. as for what i plan to do after i am settled in, i first will join the french-speaking club, the philosophy club and the paranormal psychology club. i may start an ARE group. will definitely be dancing just about every night, probably most often at lake sumter because closer to my home. look forward to meeting all of you.
as for the gentleman who is a widower, none of us "wannabe" that, but many of us are and will understand where you are coming from...i am sure you will have plenty of companionship at TV and that is most important at this stage of our lives, i think...

Old 07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Villages07...... Thanks for telling me about the Sailing Club; I was confident that there must be boating clubs at TV - something to look forward to !

Chacha..... N/Dakota -=- THAT'S REALLY COLD

There are good instructions for posting pictures on the Picture Perfect forum. Click on How To Post Pictures and follow the steps. Of course, you must already have your photos on your hard drive or on a cd or disk........... do you ???

I think, for us wannabees, it enhances our effort to make friends if we submit a photo; just my opinion. I realize many people are hesitant to post their picture on the world-wide-web but I have been posting mine ever since my first computer 8 years ago, and it hasn't hurt me so far :

Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Veteran member

CIB, of course you're invited to be one of the "crew of characters"! All Single TOTVr's (STOTV) are invited to be in the "crew of characters". As we can see, many of us already are. It doesn't matter how or why one is single (widowed/divorced/never married), just that you are currently single.

While most of us will attend the TOTV gatherings at Crisper's (myself included), I've a suggestion for the STOTV's. As each of us relocates to TV, we have a gathering of STOTV "characters", to welcome the newcomer(s). It can be an evening or afternoon gathering at a local watering hole. While not everyone drinks, I think if we can find a quiet bar where we can all sit, talk, have munchies, it would be a nice way of getting to know each other and of greeting the newbies. I'm not suggesting a "formal" singles "club" of TOTV members, but an informal "crew" of TOTV singles (only singles). Yes, I also plan to associate with married couples, but I think couples have many opportunities for socializing. I think us singles need more opportunities and support for each other. What do the rest of you singles think of this idea?

RIPWHO, yes we did have plans to raise a toast. If I recall correctly, you were going to request some tunes from Eric Clapton...Cocaine being one. I rescheduled my relocation for one year and now expect to be there in summer '09. Sounds like you may beat me to it, huh?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Veteran member

BestMickey ......... thank you for accepting me into the "crew of characters" for STOTVers, it's a wonderful idea....... kinda like a welcome wagon ;D It's fun possibilities like this that give us TV wannabees something to look forward to.

Let's hope we can all maintain this little nook in cyberspace to stay in touch ;D
Old 07-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Gold member

Bestmickey,
Great idea about having a STOTV get-together. Yes, couples have almost a built in social structure whereas singles kind of move in and out of various circles. And, of course, there are singles who eventually want to join the couples crowd with a partner of their own. An unofficial (unsanctioned) group of singles who "met" and became friends because of TOTV is a fine idea. I, too, plan on a TV arrival during the summer of next year BUT I'm beginning to doubt that I can wait until then.

Now, can someone tell me what "Crisper's" is and what the gatherings are all about? Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 02:18 AM
Veteran member

tkret, Crisper's is a restaurant in TV. TOTVr's have a monthly gathering on an afternoon. If you do a search for Crispers, you should pull up the schedule and directions. I hope you do make it to TV faster than me ... for your sake. I'll be envious, but I'll get there before long!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Gold member

Thanks, bestmickey, for the info on Crisper's. Is it by Sumter Landing or Spanish Springs or elsewhere with TV and have you had the opportunity to attend any of the gatherings. Thanks, again, for the reply ... and we WILL get the STOTV up and running!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Veteran member

tkret, I just did a search....it would help if I had been spelling Crispers correctly. :redface: It should be Chrispers. Here's a link to related threads: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/sm...action=search2

No, I haven't yet gone to Chrispers. I've only visited TV once, in June 07. Since I probably won't be back until summer '09, you will probably get there before me. The group looks like they're having fun in all the photos I've seen. Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:32 AM

Wow I'm so glad to see so many people on this thread. BestMickey what a great idea to have a crew of characters for stotv's. I hope I'm invited. I would be more comfortable meeting stotv's that even if we haven't met have spoken to/with on totv. Just today I've seen Bestmickey,coneyisbabe,tkret chachacha, and others I cant think of all single and all wannabe's. It's exciting to know I'll have some friends to meet whenever I finally get to paradice. A toast to wannabe's!! Benj

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.