Single Woman & Looking to Buy Here

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Default Single Woman & Looking to Buy Here

I'm staying in The Villages until December 22nd and would like to meet other singles to learn more about what it's like to live here.

I play golf and love to dance.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
I'm staying in The Villages until December 22nd and would like to meet other singles to learn more about what it's like to live here.

Congrats on your first post
Old 12-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post

Dear Shabby

I'm single and have been living here since June and it's awesome! IM me if you want to talk in more detail.

John
Old 12-09-2016, 06:26 PM

I would advise you NOT to move here! Been here a year.....wish I had not!!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:30 PM

Would you mind telling us why you feel that way?
Old 12-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,832 Times in 4,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
But how do you REALLY feel???
Old 12-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Platinum member

We have a very active neighborhood with a lot of activities. Singles and couples get involved in everything. Plenty of things to do. There are 3 houses on Markridge Loop in Pennecamp available now. One is on golf course with Realty Executives, 2 with The Villages. The trick is to get into a neighborhood where everyone is friendly and lots to do. You join in as little or as much as you want.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

There is a post under the singles forum from Karen. She is hosting a singles party on the 15th. You might want to look into that.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Sage

yes, i have already advised Fran about four parties this month before she leaves on the 22nd. there is another singles open house on the 25th also....we have an unclub get together coming up jan 28 and a Valentine's party already set. once you get to know a few other singles (and we are only one of many huge groups) your social calendar will be as full or as sparse as you want it to be
Old 12-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Platinum member
Default get more opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
I'm really sorry this poster feels so strongly. I have been here 3 years and feel it was the right choice for me. I moved into an established area and found several other single women on my street who are now my friends.

Had I stayed where I previously lived, I would be spending much more time alone as most of my friends were married. I knew I had to find a place that afforded me social opportunities.

Here I can decide just how social I want to be. I tend to enjoy time home alone so I'm not as active as some. But there's usually a club from ones' home state and they have meetings, etc. I met another single woman there who has become a good friend for doing things with. There are some alumni clubs that are very active. I belong to one because it's my sons alma mater. There's several clubs that women can join to do things with other women....the Juliets come to mind and Red Hat Societies. There is the Single Baby Boomers club if you meet the age criteria. There are so many possibilities of things to do you can't possibly do them all. If you golf there are singles clubs. if you take up pickleball you will get to know other players. I like to play trivia and started going on my own and eventually got asked to be on a couple of teams.

and if I feel like going to a movie by myself, I don't feel odd about it at all. many people do it.

now if one's hope is to find a partner....I can't speak to that as I'm happily single and have no desire to change that.
Closed Thread

Tags
learn, singles, live, love, dance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.