Singles ??

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Singles ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
In 2002 I moved to TV from MA, had been single for 30+ years and retired from a successful career for thirty yrs in program management which I had retired from about ten years before the move South.

It took some time to get used to the social single life and altho I dated quite a bit, there was no "Mr Wonderful" that swept me off my feet. (Incurable romantic, I am.)

Upon moving to TV, not knowing anybody, I found the neighbors to be extremely friendly and socially embracing newbies as one of the gang in the hood. I attended their monthly meetings, played bocci, took line-dancing lessons, dated a few times but nothing "took."

When out of the blue, I happen to meet this guy Bill online. I had a profile placed in one of the internet singles website. He saw my profile and IMd me. We clicked while IMing and we met for dinner at Spanish Springs the next day. I immediately found my "Mr Wonderful." We really hit it off and from then on we were a twosome and married two years later.

Why wait two years to marry? We lived together for about a year and I would have never bothered to marry except for the fact that Bill, being a retired military man, had a fabulous health coverage which included spouses. My coverage was in MA and an HMO which FL frowns upon. Yes, we married for me to have his super duper health package.

We've been married for two years now and, after a period of adjustment, we both are two happy campers. He sure was worth waiting thirty years for! I had no intentions of ever marrying again after experiencing a very tumultous attempt at it.

I share this story with you singles to encourage you that you could possibly move here single, however, you never know when that Mr Wonderful will step into your life. And, if he doesn't show up, it's up to YOU to ensure happiness in all of the opportunities presented to you here in TV. There's so many activities that are not all couple oriented; go for it! If you don't enjoy TV, then it's YOUR fault.

barb

Barb (and Bill),
I just read your posting from mid-June and wanted to thank you sharing your happy experience. Also noted that you took line-dancing lessons (which I will do once I arrive) and was curious if Mr. Wonderful is a line-dancer, too. Your posting gives encouragement to the Singles out there who are heading your way to be Villagers. From the videos to the printed word advertisements, sometimes a Single future resident may think they'll be the ONLY one unattached in TV. Of course, TV is just like any other community; only better!

Noticed your New England "past"... sure hope Bill is a Red Sox fan and not a Yankees' fan... otherwise, oh my gosh I DON'T EVEN want to think about it. Hey, much continued happiness to you both. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-08-2008, 02:56 AM

Haven't made it to the Villages yet for a visit but hope to do that soon. I plan to be on the golf courses during the daytime and dancing at night.

Wilt
Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Veteran member

BUMP - Summer's over. Wuzzup Singles ???

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 10-14-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to PGB

I moved here in June. I am from VA, love to dance and have a good time with friends. If 62 going on 35 sounds too old for anyone, oh well. Found a few single friends, joined a work out program, HOG Club and have the best neighbors ever. I am getting a divoice after 43 years of marriage, my choice and love being here. Not looking for Mr. Wonderful but am looking for a friend that has HD Motorcycle and is looking for someone to ride with him. So if that guy is available, would like to meet you.
This is the first time I have replied to a forum like this so I guess I'll see what happens from here.
Thanks for the fun conversations and information passed on here.
PGB
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Gold member

bump

Hi Coney .... wazzup and how is Handsome Jack doing these days. Are you keeping him on a tight lease? 1rnfl They' shut down Astroland Amusment Park in Coney Island so you will never, again, be able to go into the Tunnel of Love.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

Hi PGB wav
I'm envious that you are already living in TV and enjoying the fun lifestyle ! I hope you keep posting to keep us "wannabees" motivated ! It doesn't look like I'll be visiting TV this year; perhaps next spring :dontknow:

Hi tkret wav .....
That's too bad about Astroland; but I don't have many memories about it. My years of hanging out in Coney Island go back to when I was around 14 years old so that must have been in the early 50s. (Opps...... giving away my age). Was Astroland Park even there back then ? If so, maybe I couldn't afford the admission price at age 14 :dontknow:
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Veteran member
Default time for a joke about senior dating

SENIOR DATING

Dorothy and Edna, two "senior" widows, are talking.

Dorothy: "That nice George Johnson asked me out for a date. I know
you went out with him last week, and I wanted to talk with you about
him before I give him my answer."

Edna: "Well, I'll tell you. He shows up at my apartment punctually at
7 P.M., dressed like such a gentleman in a fine suit, and he brings me
such beautiful flowers! Then he takes me downstairs, and what's there
but a luxury car... a limousine, uniformed chauffeur and all. Then he
takes me out for dinner... a marvelous dinner... lobster, champagne,
dessert, and after-dinner drinks. Then we go see a show. Let me tell
you,

Dorothy, I enjoyed it so much I could have just died from pleasure! So
then we are coming back to my apartment and he turns into an ANIMAL.
Completely crazy, he tears off my expensive new dress and has his way
with me two times!"

Dorothy: "Goodness gracious!... so you are te
lling me I shouldn't go
out with him?"

Edna: "No, no, no... I'm just saying, wear an old dress."
Wanabee future TVer
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Default diskman....

I don't know whether to or

Thanks a bunch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.