To the SINGLES out there in TOTV land...May I have your attention?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

The Villages Florida
Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Dancing Thyme

I believe a lot of this confusion has to do with NOT STAYING ON TOPIC???? If you remember, I was confused between the Saturday Night Dance and the event to hear PammyJ sing. I asked that someone clear it up and/or start a new thread because I was confused (which isn't hard to do) and some others might be confused also. DougB answered me and cleared it up for me but I'm not sure if it was ever put under a separate thread.

I have observed of late, that a LOT of topic highjacking is being done and for people like me, who are not on the forum all day long and who just hunt and peck through the topics I might be interested in, that it is so hard to keep up with what's being said.

Let's make a deal,,, let's curtail some of the highjacking and see if we can't stay on topic... ??? Whatcha think?? Or else, you-know-who will be coming around to visit... the topic cop.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-14-2014, 12:55 PM

I think this poor dead horse has been beaten enough. What say we try to lend our collective voices to other subjects?

Katie
Old 03-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerogers View Post
I think this poor dead horse has been beaten enough. What say we try to lend our collective voices to other subjects?

Katie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Sage

Wait, I want to smack him another time. He loves me when I beat him.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Sage

LET IT BE.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Wait, I want to smack him another time. He loves me when I beat him.
Ha-Ha ! Good one Kitty !!

I grew dizzy trying to follow this thread . But then again ..............
Old 03-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Default Dead horse or not, I OBJECT

to anyone who thinks our singles parties are hookup mixers - that is SO OFFENSIVE, I'm almost ready to cancel my party. I'm done reading this forum. I may never post or read this again...
Old 03-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Default What the heck is going on?

If a group of singles want to have a party, why on earth does the host or hostess have to check with anyone or another entity if there is another event taking place on that date? If you can't attend the party, you'll attend the next one. It happens everywhere, not only in TV. It's your choice, plan which event you want to attend and plan accordingly. Geesh, y'all are acting like children and it's ridiculous.

And, if only single people are invited, who cares?? If certain people have a problem with a singles only party, tough luck - host your own party!

As far as insinuating that it's a hook up party - shame, shame, shame on you! Get your mind out of the gutter and get a life!

Karen - have your party, invite whoever you want, have a wonderful time and party on! I wish I was there to join you.

Visited The Villages in Oct., '09
Working on making it permanent.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Platinum member

Karen, please don't let it get to you! The laughable "hook-up" remarks were made by someone who never attended one of the events, and offered no facts of any kind to back it up.
In the meantime, it's Saturday 3/15 and life is good!

p.s. The worst thing that could happen in response to brainless comments is to give up your friends and social life. Who wins in that case? "We are family, I got all my singles and me!"

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)

Last edited by quirky3; 04-24-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Platinum member

I dislike these completely unfounded allegations about TOTV singles. Happily the group is a fine one and prospers well together.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)

Last edited by quirky3; 04-24-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:16 PM

I just got home from Karen's party and it was a blast! Thank you Karen for all the food and fun. I couldn't possibly name everyone who came, but, suffice it to say this thread was the topic of conversation with every person there. We managed to laugh about the absurdity of the 'hooking up' remark...well, all the negative remarks really. Now, we would rather just put the whole matter behind us.

I have made so many great friends through this 'unclub' of singles, I really hope it will just keep growing, so I can make even more. So, those of you who are new to the Villages, or you have yet to join us, try to ignore what you may have read here and keep watching TOTV for news about the next get together one of our 'unmembers' is organizing.

Katie
Old 04-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerogers View Post
Wow! I don't know which post I feel obligated to respond to first. But, I will say that I'm thrilled that, if nothing else, there is some debate going on. I love it, whether I agree with the comments or not.

As to why, as singles, we seek out our own company on occasion...Let's face it, the Villages is a couples oriented community. As singles we are definitely in the minority. So, there are times when we would like to socialize with other singles who have the same issues as we do.

The Meet and Greet group is absolutely not geared toward match making. To the contrary. We are just a bunch of single people who would rather hang out together, as friends, to enjoy the activities that are here in the Villages. When you're a couple you always have someone to go with. As a single, it's not easy to walk into any place alone. Through this group, I have been able to call a friend to go with me and if it happens to be a male friend it's with no strings attached. It's wonderful to have that ability. This is especially true for the new singles to the Villages.

As to why these get togethers are aimed at the single community, again, we are hoping to increase our circle of single friends for the very reasons I mentioned. Heaven knows there are a gazillion events and social activities that couples get to enjoy that we aren't comfortable attending alone...

In regard to the comments about why we don't just join the organized single groups, I don't even understand the point that's being made. For some of us any club with 600 members doesn't provide us with the kind of intimate (and by that I mean small) setting, that makes it easier to get to know each other. That being said, most of us belong to the Meet and Greet unclub, as well as the Baby Boomers, Sumter Singles or the Village Singles. Each provides something different.

As for why this party happened to be scheduled on the same night as the TOTV is set to meet, come one...there are always events happening simultaneously in the Villages. In the case of Karen's party, it was scheduled over a month ago.

I think that covers my point counter point...only an opinion, mind you, but isn't it great that we all have one.

P.S. If any married Villager's want to come to our parties - though I can't imagine why you would - you'd be welcome. I'm sure one of your single friends will give you the secret handshake to get in.

Katie
Well said Katie !

Speaking for myself only, as the Still-TV-Wannabee-Someday, a single lady who is honestly intimidated by walking into a room of hundreds of others who mostly already know each other. It is so comforting to me to know that I would have the opportunity to meet other singles who share and understand my lifestyle in a small venue where we can really get to know each other. I hope when my time comes there will still be the Singles Meet & Greet.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 PM

"I hope when my time comes there will still be the Singles Meet & Greet."
---------

Hey, not to worry! Even if it died out, all it would take is one new thread by you to get it started again. That is how chachacha or Kitty, or whoever started it initially, did it. No magic formula required.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Sage

hey, rosa robin, nice to see you posting here again! why don't you at least come for a vacation! let us hear from you more often!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.