To the SINGLES out there in TOTV land...May I have your attention?

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Sage

i agree with quirky. i was not aware of pam and doug's party (i went to the last one) and am sure many of us were not...if they would just drop a note on the singles forum next time they set a date, i am sure we would all love to meet other TOTVers...i don't have time nor desire to read every post on these threads!!! life is too short!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
Wow. I just don't see what you see, period. And I've been there. You can take my word or not.

Here's an idea - when all of you TOTV married people schedule your next small gathering, make a point of inviting TOTV singles.
Love the idea of the married folks inviting TOTV singles, too.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Sage

dee, one has to be realistic about the space available, also....as with any home party, most would have to limit to about 25-30 people or fewer for things like movie nights, etc...so inviting our married friends, although pleasant, would squeeze out some of the singles who are reticent to come in the first place in some situations. (newly widowed, etc) i think our group provides a valuable support to many singles and would not like to see it destroyed by comments from some who do not really attend or participate. why don't you come some time and get a first-hand view? would love to see you!!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
dee, one has to be realistic about the space available, also....as with any home party, most would have to limit to about 25-30 people or fewer for things like movie nights, etc...so inviting our married friends, although pleasant, would squeeze out some of the singles who are reticent to come in the first place in some situations. (newly widowed, etc) i think our group provides a valuable support to many singles and would not like to see it destroyed by comments from some who do not really attend or participate. why don't you come some time and get a first-hand view? would love to see you!!
Well said, Cha. I belong to the SBB and the Singles Unclub (love the that term, Kitty). NEVER have I felt like any event was for hooking up. None if us were born in TV. We all have left our freinds elsewhere and it's comforting to know there are other singles that are going through the same thing. Events overlap. Who cares. I'm greatfull that there are events to go to. Back home I might just be watching tv. Now I have multiple events to go to. Go Singles!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:58 PM

Very well said!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:47 PM

I hope the 1400 plus people who have read our thread so far include some of the new singles to the Villages. We really want to encourage you to join us for Karen's party on Saturday and get you on your way to making friends here. If you need the address just look for the party post and then send a private message to Karen for directions to her house.

See you there!

Katie
Old 03-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And for those who might think I was trying to put anyone down, I wasn't. I know many of the folks who go to this and they really are a great group. I was just upset that it conflicted with the dancing and have never been known for my tact.

So, newbies, don't hesitate. You'll have a great time and have a chance to meet some really wonderful people.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Talking Great thread about multiple options, but ??? WHY ???

So, here I am checking questions about Game Night at Karen's on March 15, and I don't really want anyone to feel left out or miss it cuz of other plans. But, a party is what it is, come or not and if you'd rather dance, don't come, DUH. But some of us enjoy house parties cuz it can be easier to get some conversations going than in loud sweaty clubs and all. Me, I like house parties and so I thought I'd host another one. BTW, if I was dating someone, I'd probably opt for the dance... And it's for singles to keep my 40-50 neighbors from coming like they did on NewYear's (LOL:-) - so if you'd like the option to talk with other "single" Villagers, please PM me for the address, bring your libations and dish/snack tray to share and we will have a few fun games, some musack and pleasant conversations with other "singles".

Hope to keep this party UNDER 60 people this time and those of you who have been here understand why, since I didn't ask for RSVP's I am crossing my fingers that any overage will stay outdoors with the boom box and I hope it's warm enough...

I think we will have LOTS o' FUN and POTS o' GOLD (well, maybe not gold... :-)
Old 03-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Veteran member

I feel compelled to respond. The Villages is a couples world and I am single. So are my girlfriends, and we look for opportunities to socialize with other singles to talk and discuss our issues, and support each other. A lot of the so called "Singles Clubs" are full of couples who happen to be single. For some strange reason after finding a companion they still attend the singles clubs, am I right here guys? Have you had this experience? I am not looking to hook up, but to find friends in like circumstances. There is no master calendar for TOTV out there, so multiple activities on some nights are inevitable. We only have seven days a week, and 365 a year. If it is listed for singles, it should not be a problem.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I know this will probably sound mean and petty, but why have a party on the same night as another TOTV get together (the dance club started by Doug and Pammy)? This just seems to make no sense to me.

Personally, I don't really feel comfortable at the idea of just singles. I'd prefer to see any and all events open to whoever wants to come. Whether the intent is there or not, it sounds like folks are there to hook up more than to get together. (It didn't at first, but lately that has been my feeling.)
-------------
I just checked the Singles forum list of threads and I do not see any thread mentioning any "get together" on March 15 by a Doug and Pammy. I do not recall hearing about it. I still know nothing about it other than it apparently will have dancing! Is it there under a title that does not reveal its nature? When I schedule a party for my house, I assume I will have checked the Singles forum for other parties on a possible date, to avoid a conflict, but that would be about all I'd check. As for married folks not being invited, some married people have attended some of the informal singles parties. I had been thinking of maybe inviting my married next door neighbors to mine, and I doubt my single friends would mind much if I did, but on the other hand, the posted arguments for singles-only have merit.

AS for any alleged "hooking up", if the current younger folks meaning of that was intended, i.e., meeting for immediate sex and only sex, I somehow I missed those parties. Someone please post about the next one so I can be sure to make, er... I mean avoid it.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Sage

Lol!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Don't forget, the next TOTV "Let's Not Keep Happy to an Hour" get together is set for March 15th. Mark your calendars! You ain't gonna want to miss this one. Details to come! All singles, couples, threesomes, whatever are invited.

Ok, I am not single so I do not read the "Singles Forum". I am posting here because a friend PMed me and told me where this thread was going. As you can see by the above quote that I posted on Joe's TOTV Crisper's thread WAY BACK on FEB. 14, singles were invited, as well as couples, and for all I care threesomes. ALL were invited. Pam and I would never exclude anyone. Why would I post it on the "Singles Forum" anymore than the Crisper's invites aren't?
It's not a singles' event. It's not a couples' event. It is a TOTV Happy Hour event. We have never posted any of the "Lets Not Keep Happy to An Hour" get togethers anywhere but in general discussion for all of TOTV.
For those who come to the Happy Hour, we will have a great time! For those who go to the Game Night, you will have a
great time! It's not a competition! Surely, you don't believe these are the only things going on March 15. life is full of choices.

Note to myself: Send special invite to those who "don't have time nor desire to read every post on these threads!!! life is too short".

Old 03-14-2014, 04:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ok, I am not single so I do not read the "Singles Forum". I am posting here because a friend PMed me and told me where this thread was going. As you can see by the above quote that I posted on Joe's TOTV Crisper's thread WAY BACK on FEB. 14, singles were invited, as well as couples, and for all I care threesomes. ALL were invited. Pam and I would never exclude anyone. Why would I post it on the "Singles Forum" anymore than the Crisper's invites aren't?
It's not a singles' event. It's not a couples' event. It is a TOTV Happy Hour event. We have never posted any of the "Lets Not Keep Happy to An Hour" get togethers anywhere but in general discussion for all of TOTV.
For those who come to the Happy Hour, we will have a great time! For those who go to the Game Night, you will have a
great time! It's not a competition! Surely, you don't believe these are the only things going on March 15. life is full of choices.

Note to myself: Send special invite to those who "don't have time nor desire to read every post on these threads!!! life is too short".

"life is too short, to be, too little".

One of the rare coflicts, when it comes to parties, for singles. We all consider ourselves to be lucky, to have more than pne event to go to.

I have decided to go to THe Happy Hour dance to hear Pam sing. She is very good.

If this happened to me, I would consider moving my date for a party, but that's just me.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
"life is too short, to be, too little".

One of the rare coflicts, when it comes to parties, for singles. We all consider ourselves to be lucky, to have more than pne event to go to.

I have decided to go to THe Happy Hour dance to hear Pam sing. She is very good.

If this happened to me, I would consider moving my date for a party, but that's just me.
The dance event is the opening of a new club with $5 entry. I'm not sure how plainly this was put forth, since it was called a TOTV happy hour originally. It is advertised as Saturday Night Dance club, without reference to totv, and will doubtless be great fun and a good venue for the band.

This thread has produced misunderstandings about what the Meet and Greet Unclub is about, who is married, who's naughty and nice....about people I know to be good folks (like Dee and Doug and Ronnye)...

As to the question whether anyone has an obligation to arrange their party based on what another club or Unclub is doing, it would require one to predict everyone else's intentions before determining their own, and that is simply not possible.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:

--------------Doug

There is no obligation to post notice of such an event in the singles forum, or any other forum for that matter. The post I had responded to had asked why would someone schedule a party on a date on which another event had already been scheduled. I simply answered that question as best I could, which was to say because the other event had not been posted with its own thread in the singles forum, and I, and I assume some others, do not read many forums. Now I will also add that the nature of the event, and the targeted populations, are different enough that even if Karen had known of it, I join with you in seeing nothing wrong with scheduling the singles party on the same date. I do highly recommend that notice of any event be given its own thread, with an informative title such as "Hookup Mixer, April 1, 7PM, SE corner of Sumter Square".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.