some good shows coming up!

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Sage
Default some good shows coming up!

there are some very good opportunities for shows and theatre coming up this month....just three that katie and i have tickets for are as follows:

oct 14 Starlight Players variety show Sentimental Journey at Rohan Rec Center at 7pm. tickets $10 byob drinks and snacks.

oct 15 Young Frankenstein at Savannah Center 7pm.

oct 23 Ghost of a Chance at Mulberry Rec Center $18

if anyone would like to join us for dinner and the show, get your tickets and pm me or katie and we will plan a fun evening!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

One of the "Under the Radar" shows coming up that is a real musical treat is "The World Goes Round" a show built around the music of Kander and Ebb. While not as well-known as others, the music is marvelous. You might not recognize the names Kander and Ebb, but you certainly know their hit shows "Cabaret" and "Chicago", as well as the song thy wrote for Barbra Streisand "My Coloring Book". And everyone knows there biggest hit song "The Theme from New York New York" which became one of Sinatra's signature songs. And the rest of the songs in the show are every bit as good as the ones that are well-known. Backed by an 8 piece band, the show features Billie Thatcher, Jan Lavin, Janet Maloney, Jack Kolinski (Jean Valjean fro the 2015 local production of "Les Miz"), and Marty Butler and me who were in the 2016 production of "Forever Plaid", and a number of other veterans of Savannah Center shows. The dates are Nov 1 and 2. Hope you will come and see the show. You will enjoy it very much, I know.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Sage

thanks for that suggestion! we have so much great talent here in The Villages!!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:40 PM

Hi and what a pleasure meeting you and the others on the "cruise." I just tried.to start a new thread inviting people to the SS square Wed night for Rocky and the Rollers...a group I promised myself I'd see...can you spread the word if my thread doesn'the show up? Gracia:-)

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:01 PM

Hey there -
Wanted to tell you - the 15th I tried for Young Frankenstein, but not many seats left! Looked on 16th matinee and there were lots! Bummed it won't be together, but hope we both enjoy the show!
Cheers!
Colleen
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Sage

bump....

Tags
tickets, oct, center, rec, katie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.